Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    Hi Lynn

Some must have been spilled during the altercation as they were scattered all over the yard and in the gutter. The Docotor`s assistant possibly responsible for the ones in the gutter.
    I donīt think Johnston ever touched the cachous. I do think, however, that he palpated for the pulse on that hand. But Blackwell was the one who spilt the cachous as I remember it!

The best,
    Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
      There's no evidence that the cachous were spilled during the attack. Blackwell testified that the were nearly open when he found them in Strides hand and that he spilled them while taking the packet from that hand.
      Yes, Blackwell admitted spilling some of them, but how did they end up all over the yard?
      As I said, the one`s found in the gutter were probably spilt by the Doctor but all over the yard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        I donīt think Johnston ever touched the cachous. I do think, however, that he palpated for the pulse on that hand. But Blackwell was the one who spilt the cachous as I remember it!

Thanks. Wasn`t sure which one it was, off hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
          Yes, Blackwell admitted spilling some of them, but how did they end up all over the yard?
          As I said, the one`s found in the gutter were probably spilt by the Doctor but all over the yard?
          "It was I who spilt them in removing them from the hand." Blackwell, from the inquest.
          Possibly, Jon, the packet was still firmly lodged between her fingers (though Blackwell said that the hand had gradually relaxed), and pulling the packet out of her hand may somewhat have resembled pulling the cork out of a winebottle.

That is my best guess, at least. I know that Tom W has somewhere mentioned that it was six or seven cachous or something like that that lay in the yard, but I donīt recall how he sourced that number. Iīm not even sure that he said specifically six or seven, but Iīm sure it was less than ten.

The best,
          Fisherman

Comment

• foetal position

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"Did they?"

They did indeed. At most, she could have drawn up her knees into foetal position.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• responsibility

Hello (again) Jon. Thanks.

"Some must have been spilled during the altercation as they were scattered all over the yard and in the gutter."

The doctors took responsibility for this.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• forensic evidence

Hello Cris. Absolutely.

Not sure why that point even comes up anymore. If the doctors were mistaken about such, well, that's another thing. But the forensic evidence should be agreed on by now--at least as Blackwell and Phillips articulated it.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• piece of cake

Hello Christer. Thanks.

"Well, then I've seen other kinds, Lynn. And marketing sweetmeats that crumble under the pressure between fingers seems an odd business idea to me ..."

I mean the kind one puts upon a cake.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• hand

Hello (again) Christer. I thought Johnston used the other hand (right) to test for pulse? It would have been closer and easier to locate.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• how many?

Hello Jon.

"Blackwell admitted spilling some of them, but how did they end up all over the yard?"

Perhaps a vigourous prising loose of the cachous?

Besides, how many cachous can one hold between thumb and forefinger?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• number

Hello Christer. Yes, I think that was the number.

(Should have read your post before replying to Jon.)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello (again) Christer. I thought Johnston used the other hand (right) to test for pulse? It would have been closer and easier to locate.

Cheers.
                          LC
                          We donīt know as such which hand he opted for. To my mind, he would have seen the left hand, leaning in over her body, whereas the right hand would have been more hidden.

But itīs anybodyīs guess.

As for the cake cachous, I donīt think that was what Stride held in her hand. There was a wide variety of sweetmeats, mildly flower-scented pastilles (violet, rose etc) that were very popular candy. And some of the witnesses call her pastilles sweetmeats specifically, which is why I think they were of this very type.

All the best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

• right

Hello Christer. Thanks.

Of course, you are right that it is guesswork. Still, if one is approaching the body from the south, the right arm will be across the body and MUCH easier to access than the left which is partly beneath her body.

Candy cachous will work fine--provided they are small enough.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              They did indeed. At most, she could have drawn up her knees into foetal position.
                              I belive that was referring to after the throat had been cut.

Comment

• Hi Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Besides, how many cachous can one hold between thumb and forefinger?
                                They only ended up there post mortem. as the hand relaxed.

But if they`re contained by some sort of package or wrapping, as these were, who know`s, a few I` say.

Comment

Working...
                                X