Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    That will have to stand for you, Monty. The fact remains that I said in my earlier post that I do not know of any serialist that frequently masturbated in public.

Then you tried to be smart and pointed out Dahmer and Shawcross - as examples of people who frequently masturbated in public. And you jestingly apologized for having supplied two men when I asked for only one.

And now, when the time for you to apologize for your mistake has arrived, you choose to make a suggestion that I would think masturbation in public an acceptable behaviour...?

Why would I? I don´t even think undressing in public is acceptable, Monty.

The best,
    Fisherman
    No, I never mentioned you at all Christer, I find it insulting that you suggested it, as well as your personal attack upon me.

You have reminded me why I no longer engage in debate here.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      No, I never mentioned you at all Christer, I find it insulting that you suggested it, as well as your personal attack upon me.

You have reminded me why I no longer engage in debate here.

Monty
      Oh, so now I am to blame for your not reading what I say before you answer it incorrectly?

You thought I was ignorant about Dahmer and Shawcross. You were wrong.

You tried to poke fun at me, without even having read and understood that you were the one making the error.

And now you play the innocent, wronged hero?

By all means, engage in "debate" here if you wish. But do please try and leave me out of it fortwith. I´ll try and extend you the same favour.

The best,
      Fisherman

Comment

Oh, so now I am to blame for your not reading what I say before you answer it incorrectly?

You thought I was ignorant about Dahmer and Shawcross. You were wrong.

You tried to poke fun at me, without even having read and understood that you were the one making the error.

And now you play the innocent, wronged hero?

By all means, engage in "debate" here if you wish. But do please try and leave me out of it fortwith. I´ll try and extend you the same favour.

The best,
        Fisherman
        Not debating, laid a simple fact which clearly you need to explore further than wikipedia

However, error or not, there was no need to get personal.

Monty
        Monty

Comment

The fact remains that I said in my earlier post that I do not know of any serialist that frequently masturbated in public.
          Isn't this a straw man argument? Show me where it says Kozminski compulsively masturbated in public.

RH

Comment

Incidentally, while we are on the subject... Peter Sutcliffe masturbated over some of his victims at the crime scenes. Hadden Clark masturbated in front of his neighbor's children (and was schizophrenic.)

Also this, from my book:

"“Compulsive masturbation” was one of the most commonly reported traits of serial killers in the BSU study—over 80% of the interviewed murderers reported “compulsive masturbation” in childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. The authors of the study theorized that the prevalence of compulsive masturbation among killers was the result of an ineffective social environment, which led to the development of negative personal traits, such as a mistrust of society at large, and the inability to form close personal relationships. And this in turn, would cause a person to rely on fantasy “as a substitute for human encounter.” According to the report, “The personal traits critical to the development of the murderers in our study include a sense of social isolation, preferences for autoerotic activities and fetishes, rebelliousness, aggression, chronic lying, and a sense of privilege and entitlement. The murderers’ sense of social isolation is profound.” "

RH

Comment

Not debating, laid a simple fact which clearly you need to explore further than wikipedia

However, error or not, there was no need to get personal.

Monty
              Monty, YOU got personal by having a dig and a laugh at me; Oh, I DO apologize for handing you TWO examples of where you went wrong when you only asked for one. Remember?

This also latches on to a long-standing tradition of taking cheap shots at me, as you will know. And yes, it has resulted in my sniping back, that´s for sure. Who is the hen and who is the egg, I´ve long since forgotten.

If you can end it, I can too. And I don´t mind going first, so you won´t see me taking a swipe at you unless I have a very good reason to. Life´s too short. Let´s be good boys, both of us. We have nothing more to prove in terms of sarcasms and manure-throwing anyway.

All the best,
              Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                Isn't this a straw man argument? Show me where it says Kozminski compulsively masturbated in public.

RH
                I can´t. Nor did I claim that he did. Others claim that, however. And I can see their point, given that compulsive masturbation stops at nothing.

However, there is so much uncertainty clinging to this, ehrm ... accusation, that I won´t nail my colours to any... uh ... mast (yikes!).

I think there is way too little to make any call about Kosminski baing a useful suspect. I think more weighs against it than for it.

But I do not involve the masturbation bit on either side, until further notice.

