X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

End of your tether more like.

Good riddance.
    Come on Harry. Don’t you miss being lectured on the correct processes for historical research? Then again....I take your point
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      That might explain why it took so long before the letters started to arrive in any great numbers Fully five murders (Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddowes) had been committed before "Dear Boss" was published in the papers; in fact, "Dear Boss" itself was only written at the end of September, and the "Saucy Jack" postcard on the same day as, or the day after, the Double Event. Wouldn't the real killer have started gloating sooner?
      Good point Sam.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

That might explain why it took so long before the letters started to arrive in any great numbers Fully five murders (Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddowes) had been committed before "Dear Boss" was published in the papers; in fact, "Dear Boss" itself was only written at the end of September, and the "Saucy Jack" postcard on the same day as, or the day after, the Double Event. Wouldn't the real killer have started gloating sooner?
        dear boss was written after chapman, number two of the C5, and was conceivably his first completely satisfying kill. so the gloating aspect fits well in the series/timeframe IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
          Come on Harry. Don’t you miss being lectured on the correct processes for historical research? Then again....I take your point
          I'm not sure it was even Pierre per se, rather everyone's obsession with humouring him. Especially Dave Orsam. He was the worst.

Comment

I'm not sure it was even Pierre per se, rather everyone's obsession with humouring him. Especially Dave Orsam. He was the worst.
            Aye, their cat fights were a novel in itself

Comment

Going back to the letters, were they written by the same hand, or did each had different authors? This is up there with did the one killer murder the so called canonical five. And we are still at logger heads with each other

Comment

well in Daves defense he was an equal opportunity destroyer, I actually admired his patience and persistence in dismantling pierres absurd claims. and he didn't think it beneath himself to do so either, which is commendable.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post

Aye, their cat fights were a novel in itself
                  more a tiger versus wounded fawn

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                    Going back to the letters, were they written by the same hand, or did each had different authors? This is up there with did the one killer murder the so called canonical five. And we are still at logger heads with each other
                    hi busy yes lets. I think the ripper probably wrote dear boss/saucy jack and from hell. although apparently different in tone and apparent handwriting, I think may be chalked up to from hell was written when he was extremely intoxicated. although that being said, I think theres less of a chance he wrote both then one or the other.

Comment

I think more to the point Sam, it took one (by a journalist perhaps) to be published and plant the idea in the nutters brains that they could have some fun.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post

I think more to the point Sam, it took one (by a journalist perhaps) to be published and plant the idea in the nutters brains that they could have some fun.
                        Inceed, and the fact that it took so long for whoever-it-was to write "From Hell" tells me that it wasn't by the killer.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

I think may be chalked up to from hell was written when he was extremely intoxicated.
                          Whoever wrote "From Hell" seems to have been deliberately affecting a crude hand, so was - or was pretending to be - a different person than the one who wrote to the neat and tidy "Dear Boss" and "Saucy Jack".
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Whoever wrote "From Hell" seems to have been deliberately affecting a crude hand, so was - or was pretending to be - a different person than the one who wrote to the neat and tidy "Dear Boss" and "Saucy Jack".
                            yes perhaps a wasted one-look at the sloppiness, misspellings and large flourishes, slipping into there irish past and one writing to someone directly and personally and not to a formal group like the CNA.

but I see your point, they do seem on the face of it pretty different. if I had to choose over authenticity Id go with from hell over dear boss. mainly because of the kidney.

Comment

by the way wheres Pier... uh rookie detective with his decoded message? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                by the way wheres Pier... uh rookie detective with his decoded message? lol
                                I am in the midst of reviewing my data to reaffirm my findings BEFORE i post anything.

Watch this space

TRD
                                "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Working...
                                X