Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mitre Square being watched that Double Event night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joshua,

Perhaps.

So, what might she have known that would have earned such a generous reward; one that she never collected?

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi Joshua,

How would Eddowes have learned in Kent about Montagu's 12th September generous offer, and if she did why did it take her another fifteen days to return to London to claim it?

Regards,

Simon
      Last edited by Simon Wood; 04-10-2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Hi Joshua,

Perhaps.

So, what might she have known that would have earned such a generous reward; one that she never collected?

Regards,

Simon
        Clearly, she knew nothing, or she'd have tried to collect it.

Comment

Well I will just throw this out there - blackmail maybe? Although trying to extort money from a serial killer might not be the best idea one can come up with.

c.d.

Comment

Oh boy, that's an answer; but you have avoided my question.

Comment

Monty,

OMG! I had no idea.

Are you going to be okay?

Best, best wishes.

Simon
              Ditto that sentiment from me as well, Monty.

c.d.

Comment

Monty,

OMG! I had no idea.

Are you going to be okay?

Best, best wishes.

Simon
                Simon, all.

The nine hour surgery was, so I’ve been told, a success. It was to remove two cancerous tumours from my liver, which, due to the fact it’s an otherwise healthy, strong one, is now in the process of regenerating. Yes, I am Dr Who.

Apart from feeling fatigued, I’m pain free and mobile, so much so that I’m undergoing physiotheraphy. I also have the loveliest of scars.

Thanks for the best wishes, but now back to business.

Cheers
                Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hey Monty,

Find your way back to the Tardis and you will live forever.

Blessings.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post

Simon, all.

The nine hour surgery was, so I’ve been told, a success. It was to remove two cancerous tumours from my liver, which, due to the fact it’s an otherwise healthy, strong one, is now in the process of regenerating. Yes, I am Dr Who.

Apart from feeling fatigued, I’m pain free and mobile, so much so that I’m undergoing physiotheraphy. I also have the loveliest of scars.

Thanks for the best wishes, but now back to business.

Cheers
                    Monty
                    Best wishes on your recuperation Field Marshal monty:-)

Stay away from chemo if it is ever recommended... looks like your in remission so the doctors wont but if they ever do contact me... chemo is bad

Stay cool montgomary :-)

Comment

We need our police expert. Stay well!
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

Comment

Simon, all.

The nine hour surgery was, so I’ve been told, a success.
                        Very glad to hear it, Neil. All the best
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Not really. Not with the thimble.

Monty
                          Kate could have used the thimble anywhere, why that particular location? In the Square it's self there are only a handful of men who may have heard it and all have connections to the police. Morrison/Pearce/Watkins/Harvey. Then possibly Marriot/Outram & Hulse. Unless she knew what to hit the thimble up against where by only certain punters knew the sound and responded. If Kate did use the square for any "Dealings", George Morris would probably have known.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Well no one said they saw another couple in the vicinity, and no one came forward after the event to say they were in the area and could have been the persons seen by Lawende, and there is no evidence that the streets were thronging with people, so I would say it is not wrong to speculate that these were Eddowes and the killer.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            Not wrong to speculate that they were, but also legitimate to speculate that they weren't. "No-one came forward after the event"? Given the late hour and the location it seems more likely than not that this couple comprised a prostitute and a punter. Hardly surprising that they kept quiet if that was the case IMHO.
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

She alledgedly claimed she knew who the killer was and came back to claim the reward...yet didn’t.

Instead she she went to Mitre Square to confront the murderer rather than seek the support of the authorities...and claim that reward.

Monty
                              A great many 'if's here I'm afraid:

If the Casual Ward Superintendent was truthful in claiming she said what she did; if she thought there was a reward on offer; if she believed she knew the killer's identity; if the person she suspected was aware of her suspicions - wouldn't the one way to ensure that you made it safely to the police station be to get yourself arrested?
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

A great many 'if's here I'm afraid:

If the Casual Ward Superintendent was truthful in claiming she said what she did; if she thought there was a reward on offer; if she believed she knew the killer's identity; if the person she suspected was aware of her suspicions - wouldn't the one way to ensure that you made it safely to the police station be to get yourself arrested?
                                Yes the tell the police and claim the reward,but she didn’t, so that speaks volumes for the reliability of the evidence

Comment

Working...
                                X