A Killer Other Than the B.S. Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
    Schwartz is a curious character, I did have my suspicions about him, after all Berner street was a jewish neighbourhood. It's funny how he said they shouted "Lipski", that would to many people eliminate a jewish man fighting with Stride.

Why wait to go to the police indeed? If he wasn't that concerned why bother going in the first place, and if he was concerned why not act immediately by going to the police? Or at least getting the help of someone and going back to the scene.
    Hi Natasha,

Excellent point. If he was that public spirited you would have expected him to seek out a police officer and report the attack that night.

Comment

Schwartz is a curious character, I did have my suspicions about him, after all Berner street was a jewish neighbourhood. It's funny how he said they shouted "Lipski", that would to many people eliminate a jewish man fighting with Stride.

Why wait to go to the police indeed? If he wasn't that concerned why bother going in the first place, and if he was concerned why not act immediately by going to the police? Or at least getting the help of someone and going back to the scene.
      I'm also surprised at Schwartz's willingness to come forward given that the immigrant neighbourhood were recalcitrant with the local authorities. It was a bold move for a local Jew who knew limited English to involve himself in a case where the police were looking for a Jewish suspect. How did he know they wouldn't try to fit him up for the crime?

Incidentally, I like the idea that 'Pipeman', or 'Knifeman' depending on who you ask, was an invention by Schwartz to cover up his shame of failing to save a damsel in distress.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello CD. Thanks.

"I was implying that something at Berner Street scared him off before he could begin the mutilations."

Oh, sure. Actually, if one wishes to go that route, the side door is better.

Cheers.
        LC
        Hello Lynn,

Maybe the killer was interrupted by Lave, not Louis D.

Comment

Hello Natasha.

"If that seems unlikely, what do you think about the deviation of the wounds?"

Her neck wound was indeed less deep than the others and it tailed off. Of course, that would be consistent with her being cut whilst being lowered to the ground.

Cheers.
          LC
          Hi Lynn,

That could be a possibility, but I feel that the ripper was the type of killer who would make sure the victim was dead & quiet, the overkill in earlier and later murders demonstrate this. Also if that scenario is correct, wouldn't the cuts go upwards?

These light cuts are not consistent with the other murders. Would it not be a little awkward cutting the victim's throat whilst they were lying down?

Comment

Hello Lynn,

I thought it was a long time before working men's clubs agreed to serve beer. In order to promote sobriety as well as literacy and other middle class virtues. Still, no doubt you are right, you've been doing this for longer than I have, so I bow to your superior knowledge. Just remember reading something about a long drawnout battle before beer was approved. Of course nowadays working men's clubs serve alchohol - would be riots otherwise.

Best wishes
            Gwyneth

Comment

Hi Lynn,

That could be a possibility, but I feel that the ripper was the type of killer who would make sure the victim was dead & quiet, the overkill in earlier and later murders demonstrate this. Also if that scenario is correct, wouldn't the cuts go upwards?

These light cuts are not consistent with the other murders. Would it not be a little awkward cutting the victim's throat whilst they were lying down?
              Hi Natasha,

I think it should be remembered that the passage was narrow and very dark. Might therefore the killer have had difficulties in manoeuvring the knife, or even seeing what he was doing?

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                Hi Natasha,

Excellent point. If he was that public spirited you would have expected him to seek out a police officer and report the attack that night.
                Hi John,

Thanks. Exactly. So it seems there could be more to the reason he gave his statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                  I'm also surprised at Schwartz's willingness to come forward given that the immigrant neighbourhood were recalcitrant with the local authorities. It was a bold move for a local Jew who knew limited English to involve himself in a case where the police were looking for a Jewish suspect. How did he know they wouldn't try to fit him up for the crime?

Incidentally, I like the idea that 'Pipeman', or 'Knifeman' depending on who you ask, was an invention by Schwartz to cover up his shame of failing to save a damsel in distress.
                  It is very strange for him to come forward indeed. Why risk it? It doesn't make sense, unless he was covering his ass or someone elses.

By going to the police I suppose he could plant the idea of someone other than a jew was involved. And it appears risky for him to do so, but perhaps him doing this makes him look innocent.

Lol, yeah that idea is not bad, pride may have had a role to play in his actions.

Comment

Hi Natasha,

I think it should be remembered that the passage was narrow and very dark. Might therefore the killer have had difficulties in manoeuvring the knife, or even seeing what he was doing?
                    Hi John,

Yes this is a possibility, but the ripper didn't have problems before of after, so I'm not sure if the lack of light had anything to do with it.

So does that mean the ripper wasn't responsible for this murder?
                    Last edited by Natasha; 05-23-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

And, of course, he correctly identified the flower, unlike Marshall, Brown and Schwartz. I wonder if the package PC Smith saw could have contained a new pipe!
                      Nick Warren who ran a publication called "ripperana" always reckoned that there was at least two weapons used on at least one of the victims so to have a man observed with a package in his hands with one of the victims less then half an hour before a murder is very interesting .
                      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Harry

You made me think of something.

What if Schwartz was with Stride, but was told to f off more or less by someone else, the killer perhaps? Of course if he wasn't the killer.

This could explain the need to go to the police, perhaps to cover his ass if anyone made comments about seeing him with her.

I'm interested in the well dressed man J Best saw with Stride.
                        Last edited by Natasha; 05-23-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Hello Gwyneth. A few quick points.

1. The club could, and did, serve alcohol.

2. But, at the time, the alcohol was probably NOT served.

3. But, on the other hand, would Liz have known all that?

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Hello Lynn

I would have to try very hard to cachou out!

Gwyneth

Comment

Does anyone know what Schwartz was wearing the night he claimed to see Stride being attacked?

I know he was described as being well dressed when going to the station.

Comment

I would like to point out that there was talk of the police taking bribes from jews running brothels and gambling etc. So could this account for the suspect being portrayed as a non jew? Also the GSG fiasco.

Could that explain Schwartz's reason for visiting the station?

Comment

witness

Hello John. Thanks.

Quite possible. But did Lave see the murder? I have often wondered if some club member did not inadvertently see some part of it?

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X