Another George Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another George Hutchinson

I think I may have mentioned this chap before but I recently found one more piece of documentation on him recently..
    I found this George E Hutchinson born 1866 in Mile End to a John William Hutchinson (a cook) and his wife Kezia Goldstone who was born in Leytonstone around 1839.
    In 1861 they were living at 31 Little Allie street, also same address in 1871. The father John William died in 1872.
    In 1881 Kezia (widow) has moved and is living in Alexis street in Bermondsey (South London) with her son Benjamin but no George. I found a document placing George (born Mile End) on the Exmouth training ship from 1879-1882 his record was very good. He left an exemplary Rigger. My own grandfather was put on a training ship when his father died.
    In 1891 census, George (seaman) is with Mum (a widow) and Brother Benjamin in Newington. In Sept 1895 he marries Rachel Wines in St Saviours Church (Ldn marriages and Banns) it is stated he is a labourer.

No Proof that it is him but he was around at that time........
    Click image for larger version

Name:	george hutchinson on training ship.JPG
Views:	1083
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	735293 also see attached from his Exmouth record

I have no doubt this is our man,hence his military bearing.

Topping was probably never unemployed.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Does he fit the dates for the Oz prison one Dave ?

Comment

Don't know.Could be.

Last edited by DJA; 05-12-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

There was no George Hutchinson.

He was a fictional device created in order to point the finger at the blinged caricatured Jew, who was also a fictional device.
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Yet he signed police statements and was interviewed by Abberline and the newspapers.

Comment

Hi DJA,

Someone signed a police statement with a variety of differing signatures, and was never interviewed by a national or local newspaper.

Regards,

Simon
              Last edited by Simon Wood; 05-12-2020, 04:20 AM.
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Yep,have facsimiles of the police statement,etc. By memory,the sargeant may have signed a page.

The Pall Mall Gazette,14 November, purports to have had a statement made to a reporter by Hutchinson.

Agree that A Man was fictional. More likely based on a Pom than a Jew.

Ciao.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

He was a fictional device created in order to point the finger at the blinged caricatured Jew, who was also a fictional device.
                  Does that mean Abberline was duped by someone playing a witness or was Abberline in on the conspiracy?

Comment

In the interests of a bit of balance, would it be reasonable to suggest a 'patsy' type role for Hutch? So although the whole Astrakhan Man sighting was staged by (presumably?) Abberline to implicate an obvious Jew, it still leaves a very real George Hutchinson. Maybe a bit down on his luck and slipped a few shillings to make his statement? It would help explain the delay in his coming forward.
                    ​​​​​​​I'm not saying this is my version of things, but Hutch doesn't need to stop existing to be discredited.
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Hi
                      I have never doubted the identity of the witness Hutchinson., its no big deal, he was a man who simply reported what he saw, and when he saw it, no conspiracy. no motive, just a witness. Oh his name George William Topping Hutchinson. Father of Reg Hutchinson.
                      Regards Richard..

Comment

The police already had an obvious jew for a suspect two months earlier, in the form of Leather Apron, yet went to the trouble of publicly exonerating him. Why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                          I think I may have mentioned this chap before but I recently found one more piece of documentation on him recently..
                          I found this George E Hutchinson born 1866 in Mile End to a John William Hutchinson (a cook) and his wife Kezia Goldstone who was born in Leytonstone around 1839.
                          In 1861 they were living at 31 Little Allie street, also same address in 1871. The father John William died in 1872.
                          In 1881 Kezia (widow) has moved and is living in Alexis street in Bermondsey (South London) with her son Benjamin but no George. I found a document placing George (born Mile End) on the Exmouth training ship from 1879-1882 his record was very good. He left an exemplary Rigger. My own grandfather was put on a training ship when his father died.
                          In 1891 census, George (seaman) is with Mum (a widow) and Brother Benjamin in Newington. In Sept 1895 he marries Rachel Wines in St Saviours Church (Ldn marriages and Banns) it is stated he is a labourer.

No Proof that it is him but he was around at that time........
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	george hutchinson on training ship.JPG
Views:	1083
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	735293 also see attached from his Exmouth record
                          is this Aussie George-the one Stephen Sinese found?
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

And that's all it takes to derail a thread.

Comment

Harry D,

My man. Nice to see you back posting again and being your old surly self. Where have you been, bro? Hope all is well.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X