Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    Can you direct me two the source where it is made explicit that Tabram's wound to the lower part was to her vagina.
    Swanson. Sept. 1888 report.

‘Dr. Keeling [sic] of 68 Brick Lane was called, and examined the body and found thirty nine wounds on body, and neck, and private part with a knife or dagger.’
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
      All of those are rare, remember? Even if you have "on, in, near", together, that is still extremely rare.
      But different in respect of detail. A blunt object thrust into the vagina is different from two small stabs to the private part (precise location unspecified), a three inch cut on the private part (precise location unspecified), the complete cutting away of the external genitalia concurrent with the removal of flesh from the inner thighs and buttocks, or the internal cutting of the vagina in consequence of removing the uterus (whilst leaving the external genitalia unscathed).
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Which bit? She was described as an unfortunate in the press and here's the Old Bailey record of the trial:
        I mean details of Fenwick's Old Bailey trial were deemed 'unfit' for publication.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          But different in respect of detail. A blunt object thrust into the vagina is different from two small stabs to the private part (precise location unspecified), a three inch cut on the private part (precise location unspecified), the complete cutting away of the external genitalia concurrent with the removal of flesh from the inner thighs and buttocks, or the internal cutting of the vagina in consequence of removing the uterus (whilst leaving the external genitalia unscathed).
          You have described an escalating lust murderer. Especially if they each happened within a small area at the same time with the same victimology.

Comment

Were stabbings to lower parts that rare? I would think most stabbings would mostly involve a knife to the belly as the target area. Plenty of those.

Nothing like acts on unfortunates' vaginas though.
            So you imagine that stabs to the stomach were usually described as stabs to the lower part? And stabs to the vagina would invariably have been described as such in the press without the use of a euphemism?

You'll be telling us that 'unfortunates' were simply unlucky women next.

Comment

‘Dr. Keeling [sic] of 68 Brick Lane was called, and examined the body and found thirty nine wounds on body, and neck, and private part with a knife or dagger.’
              I'm still waiting for an explicit reference to her vagina. I take it you know the meaning of that term.

Comment

So you imagine that stabs to the stomach were usually described as stabs to the lower part? And stabs to the vagina would invariably have been described as such in the press without the use of a euphemism?

You'll be telling us that 'unfortunates' were simply unlucky women next.
                I doubt lower parts meant private parts there as the press didn't sensationalize that bit. Abdomen makes much more sense.

Comment

I'm still waiting for an explicit reference to her vagina. I take it you know the meaning of that term.
                  The vagina is the private parts of a woman obviously. What do you think it is? Her purse?

Swanson is the source.

Comment

I mean details of Fenwick's Old Bailey trial were deemed 'unfit' for publication.
                    It's explicitly stated in the OB record I attached.

Comment

The legit ones (Queensberry rules) probably held in Blue Coat Boy pub on Dorset Street and then the illegal ones on the streets and courts (no Queensberry rules).

John Reeves gives an account hearing fighting on the streets that night.
                      That’s actually interesting Batman. Thanks for posting that. I did some research into a famed English pugilist named Charlie Mitchell. He was said to have worn at times an Astrachan trimmed coat. He was constantly arrested for violent attacks. In one case he beat a lodgng house keeper named George Savage. That was at 2 Harveys Buildings. The same address John Arnold of Pinchin Street torso fame lived

Comment

"Private part" does not automatically mean "vagina".
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

"Private part" does not automatically mean "vagina".
                          So what does it mean then?

Comment

So what does it mean then?
                            "Private part" could encompass the pubic mound, the labia majora, crotch, groin or even anus. The vagina is, specifically, the female private part that's sunk into the body, but it's not the only private part. In the same way, the male's "private parts" include the pubic mound, anus, groin, penis, scrotum and/or testicles. The private parts are, in short, the "naughty bits" that are normally kept hidden from view; it's a euphemistic term which is not specific, nor reserved for one organ in particular.

Taking your lead, and I'm not being facetious, a woman might consider her breasts to be "private parts" as well, but they're already accounted for in Tabram's case.
                            Last edited by Sam Flynn; 11-01-2018, 09:14 AM.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

"Private part" could encompass the pubic mound, the labia majora, crotch, groin or even anus. The vagina is, specifically, the female private part that's sunk into the body, but it's not the only private part. In the same way, the male's "private parts" include the pubic mound, anus, groin, penis, scrotum and/or testicles. The private parts are, in short, the "naughty bits" that are normally kept hidden from view; it's a euphemistic term which is not specific, nor reserved for one organ in particular.

Taking your lead, and I'm not being facetious, a woman might consider her breasts to be "private parts" as well, but they're already accounted for in Tabram's case.
                              Who's laughing now?

Comment

• Wow. You learn something new every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X