"Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Other than the Gog and Magog letter and the foolishness that flowed and the 28th inst (or whatever) letter, he hasn't produced a single source.

Wonder if that's because they're non existent
      I think you're probably correct. What amazes me is the extent of the hyperbole. On one thread there was the extravagant claim, "I must have found him!" Following another supposed "major breakthrough." Meanwhile, I notice he failed to reply to my last post on the latest Non Existent Breakthrough thread. Perhaps he's gone into hiding!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
        I think you're probably correct. What amazes me is the extent of the hyperbole. On one thread there was the extravagant claim, "I must have found him!" Following another supposed "major breakthrough." Meanwhile, I notice he failed to reply to my last post on the latest Non Existent Breakthrough thread. Perhaps he's gone into hiding!
        I hope he's gone into hiding
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
          Well let's ask him shall we....

Pierre, when you say "personal sources" are you referring to letters, diaries or memoirs that you have found in "the archives"?
          Pcdunn - you will see I tried to get some clarification but was ignored. Somehow I don't think the explanation is as simple as the one you suggest, but it rarely is with Pierre.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
            I hope he's gone into hiding
            They seek him here, they seek him there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              this would back what Pierre claimed that he found his great discovery while researching something else: possibly a family history or biography of a person he was researching.
              Steve, according to the renowned Scientist and Historian himself, he made his great discovery after reading Sugden's Complete History of Jack the Ripper. Thus, he has told us:

"I read through it and became suspicious of something in the book. Followed that as a clue, found some pieces of data known and unknown and think I now have found the killer."

So it seems to have been a little bit of light reading rather than any actual research that started him off. I used to think he had made a genuine discovery at an archive of some sort but now assume he found the unknown "pieces of data" on the British Newspaper Archive site, or at least somewhere online, as I doubt he has done any 'proper' research at all.

Comment

Steve, according to the renowned Scientist and Historian himself, he made his great discovery after reading Sugden's Complete History of Jack the Ripper. Thus, he has told us:

"I read through it and became suspicious of something in the book. Followed that as a clue, found some pieces of data known and unknown and think I now have found the killer."

So it seems to have been a little bit of light reading rather than any actual research that started him off. I used to think he had made a genuine discovery at an archive of some sort but now assume he found the unknown "pieces of data" on the British Newspaper Archive site, or at least somewhere online, as I doubt he has done any 'proper' research at all.

David,

Before he says you are misquoting him, can I respectfully suggest you give the link to the post itself.

Is it worth rereading Sugden and looking for a name i wonder?
                Seriously doubt it as so many names are in that work.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                  David,

Before he says you are misquoting him, can I respectfully suggest you give the link to the post itself.

Is it worth rereading Sugden and looking for a name i wonder?
                  Seriously doubt it as so many names are in that work.
                  It's #9 in this thread, "How did you get interested in Jack".

General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.

Might be worth re-reading Sugden but you'll have to read it thinking like Pierre which could cause long term health damage.

Comment

• You'll see, incidentally, that he loves to watch horror movies and 'serial killer movies' so I can't help thinking that he gets his ideas from Hollywood rather than Historians.

Comment

It's #9 in this thread, "How did you get interested in Jack".

General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.

Might be worth re-reading Sugden but you'll have to read it thinking like Pierre which could cause long term health damage.
                      Perhaps I should read through your posts David and see which ones of your offensive posts and how many I would like to report to Admin.

Comment

Pcdunn - you will see I tried to get some clarification but was ignored. Somehow I don't think the explanation is as simple as the one you suggest, but it rarely is with Pierre.
                        Of course you are ignored David. That is because of your constant belittling and your offensive posts directed to me and directed to others about me.

Comment

You'll see, incidentally, that he loves to watch horror movies and 'serial killer movies' so I can't help thinking that he gets his ideas from Hollywood rather than Historians.
                          You do not know anything about my personal interests. Stop this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                            Perhaps I should read through your posts David and see which ones of your offensive posts and how many I would like to report to Admin.

David just was rereading posts, I am sure you do that all the time too, he posted something he had found and i asked for the link.

So no need for that tone of reply really is there.

steve

Comment

Of course you are ignored David. That is because of your constant belittling and your offensive posts directed to me and directed to others about me.
                              It only seems to happen when I ask you a question which you have difficulty in answering.

Comment

You do not know anything about my personal interests. Stop this.
                                Of course I do. Because you posted about your personal interests. You said:

"Love to watch horror movies and serial-killer movies and saw the movie with Michael Cane too, among all the other movies. Cane is a brilliant actor."

It's Michael Caine btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X