• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, fair enough

Comment

• what about my hypothesis them?

Comment

• So what of my original points are incorrect?

Comment

• Almost nobody here reads previous pages,so you're out of luck.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
            So what of my original points are incorrect?
            ive said for years and just again recently the writer of from hell was probably intoxicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ven View Post
              So what of my original points are incorrect?
              Aside from your interpretation of what you think the letters are in the letter which are very much open to debate, the only other thing you theorised was that the writer may not have been drunk when they wrote it - ergo it is real? In a court of law that would probably be classed as hearsay - yours mainly. You need more.
              Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
              JayHartley.com

Comment

• "Mishter" ..... really?

Might have been a deluded drunk pretending to be drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

A thesis on Casebook requires at least 40 pages.
                  20 pages must be an argument between Fish and Trev.
                  10 pages of garbage from Shylock and some Canadian guy.
                  5 pages of "in my opinion"s.
                  Some jokes from Frankenstein's brain and Dr Shoe.
                  Four pages of fact taken from Inquests and some curious newspaper reporting.
                  Best of luck!
                  Very true, but Dr Shoes jokes are funny. So where do you factor in?
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    "Mishter" ..... really?

Might have been a deluded drunk pretending to be drunk.
                    If it is a kind of phonetic writing to create a sound while reading aloud/in the head and it's written to someone specific that sort of thing is usually done to mock the recipient. Like putting 'th' at the end of certain words to mock someone with a lisp.

No idea if George Lusk was noted to have any kind of speech impediment or just a unique tick in his voice but if it was the intention of the writer to mock how he spoke in the letter it may be why the spelling is odd.

Comment

• Lusk's wife inherited money that financed his music hall renovation business.
                      In 1889 he could not pay his Masonic dues.
                      Perhaps he had a drinking problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

i would draw your attention to what I believe to be another genuine JTR letter which is the one which was sent 29th October to Dr Openshaw. The handwriting and style is incredibly similar to the From Hell letter. We also have the envelope with this letter. Plenty of letters to compare with this piece...
                        I can't commit to the articles having been written by the murderer but there are curiosities roaming about the 2 letters that you mentioned:

1. The letter to Dr Openshaw was addressed to London HOSPITAL; inside the letter, the writer spells the word as OSPITLE. Obviously the writer knew the correct spelling. Is this a case of wanting to ensure that the letter arrived at its' intended destination (Hospital) while knowingly duncing the spelling and language of the letter (ospitle)? And could this duncing extend to other correspondences (codding, Sor, prasarved, mishter)
                        2. Between the 2 letters, the writer begins the words "kidney, kidne & kidny" with a standard k. But throughout the rest of the letter, the writer uses the cursive k which resembles an R (as in Lusk, Jack, took, cocked). Is it pure random luck that the writer of the Openshaw letter mimics a nuance of the From Hell letter? Or was the From Hell public knowledge by the time the Openshaw letter was sent... as-in could the scripting be mimicked off of a facsimile or something similar??
                        ​​​​​
                        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                          The letter to Dr Openshaw was addressed to London HOSPITAL; inside the letter, the writer spells the word as OSPITLE.
                          Pathological curator, nonetheless.

Comment

• Sutton was the previous curator.Horrocks took over in 1887.

Here is Sutton's microscope.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                              1. The letter to Dr Openshaw was addressed to London HOSPITAL; inside the letter, the writer spells the word as OSPITLE. Obviously the writer knew the correct spelling. Is this a case of wanting to ensure that the letter arrived at its' intended destination (Hospital) while knowingly duncing the spelling and language of the letter (ospitle)? And could this duncing extend to other correspondences (codding, Sor, prasarved, mishter)
                              I think another option is that the writer looked him up, copied the name, title etc. which is why it’s painstakingly correct.

Comment

• Given it was addressed to

Dr Openshaw
                                Pathological curator
                                London hospital
                                White chapel

where would the writer have looked him up?

Comment

Working...
                                X