This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Right, but Dundas did service Mr Stewart's watch, and Dundas did say he very rarely serviced Verity watches. He still couldn't remember either of the Verity watches having inscriptions though, or he would have said as much
    No, Dundas may have got more than one of Mr Murphy's watches going, but if Dundas didn't remember the large ornate JO inscribed on the back cover of the Maybrick watch, or the clear H 9/3 inside it [engraved after the Jack/Maybrick scratch marks], and then described another watch entirely when asked about it, I'd say he had no chance at all of identifying and remembering a few barely visible scratch marks as 'inscriptions', and was even less observant than someone whose chosen pseudonym is Observer.

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

At last. I always believed you thought that Maybrick was JTR
      Eh? Because I pointed out that someone was very good at making JM's signature look like JM's signature?

That's just a fact, Observer. It's not up for debate.

Keep up.

Love,

Caz
      X

Comment

Yes I have and there are spelling mistakes

Read postings from Ike? Are you serious?
        I meant the images Ike posted of Mike Barrett's handwritten work. None so blind, eh, Observer?

I believe you'd look quite attractive in a darkened room
        I'll take that as a compliment. I'd like to look attractive anywhere these days.

Love,

Caz
        X

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Ike,

I hope you’re not having lunch with Jane Mansfield. (See Derek and Clive)

Gary
          Hi Gary,

Quite honestly, during lockdown, I've had to turn my hand to various jobs to keep the wolves from the door. If it wasn't for people with Jane's unfortunate condition, I probably wouldn't be having lunch at all today.

Not moaning or anything. Just glad to still have a job. Lunch isn't quite what it was pre-lockdown, but I can't complain too much.

PS For those currently eating lunch, my apologies for the gratuitous scatological allusions. If it makes you feel less queasy, I am of course making it up.

Regards,

Ike
          Iconoclast
          Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
            All I know is that whoever scratched JM's signature in it was very good at scratching JM's signature in it.
            So are you suggesting that a forger was incapable of randomly guessing more or less precisely the Maybrick signature found in his marriage certificate, Caz?
            Iconoclast

Comment

• Ohhh. I can't wait for 2pm (UK time) for the big announcement!! Do i decorate a tree...a scarecrow!! what...I'm Australian.. what's the custom??!!

Comment

• On the subject of lunch, BBC News has an article today reporting that Greggs the Bakers have sales at about 72% of this time last year so they consider that a great success.

From their perspective, yes, but - honestly - is that what we were all waiting patiently for in our locked-down homes for over three months? A sausage roll and a mince pie?

Sad but true.

Suddenly my own lunch habits seem quite virtuous ...

Ike
                Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  Ohhh. I can't wait for 2pm (UK time) for the big announcement!! Do i decorate a tree...a scarecrow!! what...I'm Australian.. what's the custom??!!
                  Erm, get pissed I think, Ven. How are you and your fellow antipodeans on the guzzling large quantities of beer game?
                  Iconoclast

Comment

• No Ike, Kike ikikee, whatever your name is now. I'm a whisky drinker... no taste for beer (does that make me un-Australian?).. we have to create some sort of Annual memorial.. tree... pumpkin... kangaroo pelt??!!

Comment

It's pointless, I can only think he had a taste of that fluorescent trifle you dish out at tea time before he would do so.
                      And yet it's what Mr Murphy is down on the record as saying.

What's pointless is you trying to erase that record without so much as a smidgen of jeweller's rouge. But do keep trying anyway.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

• Hey, I've been working from home since March... with 6 school/uni kids and working wife... give me an AUGUST 1st celebration kit!!! please

Comment

• I don't care who's side you're on Caz... just love the posts... keep them up! a DAiry supporter or not? hmmmm BTW are you single?

Comment

• LOL Joking...don't respond please

Comment

• I think we should have a street party.

Caz can bring the sprouts; Ike can bring the wit; and I’ll bring the blanket:

Oh, and we may need a bit of humble pie - just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

So are you suggesting that a forger was incapable of randomly guessing more or less precisely the Maybrick signature found in his marriage certificate, Caz?
                                Not at all, Ike. If Lord Orsam and his Siamese twin the Baron can argue with straight faces and twirling moustaches that Anne Graham could have multiple personality disorder, to explain why the diary handwriting looks no more like hers than it does JM's, then I think I'm entitled to argue that Robbie Johnson may have had the gift of 'tuning in' to the deceased, to discern how Jim formed his signature on the marriage licence - also known as a marriage allegation I believe, for those who needed to get hitched in a hurry and avoid all the faff. Didn't young Bobo arrive eight months later? The certificate would presumably have come after the ceremony, when the newlyweds were about to tuck into their wedding breakies of LOBSTER and bubbly. I can hear Robbie now, with his Cherry Ripe from Night of the Demon, as he prepares to let Sir Jim take over control of his etching tool.

The irony is never far from the surface, is it? Everyone [including me] pooh-poohed Anna Koren's analysis that the diary author had the same mulitiple personality disorder which Anne Graham is now alleged to suffer from.

Is it a mere coincidence that the same people who have fallen hook, line and sinker for Bongo Barrett's nonsense are also likely to fall hook, line and sinker for LOBSTER?

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X