Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Mitre Square to Goulston Street - Some thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Hi Dave I'm not sure i follow you here ,are you saying the ripper didn't deliberately make the cuts to Eddowes eyelids and cheeks?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	xanthelasma-1296x728-slide.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	807583

He cut the eyelids indoors with a small scalpel.He required light.Too dark in Mitre Square.
    The cheeks and nose cuts denote the initial infection sites of the bacteria that caused rheumatic fever in 1887.The nose runs like a tap at first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SINUS2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	807582
    Last edited by DJA; 03-28-2023, 07:20 AM.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	xanthelasma-1296x728-slide.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	807583

He cut the eyelids indoors with a small scalpel.He required light.Too dark in Mitre Square.
      The cheeks and nose cuts denote the initial infection sites of the bacteria that caused rheumatic fever in 1887.The nose runs like a tap at first.

Click image for larger version Name:	SINUS2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	807582
      As theories go, this one is totally and utterly ridiculous. That anyone could seriously entertain this is beyond belief.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	eddowes_sketch.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	807589

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	xanthelasma-1296x728-slide.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.9 KB ID:	807583

Click image for larger version Name:	SINUS2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	807582
          How does that fit in tho with the absolute positive inquest testimony that Eddowes was killed where she was found ?

Do you disagree with such a statement from medical professionals at the time ?
          ​​​​​​​
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

How does that fit in tho with the absolute positive inquest testimony that Eddowes was killed where she was found ?

Do you disagree with such a statement from medical professionals at the time ?
            ​​​​​​​
            If she was murdered in Mitre Square proper,there would have been blood spray marks.

Comment

• Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown was then called, and deposed: I am surgeon to the City of London Police. I was called shortly after two o'clock on Sunday morning, and reached the place of the murder about twenty minutes past two. My attention was directed to the body of the deceased. It was lying in the position described by Watkins, on its back, the head turned to the left shoulder, the arms by the side of the body, as if they had fallen there. Both palms were upwards, the fingers slightly bent. A thimble was lying near. The clothes were thrown up. The bonnet was at the back of the head. There was great disfigurement of the face. The throat was cut across. Below the cut was a neckerchief. The upper part of the dress had been torn open. The body had been mutilated, and was quite warm - no rigor mortis. The crime must have been committed within half an hour, or certainly within forty minutes from the time when I saw the body. There were no stains of blood on the bricks or pavement around.
              By Mr. Crawford: There was no blood on the front of the clothes. There was not a speck of blood on the front of the jacket.​

Comment

• So you believe she was murdered elsewhere?
                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

So you believe she was murdered elsewhere?
                  She was murdered there, strangled so there was no spray.

DJA is making this into some sort of parlour game farce. Colonel mustard, mitre square, scalpel.

Comment

• 6 Mitre Street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mitre-sq-jan1887.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	807604

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

She was murdered there, strangled so there was no spray.

Yet not one medical officer at the Inquest agrees with you.

Comment

Yet not one medical officer at the Inquest agrees with you.
                        Must have missed the bit from the inquest that said surgery had been performed on her face. She'd be badly bruised on the back of the head if she'd been dragged from a building and across the flags. There'd be bruises around her ankles where she'd been gripped and dragged outside.

Credit for taking a load of totally unrelated points and joining them up to come up with something so entertaining.

Comment

• very shortly after

in the Times report quoted by Jeff Hamm in # 336 means about one and a quarter hours - not about seven months.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
                            very shortly after

in the Times report quoted by Jeff Hamm in # 336 means about one and a quarter hours - not about seven months.
                            A subjective phrase, which means different things to different people.
                            That you believe you can define what was intended is not only concerning, but highly amusing

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

A subjective phrase, which means different things to different people.
                              That you believe you can define what was intended is not only concerning, but highly amusing

Some people may find it amusing that you would suggest that anyone would use the phrase a very short time to mean a period as long as seven months.

Can you give any examples of a very short time being used in that way when referring to suspects being kept under police surveillance?

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Some people may find it amusing that you would suggest that anyone would use the phrase a very short time to mean a period as long as seven months.

Can you give any examples of a very short time being used in that way when referring to suspects being kept under police surveillance?

That you believe you can define what that phrase means is indeed amusing, it is also rather sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X