X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Try reading the last sentence.

Sorry Dave, I did,
    The whole comment is from Smith, I consider anything he reports to be questionable.
    The last sentence by the way, in no way supports that the vessels were attached.

Steve

Comment

• East London Observer, Oct 6:

"I am not the Murderer."

But Mrs. Lindsay, of Duke-street, who is also corroborated by her husband, and Miss Solomon, of the same street, gives an account of an extraordinary incident, stating, as she does, that she was awakened during the night by hearing voices in the street below, and on looking out of the window heard the words distinctly uttered by a man who carried an umbrella and a parcel, and who was rapidly hurrying away "I am not the murderer."

As he said, he was not the murderer. He just held the candle, and watched the operation.
      Andrew's the man, that is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post
        East London Observer, Oct 6:

"I am not the Murderer."

But Mrs. Lindsay, of Duke-street, who is also corroborated by her husband, and Miss Solomon, of the same street, gives an account of an extraordinary incident, stating, as she does, that she was awakened during the night by hearing voices in the street below, and on looking out of the window heard the words distinctly uttered by a man who carried an umbrella and a parcel, and who was rapidly hurrying away "I am not the murderer."

As he said, he was not the murderer. He just held the candle, and watched the operation.
        Is there anymore on this in a forum or the casebook?
        "Seek the absence of the normal, and find the presence of the abnormal"

Comment

• Originally posted by Juniper4576 View Post

Is there anymore on this in a forum or the casebook?
          Hi Juniper4576,

That incident has been mentioned a few times, but it will be scattered about, showing up in different threads and topics. After Eddowes' was found in Mitre Square, there was a lot of police activity in the area checking people in the area. Without anything more to go on, odds are this is simply one of those random checks. I can't recall if there's a specific time associated with this story to try and place it in the temporal sequence of events, but it would be after Eddowes was found. Certainly, a man with an umbrella would not be unusual, given we also know it had rained quite heavily for a period time of time around 1:30.

NBFN indicates the newspaper and date where the story can be found, which is a really good habit to get into. You can find a lot of the newspaper stories archived here on Casebook, so I would suggest you start with that if you're interested.

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Hi Juniper4576,

That incident has been mentioned a few times, but it will be scattered about, showing up in different threads and topics. After Eddowes' was found in Mitre Square, there was a lot of police activity in the area checking people in the area. Without anything more to go on, odds are this is simply one of those random checks. I can't recall if there's a specific time associated with this story to try and place it in the temporal sequence of events, but it would be after Eddowes was found. Certainly, a man with an umbrella would not be unusual, given we also know it had rained quite heavily for a period time of time around 1:30.

NBFN indicates the newspaper and date where the story can be found, which is a really good habit to get into. You can find a lot of the newspaper stories archived here on Casebook, so I would suggest you start with that if you're interested.

- Jeff
            Cheers Jeff, I sure will
            "Seek the absence of the normal, and find the presence of the abnormal"

Comment

• Gavin Bromley mentions it in one of his Mitre Square articles, but appears to attach no major significance to it.

Comment

Working...
              X