Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post
    WHERE DID SHE GET THE MONEY FOR DRINKS?

Obviously she didn't pay for a night in the casual ward, but kept it for herself?
    Enough to get drunk and imitate a siren on the streets? The boots weren't that good.
    Michael Richards

Comment

WHY NO FACIAL CUTS?

Look at the photographs of the first three victims and point out the facial cuts (excluding the neck).
      I think that part of my point, the facial cuts on Kate are a new element.
      Michael Richards

Comment

Frederick William Wilkinson deposed: I am deputy of the lodging-house at Flower and Dean-street. …………………....................................…...... .........………..............................…. I saw them having their breakfast together. ……...........................……...............…….
        By a Juryman: Kelly and the deceased were at breakfast together between ten and eleven on Saturday morning.
        I had forgotten the witness to the tea. Ok, so they had tea...but John had no boots on at the time.
        Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Enough to get drunk and imitate a siren on the streets? The boots weren't that good.
          She was probably making fun of the fire-supplies of a single cart in St. James Place.

Comment

The boots can't have been all that bad, either. They'd only just bought them at a shop in Maidstone and, whilst not top of the range or brand new, they did make 2s 6d at the pawn shop.

BTW, the story is that Eddowes imitated a fire-engine, which had bells, not sirens, in those days. Not that it matters, as no earlier source has been found for the fire-engine story than Tom Cullen's Autumn of Terror in 1965.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I am not trying to save her reputation here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                The boots can't have been all that bad, either. They'd only just bought them at a shop in Maidstone and, whilst not top of the range or brand new, they did make 2s 6d at the pawn shop.

BTW, the story is that Eddowes imitated a fire-engine, which had bells, not sirens, in those days. Not that it matters, as no earlier source has been found for the fire-engine story than Tom Cullen's Autumn of Terror in 1965.
                If Kate was not doing a fire engine impression, perhaps she was just sitting on the pavement rambling away and asking passers-by for money/spare change and chucking comical insults at those who ignored her as they walked by. She could have amassed enough for a baked tattie and a large gin or two by the time the police arrived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post

If Kate was not doing a fire engine impression, perhaps she was just sitting on the pavement rambling away and asking passers-by for money/spare change and chucking comical insults at those who ignored her as they walked by. She could have amassed enough for a baked tattie and a large gin or two by the time the police arrived.
                  Good point, BB. People often overlook begging as an option, but begging has probably been with us since the dawn of humanity.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• If Kate was behaving in that manner she was either A) already drunk, or B) an actor. I don't believe anyone wants to bring possible stage experience into this discussion, so if we go with A, then where did that money come from? I believe the only answer we have based on what is known about her circumstances at that time, is that someone must have paid for her drinks. Why would someone do that? Close friend maybe...then why didn't they come forward? Family..nope. Lucky at cards...who knows, but not very probable I think. If she had money that afternoon, then why didn't she get Johns boots back out?
                    Michael Richards

Comment

If Kate was behaving in that manner she was either A) already drunk, or B) an actor. I don't believe anyone wants to bring possible stage experience into this discussion, so if we go with A, then where did that money come from? I believe the only answer we have based on what is known about her circumstances at that time, is that someone must have paid for her drinks. Why would someone do that? Close friend maybe...then why didn't they come forward? Family..nope. Lucky at cards...who knows, but not very probable I think. If she had money that afternoon, then why didn't she get Johns boots back out?
                      It is quite possible that Kate had her drinks paid for by a friend, but what would that friend fear by coming forward? A complete stranger may not be too bothered, but in the circumstances, they too should have talked to the Police. Surly some of the pubs in the area saw Kate at their bar during the course of the day or evening. Or maybe she was just by herself walking about the area and had a half bottle stuffed in her skirts. That would make sense if no-one bought her drinks or she was not noticed in any of the pubs purchasing alcohol.

And why would she want to get Johns' boots out? She left his boots at the Pawn shop because she didn't want John following her and seeing what she was up to, or going to get up to.

Comment

I think that part of my point, the facial cuts on Kate are a new element.
                        There seems to be a lot of anger demonstrated in her mutilation and it was all done quickly.

Comment

It is quite possible that Kate had her drinks paid for by a friend, but what would that friend fear by coming forward?
                          If she told that friend she came home from hopping to claim the reward for giving information, that friend may have thought allowing her to get drunk gave her the false-confidence to try to blackmail which led to her murder.

That doesn't mean she WAS trying to blackmail, nor that she had the right suspect in mind.
                          She may have told her killer that she suspected someone (not giving away the name) which made him think of her as a nosey b#@%, causing him to mutilate her face before he did the rest.

He had very little time before the policeman came back, and just the abdominal mutilation would have been sufficient enough to leave his signature.

Comment

• She may have told her killer that she suspected someone (not giving away the name) which made him think of her as a nosey b#@%, causing him to mutilate her face before he did the rest.
                            Quite. I reckon that's what Kate was saying to her killer at the entrance to Church passage:" It's alright matey, I think I know who the Ripper is, you'll be safe" or words to that effect indicating she was not scared, whilst giving him a prod in his chest. Down the passage they walk and the rest is history. She couldn't have very drunk, as Lawende and Co didn't hear what they were actually talking about and they mentioned nothing about her staggering as if she was drunk. Perhaps "happy".

Comment

[B] Perhaps "happy".
                              and then Jack cured her hangover!

Comment

• The woman and man seen by Lawende and co were apparently standing by Church Passage, so it would have been difficult for them to observe any staggering on the woman's part.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X