Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that MJK's leg bone in the crime scene photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that MJK's leg bone in the crime scene photo?

I realise this is a sensitive photograph but it's something I have wondered about for a while. I hope I'm wrong, how horrific and sad.
    Attached Files

I always took it that was her femur bone stripped of flesh, yes.

Comment

I guess there could be a chance it's a strip of skin with some flesh that wasn't removed, it is rather clean looking. The bone could be deeper in the darker area, blood covered. (A bit like MJK2). It's very hard to pull proper detail from this photo without getting a very high resolution version.

Comment

Read Bond's post mortem.
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Here is the part of Bond's report about the right leg.

The skin & tissues of the abdomen from the costal arch to the pubes were removed in three large flaps. The right thigh was denuded in front to the bone, the flap of skin, including the external organs of generation & part of the right buttock. The left thigh was stripped of skin, fascia & muscles as far as the knee.

So it's pretty certain that is bone we are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by peg&pie View Post
            I guess there could be a chance it's a strip of skin with some flesh that wasn't removed, it is rather clean looking. The bone could be deeper in the darker area, blood covered. (A bit like MJK2). It's very hard to pull proper detail from this photo without getting a very high resolution version.
            MaryJaneKelly_Ripper.jpg (JPEG Image, 4806 × 6150 pixels) - Scaled (10%)

Comment

I've always taken that to be her right femur.
              - Ginger

Comment

Forcing myself through looking at both scene photos more closely it looks to me like someone has moved her left leg before taking the second photo. Rigor mortis will have started to set in some time before the photos were taken so the body itself would be in a rigid state. As the left leg is in a bent position it would remain like that if rolled and propped up by the foot. At least, that's a possible explanation.

Which leads me to ask (and I've asked something similar to this before regarding removing her body from the room), with Mary Kelly's legs in such a position and after rigor mortis will have set in, how would they have transferred her body from the bed into the casket they used to take her out of Miller's Court?

Comment

Hi Curious Cat,

"How would they have transferred her [MJK's] body from the bed into the casket they used to take her out of Miller's Court?"

That is a very smart question.

I'm willing to bet that you'll now receive an assortment of knowledgeable but very different answers based upon how long rigor mortis persists in the body.

Stay safe.

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thanks for high-quality photo DJA. Personally, I'm still trying to figure the extent of damages to her face, I can't even spot her features.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                      Hi Curious Cat,

"How would they have transferred her [MJK's] body from the bed into the casket they used to take her out of Miller's Court?"

That is a very smart question.

I'm willing to bet that you'll now receive an assortment of knowledgeable but very different answers based upon how long rigor mortis persists in the body.

Stay safe.

Simon
                      Hi Simon,

Would rigor even apply that much in this case (whoever she may be) given the extreme damage to the leg muscles?

Or is there a nefarious answer I'm missing?

Sorry Curious Cat, no knowledgeable answers from me, just more questions.
                      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        I always took it that was her femur bone stripped of flesh, yes.
                        ... which brings us to Sean Vincent Gillis of Baton Rouge, a serial killer who, when he confessed, did so by saying "I wanted to see her femur" about one of his victims.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J.H. View Post
                          Thanks for high-quality photo DJA. Personally, I'm still trying to figure the extent of damages to her face, I can't even spot her features.
                          One reconstruction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAK reconstruction.jpg
Views:	2194
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	738298

Comment

Originally posted by E.J.H. View Post
                            It's an excellent quality photo, I can only make out one open eye on the left. I remember reading the testimony of those who saw the body and if I remember correctly two of them mentioned the open eyes.

Comment

See it within the centre of this red circle? I'm sure I see an eye quite clearly. It's haunting.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X