This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice shots Rob!

I see the snow has gone since I was there on Thursday. There's some nice warm coloured light coming from the interior of the Ten Bells; possibly a candidate for a nice night photo methinks!

Andrew

Comment

• Thanks Andrew, there are some ice patches around Shoreditch High Street Overground Station and thats about it.
      The Ten Bells looks nice and cozy from the outside but I doubt if it was on the inside.

Rob

Comment

• You continue to have an excellent eye, Rob. You capture the feel of London in December beautifully.

Comment

• Dont think Ive posted this one, maybe not that relevant, but I took it a few years ago and quite liked it, just a young asian girl standing in a shop doorway all dressed up, probably waiting to go to a party or something.
          Unfortunately I dont remember the street it was taken on.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Crispin Street - atmospherical

Here's a modified version of a daylight photo of Crispin Street turned into how it might have looked at night. Purely an exercise in atmospherics.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Sgh,

That is wounderful, thank you.
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                Sgh,

That is wounderful, thank you.
                Thank you, Corey
                I couldn't resist fiddling about with some of these fantastic old photos.
                Just seeing how things 'might' look in darkness.

Best
                Steve

Comment

• Hi sgh

That I like.

all the best

Observer

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
                    Hi sgh

That I like.

all the best

Observer
                    Many Thanks.
                    I'll do a few more.
                    Best
                    Steve.

Comment

• Royal Mint Street

Not sure if I got hold of this one but here goes.
                      Again, it's a daylight photo converted to night.
                      Royal Mint Street by Lamplight.

Best
                      Steve
                      Attached Files

Comment

• SGH, they look really fantastic, very professional!

Comment

• Nice work, Steve. Really adds a lot of atmosphere and a feeling of actually "being there" that's absent in the original daylight prints.

John
                          "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                          Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

• New Years Eve, went up to The White Hart on Whitechapel Road, walked through Gunthorp St and up Commercial St to The Ten Bells, and then had a final drink in The Duke of Wellington before coming home - took some shots for you all along the way (including one of the barman from The Ten Bells putting up some balloons outside, I asked if it was cool to take a photo of him doing so and he said sure - shame he has his eyes closed!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice shots, Adam. The Bells looks a treat with the new paint job, and it's nice to finally see lights in the upper floors. Happy New Year to all.

Comment

• SGH,

Those retouched photos look great. However (I could be wrong here) but I think all the lights should be the same color, probably the orange amber color. The blue light you have in your second photo is more in line with modern streetlights, but all the light from london gaslamps would have been the same consistent color. But great work anyway.

Rob H

Comment

Working...
                                X