Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that MJK's leg bone in the crime scene photo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by E.J.H. View Post
    Thanks, it's even more impressive with a rotation... do you think she has a piece of fabric stuck on the face, as well as hair? I still don't recognize nose and eyes, perhaps lips?
    I always wonder if what look like cracks on her face are part of the damage done or a part of the image itself? I think I can make out a closed eye in the upper left part of the face but that is it. The lower half is a complete mystery.

    Tristan

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Losmandris View Post

      I always wonder if what look like cracks on her face are part of the damage done or a part of the image itself? I think I can make out a closed eye in the upper left part of the face but that is it. The lower half is a complete mystery.

      Tristan
      Yeah, there's a weird cracked eggshell effect on her face. I don't know if it's hair, damage, photo quality or image processing.

      Comment


      • #48
        Yes - it appears to be the lower part of her right femur from which the quadriceps muscle has been cut away. If skeletal remains are ever recovered in an exhumation there should be knife marks on that bone and also, probably on the bodies of the 5th and 6th cervical vertebra which Thomas Bond's autopsy report noted as having been deeply notched when her throat was cut. There would also be knife marks on the maxillary bones of the skull from the excision of most of her face.

        Prosector

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Harry D View Post

          Yeah, there's a weird cracked eggshell effect on her face. I don't know if it's hair, damage, photo quality or image processing.
          probably a bit of all of it with perhaps veins thrown in

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Harry D View Post

            Yeah, there's a weird cracked eggshell effect on her face. I don't know if it's hair, damage, photo quality or image processing.
            Would be interesting to find out what/which? Any photo experts out there?

            Tristan

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Losmandris View Post

              Would be interesting to find out what/which? Any photo experts out there?

              Tristan
              Unfortunately, the eggshell/cracked effect is due to artefact that has crept in during the life of the multiply-copied image. And this is made worse when the image is scaled up and the resolution increased. The image I created (the hi-res one that features on this thread) is actually pushed too far which is why her face is so 'cracked'. If I could get hold of a first-gen or the original (fat chance!) image then the results would obviously be a lot better!

              I'll work on it.

              The link (below) leads to the page on my blog with several other hi-res images of Miller's Court crime scene.
              https://jtr3d.com/2017/07/25/mjk2-cl...loured-hi-res/

              And I'll keep adding to this page as and when I get more/better image results.
              If anyone knows where I can get my hands on some good quality originals that would be fab!
              ---------------------------------------------------
              JtR3D.com JtR 3D Blog
              ---------------------------------------------------
              HHAP

              Comment


              • #52
                The right femur is clearly the "bone" in question, in MJK3 the bone isnt exposed but the inner thigh is stripped of most its flesh. The images on the link provided by Richard are striking, if anyone believes what they are seeing is the result of someone with anatomical knowledge and medical student grade knife skills, look at that image again.

                Annie was opened by someone who had those attributes, Mary was killed by someone who had no idea what they were doing.
                Michael Richards

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by richardh View Post

                  Unfortunately, the eggshell/cracked effect is due to artefact that has crept in during the life of the multiply-copied image. And this is made worse when the image is scaled up and the resolution increased. The image I created (the hi-res one that features on this thread) is actually pushed too far which is why her face is so 'cracked'. If I could get hold of a first-gen or the original (fat chance!) image then the results would obviously be a lot better!

                  I'll work on it.

                  The link (below) leads to the page on my blog with several other hi-res images of Miller's Court crime scene.
                  https://jtr3d.com/2017/07/25/mjk2-cl...loured-hi-res/

                  And I'll keep adding to this page as and when I get more/better image results.
                  If anyone knows where I can get my hands on some good quality originals that would be fab!
                  Thanks Richard! I still for the life of me cannot discern any of her features. Is this one of those that once you 'seen it (them) you cant un-see it (them)' or has the age and the quality of the photo rendered any perception of features impossible?

                  Any thoughts, any one?

                  Tristan
                  Last edited by Losmandris; 10-26-2020, 02:26 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    That's because her face had actually been removed.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by DJA View Post
                      That's because her face had actually been removed.
                      Removed?

                      Tristan

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Excision.

                        Cut the face away from the maxillary bones and pulled.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Maxilla.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	744670
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Losmandris View Post

                          Thanks Richard! I still for the life of me cannot discern any of her features. Is this one of those that once you 'seen it (them) you cant un-see it (them)' or has the age and the quality of the photo rendered any perception of features impossible?

                          Any thoughts, any one?

                          Tristan
                          It's a mixture of both, to be honest! Her face was horrifically mutilated with most of her features cut off or hacked. But, like I said, the image is already degraded by being copied dozens of times so any detail that MIGHT have been obvious in the original photo would have diminished and the loss would have been magnified as the resolution was increased and the image was 'up-scaled'.
                          What is needed is a good clean original but I doubt one is available online or even in a private collection.

                          Have to pop along to the black museum when it's open to the public and see if one might obtain a good copy!
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          JtR3D.com JtR 3D Blog
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          HHAP

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Bond from the PM:

                            "The face was gashed in all directions the nose cheeks, eyebrows and ears being partly removed. The lips were blanched & cut by several incisions running obliquely down to the chin. There were also numerous cuts extending irregularly across all the features."

                            Note that some features were "partly" removed, but the surface was "gashed". Her face wasnt removed at all, it was slashed from different directions and with some force. It is probable this was done during or just after the initial struggle.

                            These actions suggest a passionate killer in the throes of anger or some similar state.
                            Michael Richards

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              There would also be knife marks on the maxillary bones of the skull from the excision of most of her face.

                              Prosector
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                G
                                Originally posted by DJA View Post
                                Excision.

                                Cut the face away from the maxillary bones and pulled.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Maxilla.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	744670

                                Got ya. Never thought of that before.

                                Tristan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X