Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

If Lechmere was the killer of Nichols why wasn't he covered in blood and where was his blood stained knife?
    This very point was discussed in the documentary Jack The Ripper : The Missing Evidence.

If Nichols was strangled to death first there is no blood pressure and no spurting arteries etc. Her killer wouldn’t be covered in blood.

In terms of the knife I suspect he put it in his pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

If he had blood on his hands, or was afraid that he might have blood on his hands, why would he touch the shoulder of the first passing pedestrian, risking transferring blood onto the witness's clothing?
      He would not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperShodan View Post

This very point was discussed in the documentary Jack The Ripper : The Missing Evidence.

If Nichols was strangled to death first there is no blood pressure and no spurting arteries etc. Her killer wouldn’t be covered in blood.

How very convenient for the Lechmere believers. But in actual fact bullshit.

Comment

Actually the time gap was established by the coroner at the inquest. Lechmere leaves Doveton Street at 03.30 and found in Bucks Row at 03.45 = time gap. You have to cut this from 15 minutes to 7 minutes for a time gap to disappear.
          Lechmere said that he left ‘about’ 3.30.

Baxter said that Nichols was killed prior to 3.45.

These are not specific times but you are treating them as if they are.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

No blood on his hands?
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

No blood on his hands?
              Nope. He wiped them off on Robert Paul's shoulder.

Comment

Hold the phone.

The street is 'always' deserted, and yet Nichols is patiently soliciting at the gateway?

You don't see a flaw in your reasoning?

Why would she solicit in a deserted street at 3.30 a.m. when the heavily traveled Whitechapel Road--known for prostitution--is immediately to her south?

Is a man selling ice cream going to drive his ice cream truck on the boardwalk and through the city park, where people can be found, or is he going to try and sell it in an empty back street, hoping someone will accidently pass by?

Your theory should at least take into account how street prostitution worked and still works. The women solicit in well-known and well-lighted areas where they can be easily found by the punters.

They then lead them back to quiet dark corners. In your scenario, you've placed the cart before the horse.

And why would Nichols solicit in front of the gate, unless the gate was unlocked?

The unlikeliness of this scenario is why Fisherman once theorized that Nichols was led into Buck's Row by another punter, who just happened to leave the scene before CAL's arrival.

But this is exactly what most of the critics also believe. Only the punter was 'Jack the Ripper' and he left Nichols dead on the pavement.

It was late, she was desperate, she couldn’t use a main thoroughfare like Whitechapel High Street so she was taking a chance on the next street up.

It was quiet, it was 03.30, but it was still her best bet to hang around and proposition anyone who walked along. There were of course a few night shift workers around and who knows she might get some business. Perhaps she was walking a circuit and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don’t see an issue with being in a quiet spot and soliciting, they’re not mutually exclusive. I disagree that street prostitution takes place in well lit and busy areas.

Comment

No less preposterous than much of what has been said on this thread.

Comment

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

No blood on his hands?
                      Nobody checked his hands. To my knowledge he didn’t shake hands with either Paul or Mizen. Neither of whom examined him.

Comment

It was late, she was desperate, she couldn’t use a main thoroughfare like Whitechapel High Street so she was taking a chance on the next street up.

It was quiet, it was 03.30, but it was still her best bet to hang around and proposition anyone who walked along. There were of course a few night shift workers around and who knows she might get some business. Perhaps she was walking a circuit and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don’t see an issue with being in a quiet spot and soliciting, they’re not mutually exclusive. I disagree that street prostitution takes place in well lit and busy areas.
                        Ok, I’ll be the one to ask…

Why wouldn’t she have been able to use the main thoroughfare?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Nobody checked his hands. To my knowledge he didn’t shake hands with either Paul or Mizen. Neither of whom examined him.
                          Exactly, so hanging round to wait for Paul to arrive, when he couldn’t fail to have known that a search for a Constable would follow, would have been a pretty suicidal thing to have done. How could he possibly have explained having blood on his hands simply from walking from home to Bucks Row?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Since the victim before, Martha, and the victim after, Annie, more than likely led the killer to a quiet spot for soliciting. In my opinion it is by no means beyond the bounds of possibility that Polly picked Jack up off the Whitechapel Rd and led him to what she believed to be a quiet spot.
                            Regards Darryl

Comment

Ok, I’ll be the one to ask…

Why wouldn’t she have been able to use the main thoroughfare?
                              Same as modern times. The answer is very obviously Police attention. If you are soliciting you cant do it on Main Street. She would need to stick to back streets.

Comment

Same as modern times. The answer is very obviously Police attention. If you are soliciting you cant do it on Main Street. She would need to stick to back streets.
                                Polly was desperate she had no money for a bed and she was drunk. The last witness to see her alive was Emily Holland who she told she would earn her doss money again. Emily last saw Polly walking east down Whitechapel rd. I don't think more of a Police presence would deter her. I think it is more likely she would head towards a place where she is more likely to pick someone up.
                                Regards Darryl

Comment

Working...
                                X