Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parting

Hello Velma. Thanks.

What if they were parting and she felt like lying down?

Were it not for the defensive wounds, one might think she was overcome and undressed by her assailant.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Velma. Thanks.

Were it not for the defensive wounds, one might think she was overcome and undressed by her assailant.

Cheers.
      LC

That doesn't feel right to me . . .

Combine the two:
      She was undressed. They were parting. that would have made it more than a chat . . .

He overcame her, then no, that doesn't work does it? He wouldn't place her in the back corner of the bed.

Can't picture this . . .

Comment

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"You don't believe he played along until the right moment when her attention turned away from him?"

Can you expand here? What sort of behaviour is taking place here?

"Why would you think he remained dressed, not even removing his coat?"

Well, could be the exposed knife would look threatening.

Cheers.
        LC
        Hi Lynn.

Ok, hypothetically, as Mary is undressed, in her chemise, when murdered, the perpetrator is likely undressed to a similar extent, or at least in his long-johns.
        His "tools" (garotte, knives) were still in his bag, on the side table.

Like I said, hypothetically.
        Regards, Jon S.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• having a lie down

Hello Velma. Thanks.

Yes, unsatisfying. But having a lie down IF sick seems right and proper.

Of course, her nausea may have left her by then.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• sequence

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Do you suppose the bag would have given "MJK" pause?

At any rate, now he has undressed and she is in chemise. Does he try to strangle her? Does he excuse himself and go for the bag? Would she not scream as he approached, knife in hand?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Do you suppose the bag would have given "MJK" pause?

At any rate, now he has undressed and she is in chemise. Does he try to strangle her? Does he excuse himself and go for the bag? Would she not scream as he approached, knife in hand?

Cheers.
              LC
              Hi Lynn.

I'm not clear on what it is you are having difficulty with. We can't possibly know what took place. So can I ask, why do you appear to need a step-by-step on how to kill the one you are alone with?

Would we save any time if you laid out what it is, specifically, that you want to hear.

Regards, Jon S.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• reenactment

Hello Jon. Thanks. Actually, I would like a reenactment. It might dispel some erroneous ideas.

I just cannot imagine a Victorian undressing whilst some bloke is standing there in full dress with a knife under his coat.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

I just cannot imagine a Victorian undressing whilst some bloke is standing there in full dress with a knife under his coat.
                  Lynn, what makes you think he was?

Regards, Jon S.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• alternative

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Well, what is the alternative?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn.

Well simply, what would be the point of her bringing any client back to her room, if they both are not going to use the bed?
                      Even if he was shy she is the one offering a service not him, so he can strip down to his birthday suit if it pleases him, or, only take his boots off.

Trust me, prostitutes meet the weirdest people, just ask one.

I don't see why you would think he remained fully clothes, nor why it would matter if he did.
                      In short, what is the relevance of the question?

Regards, Jon S.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• I think I see what Lynn is getting at here.

He probably kept the knife in his coat pocket concealed, whether he took the coat off or not, until he was ready to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          I think I see what Lynn is getting at here.

He probably kept the knife in his coat pocket concealed, whether he took the coat off or not, until he was ready to use it.
                          Seems eminently plausible to me.
                          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Why the satchel, senor?

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            I think I see what Lynn is getting at here.

Yeah, it seems Lynn is wondering how the knife remains hidden until strike time (while disrobing). I think we all agree he/she had a knife, unless of course it was an American Werewolf in London..

Some appear to think he had a bona fide arsenal of culinary tools and if he did, I guess the parcel or bag comes into play. I would imagine a mysterious parcel wouldn't be a welcome acoutrement during the reign of terror...

I think the conditions of the room suggest a middle of the night stalker more than a benign client but I know I'm in the minority...

Greg

Comment

• Hey folks,

Once again its important to use the facts when making any suppositions, and the facts are that Mary Kelly is never accused by anyone, nor does she admit herself, to taking ANY clients into her room in Millers Court. It would have been impossible with Barnett living there, its clear by his story that if she solicited at all it was "on the streets", just like MS Cox, that leaves 8 nights as possible brothel nights. You can then rule out until the 3rd, because thats when Maria moved out. We also have the night, that same week, when she is seen out with Daniel Barnett. Unless he's a client, she's not soliciting. Then we have this last night, when all we can say with any support in the accepted and believable evidence is that she was last seen, alive and drunk, arriving home, before midnight, with a Blotchy faced companion. How she got drunk when Barnett gave her no money that day...similar to how Kate got drunk without money her last day..is as yet unanswerable, but for its for certain that we do not have any evidence that Mary was even soliciting regularly at all...she was in arrears to the tune of a few weeks rent, she evidently didnt use money Barnett gave her for that debt, my suspicion is that she lived on what he gave her and gratefully accepted some drinks from a casual friend on occasion.

You would think that its a given that she went out again soliciting when reading some of these posts, ... ignoring the preceding facts and the fact that she has the room to stay in despite any arrears and therefore there was no need to solicit when its raining... for her.

As Lynn said, if we have a killer that was granted access to the room ...which is something Ive suggested ad infinitum here, ...then he had the knife on him when he entered the room.

Unless.......heres a twist idea for ya....what if Blotchy let himself out as she dozed off after singing...she wouldnt be shy about being half undressed in front of any man client or not..and he left the knife on the table when he let himself out.

Tells the killer where to find it.

Cheers
                              Last edited by Michael W Richards; 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM.
                              Michael Richards

Comment

• Blotchy Conspiracy

Unless.......heres a twist idea for ya....what if Blotchy let himself out as she dozed off after singing...she wouldnt be shy about being half undressed in front of any man client or not..and he left the knife on the table when he let himself out.

Tells the killer where to find it.
                                Hi Michael,

If Blotchy wanted her dead, why would he not just do the job himself if he had the knife? I don't deny it's possible but I don't see why there's a need for this added complication.
                                Last edited by Bridewell; 01-18-2013, 08:19 PM. Reason: Change Botchy to Blotchy!!
                                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X