Robert Louis Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsuspected ape from Whitechapel.....

Actually gentlemen, an orangutan committed the murders in the rue Morgue and quite frankly I consider him a viable suspect in the Whitechapel series……….in particular orangutans from Borneo have been known to favor deerstalker hats and have accents that can be confused with Eastern Europeans ….. also sometimes in poor lighting their faces have been described as blotchy. Needless to say climbing straight upward from all the murder sites would be an effective means of escape………..and finally, I’m sure I needn’t mention how red fur can appear as a crimson handkerchief under diffused lighting………and we all know how charming and disarming these creatures can be……..need I go on? I don’t know why Mr. Orangutan hasn’t yet made our suspect list?

Greg

Comment

Actually, Greg....

Aubrey Beardsley illustration for Edgar Allan Poe's Murders in the Rue Morgue
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

"Summary of The Ebb-Tide: A Trio and Quartette, 1894, by RLS, written in collaboration with stepson Lloyd Osbourne, on the Robert Louis Stevenson website."

"MY DEAR COLVIN, - Your pleasing letter RE THE EBB TIDE, to
        hand. I propose, if it be not too late, to delete Lloyd's
        name
        . He has nothing to do with the last half. The first we
        wrote together, as the beginning of a long yarn. The second
        is entirely mine; and I think it rather unfair on the young
        man to couple his name with so infamous a work
        ." - RLS words

Comment

The missing link...

Wow Chris, too bad Lawende et al didn't notice the earring.....that's the evidence that could have nailed the fiend........Darn...

Greg
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
            Actually gentlemen, an orangutan committed the murders in the rue Morgue and quite frankly I consider him a viable suspect in the Whitechapel seriesGreg
            Aha! So Curious George did have a hand in it!

Comment

He fooled them all...

Aha! So Curious George did have a hand in it!
              You could be onto something here FrankLoco.....notice how this image fits several witness descriptions........red tie....red kerchief.........all the same under dim lighting..................

Greg
              Attached Files

Comment

This story apparently includes an orangutan called Jack.
                Case closed?
                Attached Files

Comment

It`s very easy to make fun of this theorie.
                  I think all of you are more interested in:
                  Did Astrakhan Man exist?
                  I think yes...
                  I think no...
                  Hum... let me see... maybe he exist!
                  Ok, maybe not!
                  And how many victims jack the ripper made.
                  Hum, 6, no 5, no no, only 2...
                  Hum...

Comment

Originally posted by jsantos View Post
                    It`s very easy to make fun of this theorie.
                    I think all of you are more interested in:
                    Did Astrakhan Man exist?
                    I think yes...
                    I think no...
                    Hum... let me see... maybe he exist!
                    Ok, maybe not!
                    And how many victims jack the ripper made.
                    Hum, 6, no 5, no no, only 2...
                    Hum...
                    Hello jsantos

For your theory to be given serious discussion, you have to provide some evidence that Robert Louis Stevenson should be considered as a suspect, that he was even in England at the time of the murders. Lacking that, it strikes me and others as well, that Stevenson is a fantasy suspect much like Lewis Carroll.

Best regards

Chris
                    Christopher T. George

Comment

Which books Lewis Carroll wrote? Alice in Wonderland?????
                      Which books RLS wrote? Dr Jekkyl & Mr Hyde; The Ebb-Tide (Too many coincidences in this 2 books with the Jack the Ripper story.) Ok, only coincidences... It`s the same thing? I don`t think so... But if you say...
                      Why James Maybrick is a serious suspect??? Not only because it was in london at the time, but because somebody invented a diary!
                      Is funny...

Comment

Which books Lewis Carroll wrote? Alice in Wonderland?????
                        Which books RLS wrote? Dr Jekkyl & Mr Hyde; The Ebb-Tide (Too many coincidences in this 2 books with the Jack the Ripper story.) Ok, only coincidences... It`s the same thing? I don`t think so... But if you say...
                        Why James Maybrick is a serious suspect??? Not only because it was in london at the time, but because somebody invented a diary!
                        Is funny...
                        Hi once more jsantos

I am not saying James Maybrick is a serious suspect. Personally, I believe the Maybrick Diary is a hoax, although whether a recent or an old hoax still has to be determined.

RLS's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was written before the Whitechapel Murders but having written such a novella about murders in London does not make RLS the Whitechapel Murderer. The Ebb-Tide was written after the Ripper murders. If there is anything in The Ebb-Tide that has a link to the Whitechapel crimes, could it be because RLS read about them like everyone else?

To use another analogy, your advocacy of RLS as the murderer has as much going for it, or actually maybe less, as saying Bram Stoker, the author of Dracula, was the killer. At least Stoker was in Britain at the time but RLS evidently was not.

Best regards

Chris
                        Christopher T. George

Comment

I would describe that orang-utan as not tall but stout.

Comment

I`m sorry but you are wrong.
                            The RLS book "The Ebb-Tide" relates the feelings of RLS while Jack the Ripper. What it felt during and after the crimes. The escape for samoa, what it comes to prove that the date that we know is a farce.
                            And many more things.

Comment

"RLS's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was written before the Whitechapel Murders but having written such a novella about murders in London does not make RLS the Whitechapel Murderer."
                              Of course not, but "The Ebb-Tide" yes.
                              About Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, RLS burnt the first sketch of the book. As well as a history that it had written about a prostitute.
                              Read the history of RLS life to appreciate better what I`m saying.

Comment

I`m sorry but you are wrong.
                                The RLS book "The Ebb-Tide" relates the feelings of RLS while Jack the Ripper. What it felt during and after the crimes. The escape for samoa, what it comes to prove that the date that we know is a farce.
                                And many more things.
                                Hi RLS

What about the imagination of an artist?

Again, because Edgar Allan Poe wrote about murder does that make him a killer? Or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle because he also wrote murder mysteries?

It seems too easy and somewhat unrealistic to believe that because a writer can get into the mind of a murderer, then he must have had murderous tendencies too.

That's why your theory is unrealistic, and that's why it does not bear scrutiny.

All the best

Chris
                                Christopher T. George

Comment

Working...
                                X