X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=FISHY1118;n784343]
    Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Oh my god , your serious arent you?

So Foster took a sketch from a sketch that was at the mortuary where the body of the person in the sketch was there? . ? Is that it ?
    Yes thats it read it again"from a sketch - taken at the mortuary" Foster copied some of Browns sketches I presume because Brwom was that good an artist

Sometime I do wonder about you sanity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Trevor Marriott;n784345]
      Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Yes thats it read it again"from a sketch - taken at the mortuary" Foster copied some of Browns sketches I presume because Brwom was that good an artist

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      And there lies the problem Trevor ,you presume too much with no proof what so ever .

Theres just no evidence, nothing at all to suggest dr brown went to the morge after he left the crime scene to drop off or make futher sketches for foster to copy.

The body of eddowes was taken there at 2.35am if brown had already taken a skecth at the crime scene which he himself turned up at 2.20 am giving only 15 mins or so to make such an elaborate sketch WHICH HAS NO DATE OR TIME ATTATCHED TO IT , why on earth would he go to the morge to make another or leave one there. .

Now as ive said befor be careful what you say, thats the second time you have insulted me ,and admin gave us a warning specificy not to partake in such actions , i will be messaging my thoughts about this matter .

'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Im, more than happy trevor to discuss the case with you and although we see things differently thats ok, as long as we dont take it the next level and start hurling insults at one another ok ? olive brance .
        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Ta! Just wondered!
          Bit more info for you

671.full.pdf
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            Hi Trevor,

I'm wondering if you, or anyone else actually, can fill me in on something. There's a line running across the top of the image, passing just above Eddowes' head, that looks like it could be a torn edge of paper and the text, that appears to have been typed, runs above it. If that's the case, then this is an image of a copy of the original sketch, and that copy has then been itemized by a clerk in the police for evidence purposes I presume.

I'm curious how they made copies of these types of items, like a hand drawn sketch, the Dear Boss letter, From Hell, etc. There weren't photocopiers, and the letters were reproduced in colour, so it wasn't photography. But it seems to capture not only the writing/drawing, but also details like the edge of the paper, and so forth. And the images appear to be of a very high resolution. I'm curious to find out how they did this, but I don't know what the process was called so I can look up the details myself to satisfy my curiosity.

If anyone can tell me how they made these that would be great, but if it's a complicated and tedious thing to describe, just the name of the process would be enough and I can look it up.

Sorry to divert from the main point.

- Jeff

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=784274&d=1649384844.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	784366

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Bit more info for you

671.full.pdf
              Thanks Dave!

Much appreciated!

Just home from the pub.

Will read and digest that tomorrow when I'm clearer headed!

Comment

[QUOTE=JeffHamm;n784365]
                Hi Trevor,

I'm wondering if you, or anyone else actually, can fill me in on something. There's a line running across the top of the image, passing just above Eddowes' head, that looks like it could be a torn edge of paper and the text, that appears to have been typed, runs above it. If that's the case, then this is an image of a copy of the original sketch, and that copy has then been itemized by a clerk in the police for evidence purposes I presume.

I'm curious how they made copies of these types of items, like a hand drawn sketch, the Dear Boss letter, From Hell, etc. There weren't photocopiers, and the letters were reproduced in colour, so it wasn't photography. But it seems to capture not only the writing/drawing, but also details like the edge of the paper, and so forth. And the images appear to be of a very high resolution. I'm curious to find out how they did this, but I don't know what the process was called so I can look up the details myself to satisfy my curiosity.

If anyone can tell me how they made these that would be great, but if it's a complicated and tedious thing to describe, just the name of the process would be enough and I can look it up.

Sorry to divert from the main point.

- Jeff

Name:	fetch?id=784274&d=1649384844.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	784366
                Hi Jeff

I dont know the answer to your specific question, I can only assume that the originals were at some point in the main police or coroners file, and what we see now are photos taken of those orginal sketches before the main files went awol.

Comment

Name:	eddowes_diagram1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	784374 Here is the original.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trevor Marriott;n784368]
                    Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Hi Jeff

I dont know the answer to your specific question, I can only assume that the originals were at some point in the main police or coroners file, and what we see now are photos taken of those orginal sketches before the main files went awol.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                    Ok, thanks Trevor. I see from Dave's post the line is a crease on a bigger piece of paper that the copy of the sketch has been put on.

I think, though, given the larger context the image is embedded in, the wording means the sketch as shown on the poster is from Foster's sketch that he made at the mortuary, not that Foster copied a sketch that was at the mortuary.

Still looking to find out how they made those copies back in 1888.

- Jeff
                    Last edited by JeffHamm; 04-10-2022, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Duplicating machines - Wikipedia

Comment

[QUOTE=JeffHamm;n784379]

Ok, thanks Trevor. I see from Dave's post the line is a crease on a bigger piece of paper that the copy of the sketch has been put on.

I think, though, given the larger context the image is embedded in, the wording means the sketch as shown on the poster is from Foster's sketch that he made at the mortuary, not that Foster copied a sketch that was at the mortuary.

Still looking to find out how they made those copies back in 1888.

- Jeff
                        Jeff
                        I stand to be corrected but I dont think Foster ever attended the mortuary he was asked to prepare for the coroner court better quality images than Browns original sketches. I think the wording on the sketches is misleading.

Comment

Perhaps Brown's drawing was way too good

Name:	eddowes-scene.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	784384

Last edited by DJA; 04-10-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                            Perhaps Brown's drawing was way too good

Click image for larger version  Name:	eddowes-scene.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	784384
                            Just to dampen your sarcasm it is still normal procedure for the authorities to use the services of a plan drawer for court purposes in major cases and it seems that in 1888 that was the procedure and Foster didnt try to replicate Browns sketch

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 04-10-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Just to dampen your sarcasm it is still normal procedure for the authorities to use the services of a plan drawer for court purposes in major cases and it seems that in 1888 that was the procedure and Foster didnt try to replicate Browns sketch and even Browns sketch is not accurate the clothes were drawn up his sketch shows they were cut completely open ]

Comment

Sarcasm,moi? Nah.

Honestly reckon Foster's sketch was more palatable for the Coroner's Court.

Not a kidney joke either

Comment

Working...
                                X