No announcement yet.

Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Mrs Lech ever got a bit suspicious about her husband being out at ridiculous times when he needed to be out of the house at 3.30 to get to work. For eg when he dumped the apron in the doorway of Goulston Street, having been out earlier to kill Stride (or maybe not?) it would have been around 2am. Did he then go home arriving at around 2.20ish only to have to get up an hour later? Or did he just stay out all night with Mrs Lech not complaining and old Charlie still fresh enough to put in a days graft?
    Annie Chapman’s t.o.d might be debated....4.30/5.30? Both are still after the time that we would have expected CL to have been at work.
    MJK, if we believe Hutch, was alive at 2am. So again we have CL out in the wee small hours about to commit a time-consuming and exhausting murder after which he would, in all likelihood, have had to have toddled straight off too work. Was Mrs Lech locked in a cupboard all night? Did she mind her husband bringing back bags of body parts in the early hours

Ok, I’m being a touch facetious here but the points stand. More doubts. Proper serious ones which Fish will simply brush aside. Surely it’s more likely that the ripper had more freedom than a man who had to be at work at 4am everyday to do a long and tiring shift? Surely it’s more likely that the ripper had somewhere private where he could keep his grisly trophies and not in the larder being the bread (sorry )

These are not conclusive signs of innocence but they are serious doubts to be added to a long list of serious doubts. Far, far too many for anyone to believe with any level of confidence that CL was the ripper.

Comment

• I just can’t buy the “he’d be too buggered after a hard days graft to go out killing” bit.

I guess I’ve known far to many that’d work darn hard, truck drivers, miners when most of it was by hand, labourers lugging 200lb bags of cement, etc. and still spend the night out on the booze and partying.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Thats where the expression, 'work hard - play hard' comes from.

Ah, those were the days.....
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Figuratively,the motto of "Camborne School of Mines" ...... established 1888.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Jus' trying to stay on topic
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              Thats where the expression, 'work hard - play hard' comes from.

Ah, those were the days.....
              Yeah seems a lost art to many.

My grandfather would shovel coal all day, held the record with his mate for most coal loaded by hand for about 50 years till the mine closed.

Then go out on the booze get into a fight or three and go home to the missus, and still made a heard of kids.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• But Stride was killed virtually in Ma Lechmere's back yard - and Eddowes a short distance away - in the early hours of CAL's day off. And we know Sunday was his day off because a certain Mr Griffiths told us so...

Sorry, Fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                  But Stride was killed virtually in Ma Lechmere's back yard - and Eddowes a short distance away - in the early hours of CAL's day off. And we know Sunday was his day off because a certain Mr Griffiths told us so...

Sorry, Fish.
                  Hi Gary,

One could also add that The Kosminski, lived closer to Berner street than mother Lechmere, and at one stage lived at # 38 ( of course we don't know if Aaron was there, or for that matter if he is "Kosminski"; but then of course we don't know Lechmere went to see his mum that night either.

And that "Short distancs away " is over a thousand yards, not really short at all. Two major roads to cross, so won't want to drwa attention, at lrast a ten minute walk, assuming he does not stop and sit to wipe his knife on the way.

His day off? Probably was, we know many probably did not work Sundays, including certain Slaughter men.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                    If I avoided sarcasm, I would say that you are the type of poster who implies unsavoury things about others without having any proof to show for it. A particularly ugly internet troll, as it were.
                    If I avoided sarcasm, Fish, I would say that you are the type of poster who implies unsavoury things about Lechmere without having any proof to show for it.

But that doesn't make you 'a particularly ugly internet troll', does it? It just makes you someone with a favourite suspect who is struggling to convince his fellow posters.

So how dare you make this particularly ugly accusation against one of them? The 'troll' accusation I mean. I'd put you on the naughty step if I were your mother. And then I'd put myself on the naughty step for being your mother.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• One other point that needs to be clarified was just how close or not Mother Lechmere was to Berner Street The impression can be that she is virtually next door (No that was the Kosminski's a few years earlier). However the reality is that depending on tbe route taken its at minimum of just over 200 yards away, or 300 yards at most. Yes it's still relatively close, However when one takes into account the geography of the murders, and the short distances involved, its not as close relatively as the impression people often get.

