X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• europepmc.org/article/PMC/2150513

Case 2 is Eddowes/Conway.

Case 7 is Nichols.

They caught up in Thrawl Street when Eddowes was caring for her sister.
    Nichols moved next door to Eddowes.
    Eddowes went hopping.
    Nichols was murdered near London Hospital.
    Eddowes returned seeking a reward.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flower and Dean.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	751986
    Last edited by DJA; 02-28-2021, 11:16 AM.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Too late to edit.

Chapman was at 35 Dorset,not 36.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dorset St 1895 high quality 01.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	751968 38,35 and that's prolly John McCarthy's carriage out side 26.
      Dave, any idea when this photograph was taken? Also isn't that a barrow, not a carriage?

Comment

• If the victims knew each other how come when the big news of their deaths came nobody (the future victims) told their fellow lodgers,partners or friends about their "dead friend/acquaintance" or gossip about it.They did not know each other,it strongly seems like.
        Last edited by Varqm; 02-28-2021, 09:47 PM.
        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
        M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

Dave, any idea when this photograph was taken? Also isn't that a barrow, not a carriage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
            If the victims knew each other how come when the big news of their deaths came nobody (the future victims) told their fellow lodgers,partners or friends about their "dead friend/acquaintance" or gossip about it.They did not know each other,it strongly seems like.
            Ever consider they were blackmailing Jack the Ripper ?

Comment

Ever consider they were blackmailing Jack the Ripper ?
              No.There is no snippet of it from partners or friends .They were broke a lot and there was no money coming in.That Jack knew one or a couple of them is more believable.
              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
              M. Pacana

Comment

No.There is no snippet of it from partners or friends .They were broke a lot and there was no money coming in.That Jack knew one or a couple of them is more believable.
                They may not of known each other personally, but I do believe they had the same thing in common, which was all of their connection to Jack.

As DJA mentions, possibly blackmail for something.

If it is money that they are trying to gain, who would advertise that they are likely to come in to alot of money, MJK was heavily in debt as an example, the others probably owe someone something; possibly get the money and run.
                "Seek the absence of the normal, and find the presence of the abnormal"

Comment

Im not aboard a 5 woman conspiracy plot myself at this point in time, but I do agree with the idea that blackmail was likely involved in at least Kates murder roots.

Perhaps the real truth involves several of the possible avenues presently identified. Combined. Some Fenian connected man that Kate knew of when her social circle was Irish...(lets not forget her prominent tattoo, Conway obviously influenced her greatly), that had a penchant for violence and cold hearted behaviour..maybe a local bomber,... (and Mitre Square did at one time house dynamite for such people and movements)...he gets wind of Kate spouting off about turning in someone who she thinks is killing these women recently..something he may or may not be guilty of, but any police exposure would be dangerous for him, ...and the Senior men from counter espionage, intelligence gathering, management of spies and agents, (people powerful enough to know of intelligence suggesting catastrophic actions, and actually decide whether to act or not, notify or not.. even when the Queen herself is possibly in grave danger), are in a conundrum having ties themselves to some of the Irish movements most dangerous men.

Stories dont match, because there was no "conspiracy" plot..they just had to protect themselves, and perhaps in some cases, the nefarious men in their view.

Thats a loose fictional idea, based on facts. There needs to be a story, to believe otherwise is naive.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Homosexuals were an easier target after the Labouchere Amendment to the Criminal Law Amendment Act of 1885.

It was a long road to that Act.

Remember Mary Kelly worked at a GAY house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

1895, Scott.

That was the year John McCarthy’s younger brother, Daniel died at no. 36. I suspect the sheets over the window of 36 may have some connection to his passing.

His widow, Annie - William Crossingham’s daughter by his first wife - would subsequently acquire a minder named Billy Maher who, among numerous other escapades, attacked Annie’s stepmother, Margaret (née Sullivan), stabbing her in the face and the side.

On another occasion, when a customer disrespected Annie and drew a knife on Billy, Billy shot the man in the cheek.

Then there was the time he ‘accidentally’ stabbed Black Jack Stevens, a promising young boxer, to death at a Kentish hop farm.

A very interesting chap!
                      Last edited by MrBarnett; 03-01-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

1895, Scott.

That was the year John McCarthy’s younger brother, Daniel died at no. 36. I suspect the sheets over the window of 36 may have some connection to his passing.

His widow, Annie - William Crosdingham’s daughter by his first wife - would subsequently acquire a minder named Billy Maher who, among numerous other escapades, attacked Annie’s stepmother, Margaret (née Sullivan), stabbing her in the face and the side.

On another occasion, when a customer disrespected Annie and drew a knife on Billy, Billy shot the man in the cheek.

Then there was the time he ‘accidentally’ stabbed Black Jack Stevens, a promising young boxer, to death at a Kentish hop farm.

A very interesting chap!
                        Sorry, I see Dave has already answered the date question, but Billy M is always worth a mention. And if the sheet over the windows is in connection with the mourning of Danny Mac’s death, then the photo was taken in August, 1895.

Comment

Homosexuals were an easier target after the Labouchere Amendment to the Criminal Law Amendment Act of 1885.

It was a long road to that Act.

Remember Mary Kelly worked at a GAY house.
                          And what did GAY mean at that time?

Comment

Needless to say men that attended all male bath houses would be considered as such, but not referred to as such. The use of the word gay for homosexual and the acceptance of it is certainly new.

Its remarkable how backward we still were at the beginning of the 20th century.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

Homosexual communities tended to use terms like gay at that time .
                              Same thing here in Melbourne. Gay coffee shops denoted homosexual establishments and there were several.
                              One was rebuilt as a hotel that was popular with Prime Ministers,yet retained a sophisticated gay bar until the whole shebang was demolished in 1989 and rebuilt again as a Novotel hotel.

Comment

Homosexual communities tended to use terms like gay at that time .
                                Same thing here in Melbourne. Gay coffee shops denoted homosexual establishments and there were several.
                                One was rebuilt as a hotel that was popular with Prime Ministers,yet retained a sophisticated gay bar until the whole shebang was demolished in 1989 and rebuilt again as a Novotel hotel.
                                I believe the word Gay was probably not used much in that fashion, dja, and not broadly accepted with its current definition. The word was used with the definition it was intended to have, "carefree/cheerful" eg.,... it did not have immediate or broad acceptance as a euphemism for homosexual until the 20th century.
                                Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X