Motivation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Baron View Post

That is not an answer to the real motive Abby.

Tell me why the female body

Why cutting up women

Don't buy from those who want to push their fantasies and agendas by any cost. They want you to believe these silly simplifications while they are behind the words focusing on one single suspect.

The Baron
    The "silly simplification" you are speaking about is sometimes described as piquerism. And I believe it was Robert Keppel who said that the Ripper was an example of piquerism.

Silly man. What did he know?

By the way, to focus "on one single suspect" is of no use unless it can be proven that this single susect had a flair for cutting up women, is it? So that´s another of your points thrown out of the window.

Who´s silly now?

Comment

That is not an answer to the real motive Abby.

Tell me why the female body

Why cutting up women

Don't buy from those who want to push their fantasies and agendas by any cost. They want you to believe these silly simplifications while they are behind the words focusing on one single suspect.

The Baron
      why females?
      i dont know.. maybe because he wasnt gay? serial killers usually if not always go after their sexual preference.

theres many motivations for different serial killers, and the rippers seems to be he derived pleasure from cutting up the female body.

i could delve deeper, but then thats even more speculation, although I do think curiosity also played a part.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

The "silly simplification" you are speaking about is sometimes described as piquerism. And I believe it was Robert Keppel who said that the Ripper was an example of piquerism.

Silly man. What did he know?

By the way, to focus "on one single suspect" is of no use unless it can be proven that this single susect had a flair for cutting up women, is it? So that´s another of your points thrown out of the window.

Who´s silly now?

Why don't you let him answer for himself Fish

You couldn't resist the need to assist him

You want to be his guardian

You are so afraid

And if it bleeds...

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

why females?
          i dont know..

Thank you Abby.

The Baron

Comment

Thank you Abby.

The Baron
            your welcome. now you seem to have something in mind so whats your take on it then? what was his motivation?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

your welcome. now you seem to have something in mind so whats your take on it then? what was his motivation?

Actually Abby I realy don't have something specific in mind, but if I have to put it somehow:

Great hatred of Prostitutes.

The way he killed them, mutilated them and show them.

Buy the way, eating the Kidney, you can interpret it as Cannibalism, which is possible of course, but there is another more appropriate meaning to it in this case,

hatred!

In history, I've read about something similar, when someone hates someone else very much, and managed to kill him, he may eat his liver or Kidney to satisfy his hatred and deep rancour, hence the From Hell letter.

The Baron

Comment

That makes me feel, maybe Bury is not the right man, because, if he hates Prostitutes that much, why to marry one of them at first place.

The Baron

Comment

That makes me feel, maybe Bury is not the right man, because, if he hates Prostitutes that much, why to marry one of them at first place.

The Baron
                  Maybe Bury didn't hate prostitutes until one gave him venereal disease which may have been after he married Ellen.

Cheers John

Comment

Seems to be a destruction of the essence of the feminine, whatever it is, it's all rather pent-up and frustrated. Like a postmortem eruption by-knife.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Maybe Bury didn't hate prostitutes until one gave him venereal disease which may have been after he married Ellen.

Cheers John

Possible of course John

But let me ask you, if one got a venereal disease, will he blame the girl, or blame himself for contacting her? and if she has such a disease, is he going to eat her Kidney? was bury in such an advanced stage of the disease that he felt his days are finishing and he will carry the revenge on every prositute he can get his hands on?!

I find this whole venereal disease argument not convincing, but who knows,

The Baron

Comment

But let me ask you, if one got a venereal disease, will he blame the girl, or blame himself for contacting her? and if she has such a disease, is he going to eat her Kidney? was bury in such an advanced stage of the disease that he felt his days are finishing and he will carry the revenge on every prositute he can get his hands on?!
                        It depends wholly upon his development as a person. If there is ample repression there already and we throw in some social defects to boot, we might end up with a circumstance wherein vengeance upon the allures that once took him in is acted upon.

Comment

Okay, so on 3 of the murders he attacked the uterus directly, on the first attack he went for the lower abdomen with downward thrusts, so probably going for the uterus again. So why? It is exclusively a female organ, was it jealousy? The other idea I had was regarding the murder in Mitre Square. Parts of Cate were throw over the shoulders or moved aside. I think in that case he may have attacked the face first, needing to be up close to see, if the gore was already there he would be kneeling very close. That leads to all sorts of more questions. Why cut the face? Unless it was a sign or a message?

Comment

Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
                            Okay, so on 3 of the murders he attacked the uterus directly, on the first attack he went for the lower abdomen with downward thrusts, so probably going for the uterus again. So why? It is exclusively a female organ, was it jealousy? The other idea I had was regarding the murder in Mitre Square. Parts of Cate were throw over the shoulders or moved aside. I think in that case he may have attacked the face first, needing to be up close to see, if the gore was already there he would be kneeling very close. That leads to all sorts of more questions. Why cut the face? Unless it was a sign or a message?
                            Regarding cutting the face, there's a whimsical and almost-playful element to postmortem serial killers. I would imagine that once the victims were successfully subdued and their throat was cut he would move around, especially in an open space like Mitre Square. As far as I can tell, it's less a case of "why cut the face?" and more a case of "why not dash the face with the knife a bit to make it look more right?"

Keep in mind that the eyes adapt to darkness, and this is not often talked about, so darkness becomes almost relative when we're thinking about what the killer in this case can and can not see.

Regarding the uterus, for the first killing [canonical] some doubt can be cast as to whether or not a uterus was purloined, and in the fifth of the canon it rested alongside the kidneys and one breast, which were found supporting, or propping up the disfigured head of the victim. In that case, the heart was missing.

I think it's less likely to be jealousy and more likely to be a chewy snack or something. I don't think jealousy provides the cause to commit such crimes as Jack the Ripper committed, it's more likely to be resentment that bubbles under the surface. Jealousy is typically an outburst that is solved with a spree or a single murder. It is more definite and accusatory in its nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

I've flirted with a few suspects, and I think there's an argument to be made for a Jewish one.
                              Nowadays, I don't really have a horse in the race.
                              If you put a gun to my head, I'd plump for William Bury, simply for the law of averages.
                              However, I think the Ripper/Thames Torso link is an interesting theory that demands further research.
                              Ah, ok, I'm sorry. I thought you had argued for Joseph Levy at some point in the past.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Ah, ok, I'm sorry. I thought you had argued for Joseph Levy at some point in the past.
                                I think you mean Jacob Levy? Yes.

In terms of Jewish suspects, I still think Jacob is an interesting one.

Comment

Working...
                                X