Steve
                      Last edited by Elamarna; 06-17-2018, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Everyone does realize that if you think paul was never out of ear shot, then another explanation to the your wanted by a pc discrepency, is that paul heard lech say it and simply never said anything about it. Actually this goes for you too fish.

The more i think about it the more i think this is what could have happened, after a simple misunderstanding of course.
                        But Abby, if Paul heard Cross tell Mizen that he was wanted by a PC who was already with Nichols, why did he have such a public pop at the cop for his shameful negligence in leaving the poor woman dead and cold and all alone in the street while he continued to knock up?

Was Robert Paul even more of a liar than anyone thought? I still think Fish would be better off with Paul as his suspect: cunningly allows Cross to find his handiwork before returning to the scene himself, all innocence, feigning wariness at the situation; gets Cross to speak to the PC so his attention is not drawn to any blood on Paul; fails to come forward and is clearly hostile towards the police, giving that anti-police and anti-Mizen press interview; fails to attend the inquest initially and has to be tracked down later for questioning; could have been in or near Hanbury Street when Chapman is murdered.

Not looking good is it? If there's a photo of Paul anywhere looking shifty, he's your man. Cross was just his patsy.

Love,

Caz
                        X

Comment

• If the police stopped someone for questioning in the immediate wake of a grisly murder at say 3.00am would they be particularly impressed with the explaination “I’m just on my way to paying my mum a visit?”

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            I just can’t buy the “he’d be too buggered after a hard days graft to go out killing” bit.

I guess I’ve known far to many that’d work darn hard, truck drivers, miners when most of it was by hand, labourers lugging 200lb bags of cement, etc. and still spend the night out on the booze and partying.
                            Accepted GUT but my point was more about timings. Being away from home and the wife at strange times and for longish stretches which might have given her cause for suspicion. Would she not think it strange that hubby gets in at 2.30 when he had to be out for work an hour later for eg?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                              Hi Gary,

One could also add that The Kosminski, lived closer to Berner street than mother Lechmere, and at one stage lived at # 38 ( of course we don't know if Aaron was there, or for that matter if he is "Kosminski"; but then of course we don't know Lechmere went to see his mum that night either.

And that "Short distancs away " is over a thousand yards, not really short at all. Two major roads to cross, so won't want to drwa attention, at lrast a ten minute walk, assuming he does not stop and sit to wipe his knife on the way.

His day off? Probably was, we know many probably did not work Sundays, including certain Slaughter men.

Steve
                              My post was obviously tongue-in-cheek.

'Probably' didn't work on a Sunday?

I suspect CAL may well have carted horse flesh, and if he did, then 'probably' is probably right. But do we know that Broad Street Goods Station was either closed or handled less traffic on a Sunday? I know that LNWR men and others were agitating for a standard 6-day week in the late 19th century. And passenger trains certainly ran to and from the station 7 days a week.

And while we on the subject of Broad Street, am I right in saying that Lechmere isn't actually recorded as saying he worked at that location for 20+ years? At the time he would have started working for Pickfofds they were also operating out of
                              Haydon Square in H Division and very close to Mitre Square. I once found a list of the names of Pickford's Haydon Square cricket team (some time in the 1860s from memory). No Cross or Lechmere listed unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                simply put el-all the other witnesses who discovered the body were first seen raising the alarm.

Lech is the only one seen near the body before he did. right at that moment-even if completely innocent, I find it odd.
                                Hi Abby,

If Lechmere thought Nichols was a tarpaulin at first, only realising it was a woman's body when he got closer, by which time Robert Paul was fast approaching, then what do you call what he did next, if not raising the alarm with Paul, who was all set to give him a wide berth and walk on by until Cross stopped him to come and assess the situation before they went on together to alert the nearest copper on their onward route to work?

I'd call that raising the alarm at the earliest opportunity. How could Cross possibly have done it any sooner, or before there was anyone to raise it with? He has to be proved the killer before he can be accused of tarrying at the scene and not raising the alarm. But in that case, he wouldn't have been intending to raise it, would he?

The man can't win, can he?

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X