No announcement yet.

The Schwartz/BS Man situation - My opinion only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another funny, but similar outdated term is ejaculated. As in to utter suddenly, as in surprise. So you could say that BS man ejaculated, and caused Schwartz to be incontinent!
    Your evening of swing has been cancelled.

Comment

• Fnar fnar!
      ​​​​​​https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haa...lmes-1.5231046

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

There is always face value ready to be taken into account Sam, My interpretation is that he used the phrase based on its most obvious and primary definition. The act would be highly consistent with someone in sudden fear of their life, and not an uncommon occurrence either. People can be incontinent when laughing, scared, a myriad of causes actually.
        You are applying today's use of the word to Victorian language, and that is a common mistake. In Victorian "speak", the obvious intention is that he fled with haste, not that he wet himself.

- Jeff

Comment

• I do realize that common speak in Victorian times is often quite different from todays vernacular Jeff. I also just realized that perhaps we've wet/dry trousers enough.
          Michael Richards

Comment

• >> Secondary or tertiary results are by definition, not "the obvious".<<

They are only secondary or tertiary to those that did not know the meaning of the word as used in Victorian times, hence the obvious.
            dustymiller
            aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
              >> Secondary or tertiary results are by definition, not "the obvious".<<

They are only secondary or tertiary to those that did not know the meaning of the word as used in Victorian times, hence the obvious.
              You presume that people always use the correct word, (common contemporary usage/vernacular), each time they speak, and that's incorrect for any historical period.
              Michael Richards

Comment

• You are applying today's use of the word to Victorian language, and that is a common mistake. In Victorian "speak", the obvious intention is that he fled with haste, not that he wet himself.

Maybe he wet himself as he fled. There you go. Kill two birds with one stone.

c.d.

Comment

• Sam Flynn went market
                  Joshua Rogan stayed home
                  Jeff Hamm had roast beef
                  c.d. had none
                  And Micheal W Richards went wee, wee, wee all the way home!

Click image for larger version

Name:	51N6HyOE9ML._AC_.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	727685
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                  X