Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    It's of course possible that he swanned in from outside but, pragmatically, a locally-based killer is by far the more likely. No similar murders happened anywhere else during this short time-frame, yet we do know that other (non-Ripperesque) prostitute murders elsewhere. So there clearly were other places where such opportunities presented themselves beyond the narrow confines of "Whitechapel", and it beggars belief that "Whitechapel" was the only place with which this putative commuting killer was familiar.
    In the context of this thread ‘outside’ only has to be outside of the hot zone. Living a mere 7 minutes walk away from the Nichols site, having a lifetime’s familiarity with St George’s and a work route that took him through Spitalfields in the early hours surely qualifies Lechmere as locally-based?
    Last edited by MrBarnett; 12-14-2018, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Why don't we throw in Carrie Brown for good measure?

I don't consider anyone other than Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes and Kelly as Ripper victims, so I thought I was being generous enough to include even Stride. But hey-ho!
      Is Carrie in Scotland Yard’s WM file?

I would have said the same a little while back, but I’m starting to have a bit of a Kelly wobble. Particularly since the hazy Mr ’Morganstone’ came sharply into focus as a vicious knife-wielding ‘bully’.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        I’m starting to have a bit of a Kelly wobble.
        Nothing worse than an attack of the kellywobbles
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

In the context of this thread ‘outside’ only has to be outside of the hot zone. Living a mere 7 minutes walk away from the Nichols site, having a lifetime’s familiarity with St George’s and a work route that took him through Spitalfields in the early hours surely qualifies Lechmere as locally-based?
          Nowhere near as locally-based as people like Jacob Levy or a host of other yet-to-be-identified candidates, who needed no excuses to place them within a short walking distance of the crimes at any hour, simply because they were in the vicinity most, if not all, of the time.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Nowhere near as locally-based as people like Jacob Levy or a host of other yet-to-be-identified candidates, who needed no excuses to place them within a short walking distance of the crimes at any hour, simply because they were in the vicinity most, if not all, of the time.
            I’m sure the model could be used to tell us in which room of which building the killer was most likely to have lived, but how meaningful would that be?

Next room, next building, next street, next parish - at what point would a person’s residential distance from the hot spot invalidate him as a suspect?

Comment

Indeed, Fish.

How far was his ‘commute’ to Buck’s Row, I wonder? More or less than Levy’s?
              What place that is next to the murder scene can be associated with Levy's job as a butcher?

James Hardiman is suggested to be at the same place to pick up meat.
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                What place that is next to the murder scene can be associated with Levy's job as a butcher?

James Hardiman is suggested to be at the same place to pick up meat.
                A knacker’s yard did not produce butcher’s meat. It was not allowed to by law.

Comment

• If I recall I believe Colin some time ago posted a geographical representation of the murders radius and where the central spot in that circle was, and as I recall the Victoria Home on Wentworth was smack dab in the middle.

I would imagine, if as it would seem historically, no-one else knew who was doing this, that Hiding in Plain sight would be the smartest way to go. That would also have to lead to surmise he had an alternate room he could access privately...if he actually kept what he took. That issue I think comes into debate when considering if the Lusk kidney was actually Kates.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                    If I recall I believe Colin some time ago posted a geographical representation of the murders radius and where the central spot in that circle was, and as I recall the Victoria Home on Wentworth was smack dab in the middle.

I would imagine, if as it would seem historically, no-one else knew who was doing this, that Hiding in Plain sight would be the smartest way to go. That would also have to lead to surmise he had an alternate room he could access privately...if he actually kept what he took. That issue I think comes into debate when considering if the Lusk kidney was actually Kates.
                    There you go - a hot spot where your absence or late arrival on 4 significant occasions would surely ring a bell.

Comment

There you go - a hot spot where your absence or late arrival on 4 significant occasions would surely ring a bell.
                      With a bit of tweaking you might be able to move your hot spot to the Providence Row refuge, thereby making a Sister of Mercy a more likely suspect than Charles Lechmere.😂

Comment

I believe most all of the Doss houses stopped taking in the homeless at a specific time, all that arrived after would be out of luck unless there were still free beds I would imagine. There were also private rooms within these same houses that could be rented. Didnt Hutchinson claim to be staying at the Victoria Mens Home prior to that night, yet there he is, supposedly out on the streets.

These were transient clients, when they had money the got a bed, when they didnt, they didnt. Their absence or lateness on any given night wouldnt be noticed by anyone but the clerk who registered them. Imaginging a doss home that has the same tenants in the same beds night after night is kinda naive.

I would add that by the timing of the murders the killer or killers wouldn't be able to check into a doss house after.
                        Michael Richards

Comment

These were transient clients, when they had money the got a bed, when they didnt, they didnt. Their absence or lateness on any given night wouldnt be noticed by anyone but the clerk who registered them.
                          And only if it was the same registrar on duty, presumably?
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I believe most all of the Doss houses stopped taking in the homeless at a specific time, all that arrived after would be out of luck unless there were still free beds I would imagine. There were also private rooms within these same houses that could be rented. Didnt Hutchinson claim to be staying at the Victoria Mens Home prior to that night, yet there he is, supposedly out on the streets.

