A Hypothetical Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hypothetical Question.

I’d just be interested in what you would say if you could go back in time and give the police investigating the case one piece of advice/guidance?

Only 2 criteria...

1. You can only use one sentence of reasonable length.

2. You cannot point them in the direction of a particular suspect or theory.

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I’d just be interested in what you would say if you could go back in time and give the police investigating the case one piece of advice/guidance?

Only 2 criteria...

1. You can only use one sentence of reasonable length.

2. You cannot point them in the direction of a particular suspect or theory.

take photos of every male witness(especially the dodgy ones) and viable suspects and show them to other witnesses.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Don't be pussies and take a photo of the GSG.

Comment

Spread some money around the prostitutes. Let it be known that you will pay for useful information.

c.d.

Comment

Create area checkpoints after Annies murder, funnel all local foot traffic through them, using extra constables assigned to cases.
          Michael Richards

Comment

Good suggestions all. The one that I was thinking about was Harry’s about the GSG (whether it would have helped or not, who knows?)

Comment

Protect all case and suspect files, future generations may make more sense of them.

or

Ensure a prolific police presence in spitalfields and Whitechapel from Friday to Sunday, particularly during the small hours.

Considering the Murder locations took place in a such small area would the bottom suggestion have prevented them?
              or would it have changed history and would we be now discussing the Hoxton murders or whatever alternate location he chose?

Comment

Warn them where and when the next murders will happen.
                dustymiller
                aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                  Why didn’t I think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                    And promptly get yourself arrested.
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I would advise them to ask PC Lamb if, on entering the yard at #40 Berner St, or when near the deceased, or when investigating the back yard and surroundings, did he ever come across a pony and cart, and where exactly were they located.
                      Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

I’d have questioned the horse just to check that it wasn’t a pantomime one.

Comment

Keep a list of the names of all people questioned in any capacity during the course of the investigations, and indicate specifically what it was that eventually led to the opinion no further information was necessary, so that those lists can be compared between cases. So don't just say "their answers were found to be satisfactory", but "inquiries at their place of work were confirmed by their supervisor (name) that they were present between x and y o'clock" type thing.

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                            I’d have questioned the horse just to check that it wasn’t a pantomime one.
                            So please tell us how Lamb would have answered the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                              Don't be pussies and take a photo of the GSG.
                              Were they pussies, or did people like Arnold and Warren have an irrational fear of the masses?

A photo of the GSG would have become one of histories most famous photos, but how do you suppose it would have helped, at the time?

Comment

Working...
                              X