No announcement yet.

Richardson's View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A groundswell amongst those who attended Richard Mansfield's portrayal of Edward Hyde, and dare I say Henry G Kill,was beginning to associate him with Jack the Ripper.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      The Coroner: There are two things missing. Her rings had been wrenched from her fingers and have not been found, and the uterus has been removed. The body has not been dissected, but the injuries have been made by some one who had considerable anatomical skill and knowledge. There are no meaningless cuts. It was done by one who knew where to find what he wanted, what difficulties he would have to contend against, and how he should use his knife, so as to abstract the organ without injury to it. No unskilled person could have known where to find it, or have recognised it when it was found. For instance, no mere slaughterer of animals could have carried out these operations. It must have been some one accustomed to the post-mortem room.
      You were doing fine until your finish, which is a suggestion that is not determined by the evidence itself, but rather your choice of suspect.

Michael Richards

Comment

• It is actually the finding of the Coroner in his summation based on Dr Phillip's expert testimony.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

I will get back to this topic in a little while.
          For now, perhaps ponder the following...

John Davies:

The house faces Hanbury-street, with one window on the ground floor and a front door at the side leading into a passage which runs through into the yard. There is a back door at the end of this passage opening into the yard. Neither of the doors was able to be locked, and I have never seen them locked. Any one who knows where the latch of the front door is could open it and go along the passage into the back yard.

The front street door was wide open and thrown against the wall. I was not surprised to find the front door open, as it was not unusual. I opened the back door, and stood in the entrance.

So neither the front or back doors can be locked, but the front door can be latched.
          However, there is a bit of a trick to unlatching it - one has to know where the latch is.
          Who knew the trick - Jack or Annie - or was the door 'wide open and thrown against the wall', when they arrived?

Does this state of affairs with the doors, give the impression that Mrs Richardson was concerned about the appearance of having strangers enter the house for sex?
          Why didn't she have a lock put on the front door, as she did with the cellar door?
          Was the the security of the cellar of greater concern to her than that of the house?
          Besides, the front door is the only practical way to get to the cellar - sorting out the front door would have "killed two birds with one stone".
          Or would it have killed the business instead?
          Neither of the doors was able to be locked, and I have never seen them locked. Any one who knows where the latch of the front door is could open it and go along the passage into the back yard.
          Which means the door didn't fit snugly into the frame. All you'd need to do would be to run a blade up from the bottom to lift it and get into the house. Now someone knew that. Was it Annie or was it Jack?
          Also this is the first of two occasions where the latch was how you'd get in as long as you knew the secret. The latch on Kelley's room was easy-to-access as well. In that case she'd lost the key. So used the latch to look like the door was locked. It's certainly possible her killer knew that and knew how to get into the room.

Comment

• You are confusing a cabin hook with a latch bolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chava View Post

Which means the door didn't fit snugly into the frame. All you'd need to do would be to run a blade up from the bottom to lift it and get into the house. Now someone knew that. Was it Annie or was it Jack?
              Have you fully considered what you're suggesting here?
              The front door wasn't permanently left open. When closed, did the residents of the house get inside by whipping out a knife, and then run the blade up the edge of the door?
              Did Annie carry around a knife, which Jack must therefore have taken away with him?
              Or if it were Jack, can you imagine what Annie would have thought?...

Annie: Oh bugger, I can't open it. Last time I was here the door was wide open.
              Jack: Stand back love, I know a little trick...
              Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Bobby Darin - Mack the Knife (Live 1970) - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

Have you fully considered what you're suggesting here?
                  The front door wasn't permanently left open. When closed, did the residents of the house get inside by whipping out a knife, and then run the blade up the edge of the door?
                  Did Annie carry around a knife, which Jack must therefore have taken away with him?
                  Or if it were Jack, can you imagine what Annie would have thought?...

Annie: Oh bugger, I can't open it. Last time I was here the door was wide open.
                  Jack: Stand back love, I know a little trick...
                  Yeah I understand your point. However if it was a latch, that still suggests it looked locked from the outside. How did people get in? And Annie had a comb which would have worked just as well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-4_Mateika_Street,_Lviv_(06).jpg
Views:	224
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	743527

Comment

• That? Is a door handle. Not what I'd call a latch. Maybe what's meant is what I'd call a snack. If it's up then the door looks closed but is not locked.

Comment

• The latch bolt is operated by the handle.
                        The key locks it in place.

13 Millers Court's looked different and incorporated a button inside that could either keep the latch open (off the latch) or closed.
                        Grew up with similar as a child.If Mum was out when I came home,it was just a matter of sliding a sheet of paper under the door and jiggling the key out of the lock

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

The latch bolt is operated by the handle.
                          The key locks it in place.
                          How does that jibe with what what Davies said?...

Neither of the doors was able to be locked, and I have never seen them locked.

Was the lock broken, perhaps? What about the back door - broken too?
                          How do non-residents know the little trick to get into the place?
                          Was it commonplace for rented houses in the area to have strange men and women entering them to have sex, 24/7?

The impression one gets with 29 Hanbury St, is that it was an open house - literally.
                          The open front door makes for easy and discrete ingress - perfect for Jack.
                          The packing business is so slack that the basement is going unused.
                          However, it still needs to be paid for.
                          Did Amelia Richardson find a way to justify staying at the address?

For anyone who doubts what I'm suggesting, please explain the enigma of a daytime murder and rip...

Comment

• Try reading the Inquest.

A number of us are tired of your stupid posts.

Comment

• A number of us ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dinosaur_herd_by_airt-d34v209.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	743565

Comment

• Nah.

That's most of the people here.

Comment

Working...
                                X