These were transient clients, when they had money the got a bed, when they didnt, they didnt. Their absence or lateness on any given night wouldnt be noticed by anyone but the clerk who registered them. Imaginging a doss home that has the same tenants in the same beds night after night is kinda naive.

I would add that by the timing of the murders the killer or killers wouldn't be able to check into a doss house after.
                            Imagining regular residents of the respectable Victoria Home to have been anonymous to the staff and other regular residents is certainly naive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                              Doesn't anybody read the Rip anymore? Joseph and Jacob were related, etc., etc.

http://www.mangodesign.biz/rip124.pdf
                              A syphilitic insane butcher who lives in the heart of the murders and is wandering at night according to his wife.

Four days ago I pointed out that there is a lot of evidence that JtR is a thief.
                              Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

Turns out Jacob Levy is not only a convicted thief but was still stealing from people according to his wife and documents.

The width of Duke Street -> https://wiki.casebook.org/images/d/d9/DukeStreet.jpg

JtR was only a few meters away from them. Even Begg notes Joseph Levy seems not to be telling us everything about what he witnessed.

Joseph Levy is Jacob Levy's cousin.

Means, motive and opportunity.

Between King's article and that Rip article, there is absolutely no reason to reject that here is the best JtR candidate who meets the criteria for the geographic profile and is leagues ahead of everyone else, save Kozminski.

Anyway, I come and go from here after asking what I needed to ask and reading what I need to read. So thanks for the help and references, but essentially, for myself, this is it. As long as Levy is there and no one to compete with those sort of details discovered with Levy, then there is no reason why the case for Levy shouldn't be the direction of research that points at JtR. Plausible alternatives just don't have all that circumstantial evidence again them.

As a note, Swanson seems to believe JtR died in an asylum. Yet Kozminski wasn't dead when he wrote that. Levy died in an asylum though. The similarities between Levy and Kozminski are striking. You can't fail to think with Levy that you are reading everything that you would expect Kozminski to have been. Kozminski is like Jacob Levy *Lite*.

Anyway, for anyone reading this geographic profile thread, this is basically where I am going to pause and say to some degree of confidence that the geographic profile should also be included in the case for Jacob Levy and that others have made the case for him better than I could, given all the evidence we have.

I am quite happy with this Jacob Levy find. It makes the most sense. I could easily place those writings at the end of Philip Sudgen's The Complete History of Jack the Ripper and it would all flow just fine from start to finish without looking out of place at all.

I wasn't expecting a syphilitic mad butcher to be out at night in the heart of the murders. The investigation files (what's left of them) doesn't seem to indicate such a person even existed at the time or would have been found. One would think such a person would be noticed by them. It appears he wasn't. Yet here he was all the time. Jacob Levy would have known the areas of the murders extremely well from growing up around the place and doing business.

Have fun, stay safe. For now, this is it for me. A lot of answers merged with this one person and that's better than I could ask for or expected.

Over and out.

Batman
                              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
                                A syphilitic insane butcher who lives in the heart of the murders and is wandering at night according to his wife.

Four days ago I pointed out that there is a lot of evidence that JtR is a thief.
                                Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

Turns out Jacob Levy is not only a convicted thief but was still stealing from people according to his wife and documents.

The width of Duke Street -> https://wiki.casebook.org/images/d/d9/DukeStreet.jpg

JtR was only a few meters away from them. Even Begg notes Joseph Levy seems not to be telling us everything about what he witnessed.

Joseph Levy is Jacob Levy's cousin.

Means, motive and opportunity.

Between King's article and that Rip article, there is absolutely no reason to reject that here is the best JtR candidate who meets the criteria for the geographic profile and is leagues ahead of everyone else, save Kozminski.

Anyway, I come and go from here after asking what I needed to ask and reading what I need to read. So thanks for the help and references, but essentially, for myself, this is it. As long as Levy is there and no one to compete with those sort of details discovered with Levy, then there is no reason why the case for Levy shouldn't be the direction of research that points at JtR. Plausible alternatives just don't have all that circumstantial evidence again them.

As a note, Swanson seems to believe JtR died in an asylum. Yet Kozminski wasn't dead when he wrote that. Levy died in an asylum though. The similarities between Levy and Kozminski are striking. You can't fail to think with Levy that you are reading everything that you would expect Kozminski to have been. Kozminski is like Jacob Levy *Lite*.

Anyway, for anyone reading this geographic profile thread, this is basically where I am going to pause and say to some degree of confidence that the geographic profile should also be included in the case for Jacob Levy and that others have made the case for him better than I could, given all the evidence we have.

I am quite happy with this Jacob Levy find. It makes the most sense. I could easily place those writings at the end of Philip Sudgen's The Complete History of Jack the Ripper and it would all flow just fine from start to finish without looking out of place at all.

I wasn't expecting a syphilitic mad butcher to be out at night in the heart of the murders. The investigation files (what's left of them) doesn't seem to indicate such a person even existed at the time or would have been found. One would think such a person would be noticed by them. It appears he wasn't. Yet here he was all the time. Jacob Levy would have known the areas of the murders extremely well from growing up around the place and doing business.

Have fun, stay safe. For now, this is it for me. A lot of answers merged with this one person and that's better than I could ask for or expected.

Over and out.

Batman
                                Levy was not convicted of theft. But, hey, he lived in the hot zone, so he must be the killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X