The best,
                Fisherman
                Last edited by Fisherman; 11-03-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Incidentally, while we are on the subject... Peter Sutcliffe masturbated over some of his victims at the crime scenes. Hadden Clark masturbated in front of his neighbor's children (and was schizophrenic.)
                  Yep - and I think that Kroll masturbated before children at some stage too. That, however, is not something I deny. What I say is that I can´t think of any serialist who frequently masturbated in public. Frequently as in reoccuringly at an even and high pace.

The best,
                  Fisherman

PS. I´ve had it for today, and I´m packing in. I´ll answer whatever needs to be answered tomorrow, if I can muster the will...
                  Last edited by Fisherman; 11-03-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Monty, YOU got personal by having a dig and a laugh at me; Oh, I DO apologize for handing you TWO examples of where you went wrong when you only asked for one. Remember?

This also latches on to a long-standing tradition of taking cheap shots at me, as you will know. And yes, it has resulted in my sniping back, that´s for sure. Who is the hen and who is the egg, I´ve long since forgotten.

If you can end it, I can too. And I don´t mind going first, so you won´t see me taking a swipe at you unless I have a very good reason to. Life´s too short. Let´s be good boys, both of us. We have nothing more to prove in terms of sarcasms and manure-throwing anyway.

All the best,
                    Fisherman
                    My previous comments was not sarcasm, they were comments.

These, however, are. Thanks for the lecture, truly appreciated

Monty
                    Monty

Comment

RH
                      Thank you Rob I was about to make the same point.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Kosmiski is a suspect.

Many of the rest are not.

All non contemporaneously cited ones most certainly are not.

The rest is waffle.

Monty
                        But Monty how could those named by police at the time be suspects.

The police were Keystone Kops.

In spite of having his workplace and home address they didn't even look into Cross.

After a 4 hour interview they know nothing about Hutch.

They didn't even have enough brains to look at Kelly's ex's.

[Well they are a few of things we are expected to believe anyway] I could go on for pages.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

‘Still the best’ implies he ever was the best.
                          He seems to have been the best in the imagination of Anderson, and possibly Swanson.
                          But the named police suspects really tell us more about contemporary prejudices of the vain top brass political appointees than they reveal anything about the likely identity of the culprit.
                          Kosminski is the best of that bad bunch, but this is merely indicative of the weakness of the other police suspects than the strength of Kosminski as the potential culprit.
                          The content – basic errors - of the records about Kosminski effectively cancel out the likelihood that he was a serious main contender at the time.
                          The known biographical details of Aaron Kosminski make the realistic likelihood that he could have been a stealth serial killer who successfully evaded capture after killing at least five victims remote to say the least.
                          So no he is not the best suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            But Monty how could those named by police at the time be suspects.

The police were Keystone Kops.

In spite of having his workplace and home address they didn't even look into Cross.

After a 4 hour interview they know nothing about Hutch.

They didn't even have enough brains to look at Kelly's ex's.

[Well they are a few of things we are expected to believe anyway] I could go on for pages.
                            Now that is sarcasm.

I do often wonder why many of today's commentators on the subject feel they are in a better position to declare a person a suspect than the contemporaneous police officials.

We are not party to the full information. We assume.

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

Now that is sarcasm.
                              It was meant to be

I do often wonder why many of today's commentators on the subject feel they are in a better position to declare a person a suspect than the contemporaneous police officials.
                              Pure pride, "I must know more than anyone else"

We are not party to the full information.
                              And that's the rub.
                              G U T

Comment

The only actual event weighing for Kosminsky was the claim that he was identified by a fellow
                                Jew and the witness subsequently refused to testify.The rest of the so-called evidence against
                                him does not matter.Many types of personality could have done the murders.We do not know.

So what did the witness saw.Did he saw the so-called suspect before the murder,in the act of murder,
                                after the murder? It's not clear,I go for the first.

So when they said the witness subsequently refused to testify, did they mean he actually said
                                I saw him but I refuse to testify.Or was it just an impression that the officers present sensed
                                or had a gut feeling about that the suspect was the one the witness saw but he refused to acknowledge it?

If it was the former it would have been a bigger incident.My inkling is there would have been other officers
                                who would have knew about this,there would have been follow-up investigations and such.We likely
                                would have hear more about this refusal.
                                So the most likely possibility is it was just an impression.
                                How many so-called supects are put up in line-ups, identified and then released later cause it turns out
                                another person did the crime? How many people with more evidence against what they have against
                                Kosminski are actually innocent and released.

Kosminski even as a person of interest has nil going for it,let alone a suspect.
                                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                                M. Pacana

Comment

Working...
                                X