A Hypothetical Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

So please tell us how Lamb would have answered the question.
    Pc Lamb: 'Ello 'ello 'ello, is that a pantomime horse?

Horse: Nay!
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Actually, it was the story told by Israel Schwartz which could most reasonably be called a Pantomime.

It didn't fool the contemporary press writers though, unlike the gullible Abberline and most modern Ripperologists.
      Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

A photo of the GSG would have become one of histories most famous photos, but how do you suppose it would have helped, at the time?
        Don't know if it necessarily would but it would end a lot of needless speculation.

Comment

There would be a sure way to stop some, to stop all would be tricky. You would have to pick one that most represents what Jack was about...I vote for Annie, and wait, well armed, for them to arrive that night. If you stop that in time you may well stop Jack completely. I wonder how many other murders might then happen that never did before, and what kinds of murders. Cause people were still going to get murdered in that area during those years, maybe you can save some or all of a Canonical Group, but dozens more would still fall prey to killers. Jack seems to steal the limelight that Fall, which considering the brutal existences lived in that area seems a bit odd...so where were all the gangs and other killers in those neighborhoods from Sept to mid November? Hiatus? To France for some vacation time? Falling asleep too early? Gout?
          Michael Richards

Comment

So please tell us how Lamb would have answered the question.
            I don’t know NBFN but I’d say that just because it possibly/probably wasn’t mentioned after the discovery of the body doesn’t mean that it didn’t exist or that anything suspicious occurred (apart from a murder of course). Maybe Diemschutz got one of the club members to take it to the stable where he kept it, wherever that was? After the crime the cart played no part in the investigation and so the police naturally had no interest in it. I’d have thought it unlikely that Diemschutz would have left it near to the door so maybe he drove if further into the yard. I just think that you’re looking for a mystery here were none exists. I’m not having a dig because you’re exploring all angles NBFN. You're right to do it. I just think that on this particular issue there’s nothing there. Just my opinion of course.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
              Keep a list of the names of all people questioned in any capacity during the course of the investigations, and indicate specifically what it was that eventually led to the opinion no further information was necessary, so that those lists can be compared between cases. So don't just say "their answers were found to be satisfactory", but "inquiries at their place of work were confirmed by their supervisor (name) that they were present between x and y o'clock" type thing.

- Jeff
              Good point Jeff. I’m certainly not a Lechmere proponent but ive often wondered why he wasn’t checked out later on? An unexpected question to a previously exonerated witness might have panicked them into giving a provable false alibi and the net might have tightened?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

A photo of the GSG would have become one of histories most famous photos, but how do you suppose it would have helped, at the time?
                There were two chalked messages at the back of William Bury's residence in Dundee, and there are good reasons to believe that he wrote them. Had the GSG been photographed, we would have been able to compare like to like, chalking to chalking, and it is possible we would have been able to link the handwriting behind Bury's residence to the handwriting in the GSG.

This should be kept in mind whenever someone tries to tell you that photographing the GSG wouldn't have mattered.
                “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
                http://www.williambury.org

Comment

How do we know that Bury wrote it?
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    It said "Bury woz ere '89. Up the Celtic."
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Assuming the handwriting behind Bury’s residence could be linked to the handwriting in the GSG, who do you think would be most likely to be taking a stroll down Goulston Street on the night of the double event: Dundee schoolboys, William Bury or Ellen Bury?

“When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post

Assuming the handwriting behind Bury’s residence could be linked to the handwriting in the GSG, who do you think would be most likely to be taking a stroll down Goulston Street on the night of the double event: Dundee schoolboys, William Bury or Ellen Bury?
                        I’m not disputing that. I was asking what were the good reasons for believing that Bury wrote the chalked messages. Hardly the kind of publicity that we’d expect from someone that hid his wife’s body in a trunk?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’m not disputing that. I was asking what were the good reasons for believing that Bury wrote the chalked messages. Hardly the kind of publicity that we’d expect from someone that hid his wife’s body in a trunk?
                          "Some Handwriting Characteristics of the Princes Street Graffiti"

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post

"Some Handwriting Characteristics of the Princes Street Graffiti"
                            http://williambury.org/blog6/2019/04...reet-graffiti/
                            Seriously?

The lengths that some will go to to shoehorn a suspect into position is simply staggering. We have two pieces of graffiti written in different hands which points to two writers. But hang on, someone says that people sometimes disguise their handwriting when doing graffiti. So apparently either this one was done once in their own hand and one in a disguised hand or maybe, two different disguised handwriting. Why?

“... either William or Ellen Bury could have done this as a means of deflecting suspicion away from themselves.”

Or perhaps they could have found an even better way of deflecting suspicion away? By not writing completely pointless graffiti in the first place.

This was fairly obviously written by kids about an unpleasant local character I’d say.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Seriously?

The lengths that some will go to to shoehorn a suspect into position is simply staggering. We have two pieces of graffiti written in different hands which points to two writers. But hang on, someone says that people sometimes disguise their handwriting when doing graffiti. So apparently either this one was done once in their own hand and one in a disguised hand or maybe, two different disguised handwriting. Why?

“... either William or Ellen Bury could have done this as a means of deflecting suspicion away from themselves.”

Or perhaps they could have found an even better way of deflecting suspicion away? By not writing completely pointless graffiti in the first place.

This was fairly obviously written by kids about an unpleasant local character I’d say.
                              Sadly predictable.

Ignore the facts which suggest that the two messages at the back of Bury’s residence were written by the same person, which you evidently don’t want to face, and cry “shoehorning” instead.

Comment

>>So please tell us how Lamb would have answered the question.<<

Where is he children?

He's behind you!

Oh no he's not.

Yes he is, he's behind you!
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                                X