No announcement yet.

Another George Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Thursday 30th August 1888, the day before Polly Nichols' murder, a book began weekly serialization in the Pall Mall Budget. It ran over 10 weeks, with the final installment appearing on Thursday 8th November 1888, the day before the Millers Court murder.

The book was "The Mystery of Cloomber" by Arthur Conan Doyle.

It was illustrated in part by George Hutchinson, who went on to illustrate some of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

A subliminal choice of name by Abberline for his fictional witness?
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      On Thursday 30th August 1888, the day before Polly Nichols' murder, a book began weekly serialization in the Pall Mall Budget. It ran over 10 weeks, with the final installment appearing on Thursday 8th November 1888, the day before the Millers Court murder.

The book was "The Mystery of Cloomber" by Arthur Conan Doyle.

It was illustrated in part by George Hutchinson, who went on to illustrate some of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Could be. Or it could be as Freud said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I have to go with Freud on this one.

c.d.

Comment

Interesting to learn that Abberline's halo is firmly in place and shining brightly.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Could be. Or it could be as Freud said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I have to go with Freud on this one.

c.d.
          Or as Jung said to Freud "It might look like a phallic symbol to you,but do you know what it looks like to me ?"
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Interesting to learn that Abberline's halo is firmly in place and shining brightly.
            Hello Simon,

This has nothing to do with Abberline's supposed head covering. It simply comes down to what is more likely.

c.d.

Comment

Hi c.d.,

And what is more likely?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Richard,

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                Hi
                I have never doubted the identity of the witness Hutchinson., its no big deal, he was a man who simply reported what he saw, and when he saw it, no conspiracy. no motive, just a witness. Oh his name George William Topping Hutchinson. Father of Reg Hutchinson.
                Regards Richard..
                Totally agreed. Hutch told the truth and was a honest witness. (That's why he was ignored!)

And correct me if I'm wrong anyone (Sam?), but I believe Sam Flynn agrees that GWTH is THE Hutchinson judging by the signature(s)?

regards,

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                  Hi Richard,

Totally agreed. Hutch told the truth and was a honest witness. (That's why he was ignored!)

And correct me if I'm wrong anyone (Sam?), but I believe Sam Flynn agrees that GWTH is THE Hutchinson judging by the signature(s)?

regards,

Martyn
                  Hello Martyn,

Why was he ignored if he was an honest witness? And how exactly was he ignored? Abberline assigned men to accompany him around Whitechapel looking for the Astrakhan man. That doesn't seem like he was ignored.

c.d.

Comment

Would Abberline have known the illustrator "Geo H" was Hutchinson?

You have perhaps missed my question from earlier, and the question mark makes it uncertain if the above counts as an answer. Was Abberline in on GH being a fake witness or was he duped?

Comment

Re Abby Normal post #13

Hi Abby somehow I dont think it is the same chap but I could be wrong, I got an impression that he maybe worked at dock labouring after but could be wrong. I just thought I might find all the GH's I can that have a connection and post them up. I would hope someone might see something I cant. Starting on another George soon. I might unintentionally be repeating old research of others, apologies if I am. ...

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

I doubt Abberline was duped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GH SIG.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	735350

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

I doubt Abberline was duped

Regards,

Simon
                          Great, thanks.
                          The illustration you posted is from study in scarlet, from 1891.
                          How did Abberline in 1888 know that Geo H was a Hutchinson?

If Abberline was not duped, why did he write a memo detailing his examination of GH?
                          Last edited by Kattrup; 05-12-2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Kattrup,

I doubt Abberline was duped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GH SIG.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	735350

Regards,

Simon
                            Must have to do with that halo of his.

c.d.

Comment

Sheffield Independent - Wednesday 14 November: Click image for larger version

Name:	george hutchinson Sheffield Independent - Wednesday 14 November.GIF
Views:	379
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	735355

Comment

Interesting that the article says "accost."

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X