This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that Cross has been proven innocent, but if we were to randomly pick a man from the census record who lived in Whitechapel and was in his 20's or 30's at the time of the murders, chances are we wouldn't be able to prove that man innocent either.
    Hi Lewis, I wish I was as sure of winning the Lotto at the weekend as I am of Lechmere's innocence. If he is guilty then it certainly is not for the reasons Christer et al have mentioned because everyone one of their 'red flags' have been severely debunked to the point they are just making up stuff now. I mean they did then but it's got desperate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Hi Lewis, I wish I was as sure of winning the Lotto at the weekend as I am of Lechmere's innocence. If he is guilty then it certainly is not for the reasons Christer et al have mentioned because everyone one of their 'red flags' have been severely debunked to the point they are just making up stuff now. I mean they did then but it's got desperate.
      Hi Geddy,

I wouldn't have used the Lotto example, because every Ripper suspect is much more likely to be innocent than you are to win the lottery. I think of it this way. Cross can't be proven innocent, it's just that there's almost no good reason to think he's guilty. I'd say there are only 4 people who have been named as Ripper suspects that can be proven innocent: Ostrog, Cream, Van Gogh, and Prince Albert Victor.

Comment

• Cross has no more going for him as a suspect than Hutchinson or Richardson. The only thing that he has that they don’t have is a fan club.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

There is of course the Tiger if you listen to Ed, the tiger is vital in proving one's guilt.
          The tiger escape is a new level of barrel scraping. Charles Lechmere wasn't a participant and almost certainly wasn't a witness. He was just one of about 3 million people living in London at the time.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Tiger?
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Tiger?
              It's one of Ed's House of Tenuous Links videos where, if I remember correctly a tiger escaped in the area when Cross was a kid and this could have influenced him to become Jack The Ripper.

You’ll never look at these creatures the same way again thanks to the latest episode of The List Show.

Comment

• The latest defence is a twist on one of the most used defences for guilt. We now have 'Lechmere was found alone with a freshly killed victim.'

Ok fair enough. We obviously have two points of bias here from Team Lechmere -

i) Found alone

ii) Freshly killed

I keep going over and over this statement and try to think of how it came about. However, and this is what I'm suggesting here. Was it more in line with the evidence that Cross 'found' Paul in Bucks Row?

Thoughts?

Comment

It's one of Ed's House of Tenuous Links videos where, if I remember correctly a tiger escaped in the area when Cross was a kid and this could have influenced him to become Jack The Ripper.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/bizarre-animal-facts
                  God i needed the laugh this morning! Reminded me of that funny scene from the movie "Apocalypse Now" where the chief is spooked by the tiger, freaks out, runs back to the boat, and starts saying "bye tiger bye tiger".
                  Hillarious, same as the idea of Cross as a suspect in the murders.
                  " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
                  Sherlock Holmes
                  ​​​​​

Comment

https://www.mentalfloss.com/posts/bizarre-animal-facts
                    Game over then Geddy.

So do we all move on to Bible John, the A6 or the Zodiac?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Game over then Geddy.

So do we all move on to Bible John, the A6 or the Zodiac?
                      I'm scared to, in case I find lay lines, astronomical star patterns or animals of the kind that influence people..

Comment

• Agreed Geddy, i will stick to Whitechapel. Spent half of yesterday in the backyard of 27 n 29 Hanbury...more esp. that fence.
                        " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
                        Sherlock Holmes
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Tiger?
                          In 1857 a tiger escaped from a crate and grabbed a young boy. Charles Jamrach, the owner, managed to free the child.

The Lechmere "tie in" is that 3 decades later Charles Lechmere's children started attending school near the site.

No, you can't make this stuff up. HoL has descended into self-parody.
                          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

In 1857 a tiger escaped from a crate and grabbed a young boy. Charles Jamrach, the owner, managed to free the child.

The Lechmere "tie in" is that 3 decades later Charles Lechmere's children started attending school near the site.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

In 1857 a tiger escaped from a crate and grabbed a young boy.
                              Oh no. Not the cat's meat again.

Comment

Don't forget the bagels I hear you say!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X