Did Jack only kill 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• independent events

Hello Neil. Thanks. My take was that they were independent events. I may be correct.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
      It doesn't Lynn,

It seems Mike has gotten a lil over excited with his speculatin and not bothered to check his story out.

The robbery took place on Sunday, after Eddowes murder. The robbers entered an empty warehouse in Duke Street and made their way across the roof to the Post Office and let themselves in through a trap door.

Monty
      Hi Monty,

The robbery was discovered October 1st but it was believed that it had taken place on Saturday night, so it is at least possible that the robbery and the murder took place on the same night.

Cheers Monty,

Michael
      Michael Richards

Comment

• Hi Michael,

I think it's reasonable to conclude that, however coincidental, the theft of postage stamps and the disembowling of a woman had little to do with each other.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Jon. Thanks. Out of curiosity, why CAN'T they be answered? So far, we know that they are NOT answered, but can't is a bit more involved.

Cheers.
          LC
          Hello Lynn.
          Simply that, although their personal decision may have been voiced, they were never justified in print.
          Therefore, raising questions about "why" they made the choice they did, concealing the presumption that an "honest" person might have done different?, all the while "we" are oblivious to the circumstances, only creates suspicion.

Are "we" able to compare the living conditions between Cooney's, Shoe-lane & Mile-end, Casual Wards?
          Putting ourselves in their place, wouldn't "comparing the conditions" be among the first considerations?

Regards, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• I think it's reasonable to conclude that, however coincidental, the theft of postage stamps and the disembowling of a woman had little to do with each other.
            Only if the postage stamps concerned were Die ll - If they were Die l all bets are off!

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
              Hi Monty,

The robbery was discovered October 1st but it was believed that it had taken place on Saturday night, so it is at least possible that the robbery and the murder took place on the same night.

Cheers Monty,

Michael
              It was also believed to have taken place Sunday, whilst the area was distracted.

Depends on which News report you read.

Either way, the theory is unrealistic.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• distance

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"Are "we" able to compare the living conditions between Cooney's, Shoe-lane & Mile-end, Casual Wards?"

Well, insofar as:

1. we fulfill the office of historian

and

2. have available data

I think we can.

"Putting ourselves in their place, wouldn't "comparing the conditions" be among the first considerations?"

I think so. And my first consideration would be the distances involved from Spitalfields.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi Michael,

I think it's reasonable to conclude that, however coincidental, the theft of postage stamps and the disembowling of a woman had little to do with each other.

Regards,

Simon
                  Hi Simon,

Perhaps it is a improbable connective thread, but when I consider the re-sieving of ashes Saturday morning that were already investigated thoroughly on Friday, indicating to me that Abberline thought something minute but still identifiable was missed the first time, (perhaps stamp, letter or pound notes fragments), the issuance of a Pardon for Accomplices, the visitation of Parliamentary members, a Senior Post Office Official and the Royal Irish constabulary to Millers Court at the beginning of the week.....it seems to me other than coincidental activity.

What possible reason would parliamentary members have for leaving their duties aside after just returning from a hiatus to visit a murder scene, what business is the murder of Mary Kelly to Parliament, what business is Mary Kellys murder to the Royal Irish Constabulary, and why on earth would a Senior Post Office Official have cause to visit that room?

Some have suggested they were there out of curiosity...I find that improbable due to the crowds that were in Dorset at the weeks start, why visit so soon after the murder at the height of the mayhem?

An Irish connection seems probable to me here, and I cannot imagine that a visit by a Senior Post Official had nothing to do with Postal operations. Parliament would certainly be interested in anything Irish as far as crime goes, particularly with the Commission ongoing.

My best regards,

Michael
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Hi Michael,

The idea that the Millers Court RIC were rubbernecking is idiotic. They were in town for the Special Commission.

On 9th November, the day of the Millers Court murder, an inquest was being held at Holborn Town Hall into the mysterious death by poisoning of Michael James Quilter, the brother of a Metropolitan Police sergeant, who had travelled from Kerry to appear as a witness before the Special Commission.

Quilter wouldn't be the only Special Commission witness to die in mysterious circumstances.

Perhaps the RIC thought the death in Millers Court was somehow connected.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• R I C

Hello Michael, Simon.

"They were in town for the Special Commission."

Perhaps. But recall that Sir Ed--and Monro/Gosselin afterwards--had RIC men stationed in London as part of his intelligence network.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• Or not, as the case may be

Hi Lynn,

Irish Times, Thursday 11 October 1888

From LONDON CORRESPONDENCE

"It has been denied that any officers of the Irish police have been sent here on a special mission, and Superintendent Mallon's presence in London is explained by the statement that he is on holiday. The contradiction, I am assured, is at once correct and inaccurate. It is not the case that any representative of the Irish police force has been sent here in connection with the Whitechapel tragedies, but it is the case that three members of the detective department are now in London in connection with the new international organisation, of which the Home Office has been for some weeks in receipt of private information which has caused a communication with the Irish Executive. The result of this communication has been the despatch of three experts to London, where it is known the conspiracy proposes to establish one of its headquarters, with a branch in Dublin."

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Re. the 5 canonical murders attributed to Jack does anyone have any accurate info on just how many murders of females were committed in the Whitechapel area or neighbouring areas between say 1887 and 1889 ?

kind regards,
                          Abe

Comment

Working...
                          X