Kate's Last Half Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    I think that the chances that Kate knew, or even thought she knew, the Whitechapel Murderer are next to nil. We have ony one source that says she did and, even if the story is true - which I doubt - then "I think I know him" was quite likely a mere jest.
    Agreed!
    Everyone and their dog "thought they knew him".
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

You mean like "I came back from hopping to blackmail the pathologist who murdered Nichols and Chapman for trying to blackmail him.
      You'd know the guy,he is the protege and partner of the Queen's doctor.
      His son in law is the top shrink at Bedlam."

Nah
      You wouldn't be pushing some kind of theory would you?
      Nah!

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Prefer "working hypothesis".

Damn sight more sensible than the garbage that has been spruiked for decades.
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Agreed!
          Statler and Waldorf Classic Compilation Awesome - YouTube

Comment

• Seems as if Kate was getting all hot and bothered about having the reward money in her hands, that she would even name her own dad . Well I certainly don't think she really knew who the killer was and neither did those at the top, who were doing just as what we are today- banding names and theories about like there's no tomorrow. How well were these named suspects investigated before they were tossed on the free to go pile?

Comment

• I have absolutely no doubt that Jack's identity was known,especially to Abberline and Major Henry Smith who were part of a conspiracy to ensure that he was not caught.

Who is "we"?
              I've spent a decade on this.
              Yourself?

Comment

• Dave, have you ever corresponded with Nick Connell about Sutton?

Comment

• No,however he is an excellent researcher and author.

He shares my interests in Transactional Analysis and Jack the Ripper.

Comment

• I m also of the belief that certainly detective Abberline new the identity of jtr, but for a few other reasons also . Im curious as to what conspiracy your implying tho DJA ?
                    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Agreed!
                      PALL MAL;L GAZETTE 2 OCTOBER:
                      'Mr Mathews is opposed to the offer of blood money, REWARDS DID MORE HARM THAN GOOD"!!!!!!!!' (MY CAPS)

Comment

• NOBODY KNEW THE IDENTITY OF JACK THE RIPPER!

Nobody was trying to blackmail anyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                          I m also of the belief that certainly detective Abberline new the identity of jtr, but for a few other reasons also . Im curious as to what conspiracy your implying tho DJA ?
                          Few reasons myself.

The Cleveland Street scandal illustrated how good he was at following orders from above by not catching Lord Somerset.

Mary Ann Nichols was the first victim.She was murdered in the early hours of 31 August.
                          Inspector First Class Abberline of Scotland Yard was assigned to the case and turned up at the inquest the very next day.
                          Very fishy

If he hadn't solved the case after Eddowes' murder,he should have after Mary Ann Kelly's.

Both cases involved homosexuality and in Kelly's case worse.

Look at the list of people who stand out by not getting married,not having offspring or had dubious reputations for the time.
                          Henry Matthews tops my list. Abberline is on it.
                          Henry Gawen Sutton's wife gave him three daughters.

Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Few reasons myself.

The Cleveland Street scandal illustrated how good he was at following orders from above by not catching Lord Somerset.

Mary Ann Nichols was the first victim.She was murdered in the early hours of 31 August.
                            Inspector First Class Abberline of Scotland Yard was assigned to the case and turned up at the inquest the very next day.
                            Very fishy

If he hadn't solved the case after Eddowes' murder,he should have after Mary Ann Kelly's.

Both cases involved homosexuality and in Kelly's case worse.

Look at the list of people who stand out by not getting married,not having offspring or had dubious reputations for the time.
                            Henry Matthews tops my list. Abberline is on it.
                            Henry Gawen Sutton's wife gave him three daughters.

Meh.
                            ABBERLINE:
                            On the 31st August 1888, following the murder of Mary Ann “Polly” Nichols in Bucks Row, Scotland Yard SECONDED AN EXPERIENCED OFFICER to J Division, Bethnal Green to lead the GROUND INVESTIGATION into the Whitechapel Murders. Just over a week later, after the murder of Annie Chapman in Hanbury Street he would also be seconded to H Division DUE TO HIS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE AREA.

He was sent to observe Polly's inquest!

NOTHING FISHY ABOUT THAT!
                            and this should be started in it's own thread titled INSPECTOR FREDERICK ABBERLINE! I HATE CONSPIRACY THEORIES!
                            Inspector Frederick Abberline

Comment

• put this on it too:
                              EMMA BEAMONT ABBERLINE: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/emma-...ne/4005-62952/

Comment

• ABBERLINE WAS MARRIED TWICE:

O
                                nce in March 1868 to 25-year-old Martha Mackness, the daughter of a labourer, from Elton, Northamptonshire; she died of tuberculosis two months after the marriage. On 17 December 1876, over a decade before the Ripper murders, Abberline married 32-year-old Emma Beament, the daughter of a merchant, from Hoxton New Town, Shoreditch. Although they had no children, there is no credible evidence that the couple were unhappy, and the marriage lasted until Frederick’s death over 50 years later. On his retirement from the Pinkerton Detective Agency in 1904 Abberline retired to Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X