Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Films (lists up to participating site members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither, Jeff. They would go away and practise because one of the jurymen would tell them that they were holding their spears the wrong way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Neither, Jeff. They would go away and practise because one of the jurymen would tell them that they were holding their spears the wrong way.
      So funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
        Films I never get tired of watching, in no particular order...

The Ipcress File
        Zulu
        The Dambusters
        Random Harvest
        Midnight in Paris
        Green for Danger
        12 Angry Men
        10 Rillington Place
        Goldfinger
        You Only Live Twice
        On Her Majesty's Secret Service
        A Night to Remember
        Theatre of Blood
        Champagne Charlie
        The Ladykillers
        South Pacific
        Oliver
        Camelot
        Carry on Screaming
        The Odessa File
        Some Like it Hot
        Withnail and I
        Carve Her Name with Pride
        Life of Brian
        Rebecca
        Vertigo
        The Lady Vanishes [Michael Redgrave version]
        Ice Cold in Alex
        Play Misty For Me
        The Damned United

Love,

Caz
        X
        Hi Caz
        Theatre of blood is in the Corman/poe/price series of movies which also includes the Raven, correct?

Have you seen the Raven or the others? which is the best of that series?
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Who liked the vomit scene in the restaurant in "The Meaning of Life"?

Comment

• Did you have to bring that up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              Hi Caz
              Theatre of blood is in the Corman/poe/price series of movies which also includes the Raven, correct?

Have you seen the Raven or the others? which is the best of that series?
              Theatre of Blood was not in the Corman Poe series, but is a Vincent Price masterpiece....The Raven is by far the funniest of the Corman Poe series....but Witchfinder General is probably the "best" as far as film goes...but I love all of them.....Masque of Red Death is also a great one where Price is particular creepy..

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                Theatre of Blood was not in the Corman Poe series, but is a Vincent Price masterpiece....The Raven is by far the funniest of the Corman Poe series....but Witchfinder General is probably the "best" as far as film goes...but I love all of them.....Masque of Red Death is also a great one where Price is particular creepy..

Steadmund Brand
                The last shot of "The Pit and the Pendulum" is perhaps the most hopeless and creepy I've ever seen in any film.

Love the Raven (Corman's, though I also like the one with Karloff and Lugosi in the 1930s), but "Comedy of Terrors" has some lovely moments in it, like a beatific looking Price listening to his wife singing, "He is but sleeping!" and telling another on-looker (without changing his facial look) he's hoping her vocal chords snap!

Jeff

Comment

• My favourite Price scene has to be the wine-tasting with Peter Lorre.

Comment

• Oh I also love the Raven with Lugosi and Karloff...but not as much as The Black Cat....possibly the greatest classic horror film ever made....Lugosi at the end is simply AMAZING....really shows his acting chops...a very dark film,especially for it's time!!!

Steadmund Brand
                    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• One Price film that isn't often mentioned - perhaps because he only appears in linking segments - is The Monster Club. If I remember correctly this has a funny middle story by R Chetwynd Hayes.

Comment

• Price and John Carradine in Monster Club.....I love that film....three tales of horror, plus the two Masters linking the stories from the Monster Club....a night club for monsters.....with musical performances including one by B A Robertson ( yes the same B A Robertson who wrote The Living Years for Mike and The Mechanics!!)....very underrated film Robert, I agree!!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post

Steadmund Brand
                          Thanks Steadmund-I need to check them out.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Did anyone see the recent movie-The Raven-with john Cusak as Poe?

I thought its a pretty good thriller.and I love bitter sweet endings.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                              Did anyone see the recent movie-The Raven-with john Cusak as Poe?

I thought its a pretty good thriller.and I love bitter sweet endings.
                              I thought that was s brilliant. The looks and feel was spot on.
                              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                Did you have to bring that up?

Comment

Working...
                                X