Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Films (lists up to participating site members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert
    replied
    An English ventriloquist called Ray Alan told the story of how as a very young man he'd appeared in the same show as Stan and Ollie. He was near the bottom of the bill so his room was near the top of the building. One evening there was a knock on his door and Ollie came in. Ollie asked him if he'd please sign his book, explaining that he asked all the people he worked with to sign it. The thing that struck Alan was that he himself was a comparative nobody, and yet Ollie, whose health was none too good, had walked up all the stairs with his bad legs just to get his autograph.

Leave a comment:

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
    Wow, you got a Flynn autograph. I have a Robert Taylor. I also managed to get one of George Arliss and one of Lana Turner.

Jeff
    Nice!!! I have a Lana Turner, but do not have a Taylor or Arliss!! that's awesome....

Some of my classic Hollywood are Flynn, Turner, Jimmy Stewart, Rod Steiger, Lauren Bacall, Kim Novak, Eli Wallach, Anthony Quinn, Robert Wise, Frank Capra Sr., Bob Hope, Jackie Gleason, George Burns, Estelle Taylor, Phil Silvers, Ernie Kovacs, Sid Caesar, Jonathan Winters, Steve Allen, Groucho, Zeppo, Chico and Harpo Marx (all separate pieces), Jack Webb, I have all three Boston Blackie (Chester Morris-Film, Kent Taylor- TV and Dick Kollmar- Radio!! Bit of a Boston Blackie fan as you can tell)... and way too many more, those are just some off the top of my head....Been collecting far too long hahah.. my Apt. is nicknamed " the museum" as most of what I have is framed and displayed...ever wall is covered, even the kitchen

Steadmund Brand

Leave a comment:

• Mayerling
    replied
    Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    Ahhhh good ole' In The Wake of the Bounty.....with Mr. Flynn....was an Australian film I believe ( early 30's if memory serves)....Now I have to say again, one of my prized possessions is my Errol Flynn Autograph.....yep I am a big nerdy autograph collector....and my Flynn is one of my favorites....but remember I am an honorary Aussie (Just ask my Aussie twin GUT)....
    Classic Hollywood is one of my autograph obsessions (Boxing and classic Baseball being the other two main ones...I do collect other stuff as well but mostly those three categories) are there any other Autograph collectors out there......

Steadmund Brand
    Wow, you got a Flynn autograph. I have a Robert Taylor. I also managed to get one of George Arliss and one of Lana Turner.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post
    About 17 minutes survives.
    Largely filmed in Heidelberg,Melbourne.

Burke Road Bridge on the border where I went swimming as a child.
    Photo taken ~ 21 years after the movie.
    Links malfunctioning. Just Google "Burke Road Bridge".

This is a bridge in Gut's neck of the woods

"They Died With Their Boots On" co starred an Australian.

One of the earliest Academy Award winners was filmed on which North Queensland island?
    That's not a bridge it's a real big coat hanger.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Drinking Fosters does not count.
    Even NSW has fallen for that one
    But you haven't seen the photos.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    Ahhh remember I am an honorary Aussie (Just ask my Aussie twin GUT)....

Steadmund Brand
    Drinking Fosters does not count.
    Even NSW has fallen for that one

Leave a comment:

• Steadmund Brand
    replied
    Ahhhh good ole' In The Wake of the Bounty.....with Mr. Flynn....was an Australian film I believe ( early 30's if memory serves)....Now I have to say again, one of my prized possessions is my Errol Flynn Autograph.....yep I am a big nerdy autograph collector....and my Flynn is one of my favorites....but remember I am an honorary Aussie (Just ask my Aussie twin GUT)....
    Classic Hollywood is one of my autograph obsessions (Boxing and classic Baseball being the other two main ones...I do collect other stuff as well but mostly those three categories) are there any other Autograph collectors out there......

Steadmund Brand

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    "The Square Peg" had a good cast.

Which one is credited with introducing Errol Flynn to acting?

Edit: Crikey Honor Blackman is 90!
    Last edited by DJA; 07-10-2016, 04:37 PM. Reason: 90

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    The Australian (specifically Tasmanian) was also an early portrayer of what famous mutineer?

Jeff
    GUT and I will leave that up to others.
    Interesting documentary with very modern ramifications.
    Last edited by DJA; 07-10-2016, 03:53 PM. Reason: very

Leave a comment:

• Mayerling
    replied

One of the earliest Academy Award winners was filmed on which North Queensland island?
    The Australian (specifically Tasmanian) was also an early portrayer of what famous mutineer?

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    In your neck of the woods GUT - it was "The Story of the Kelly Gang". Unfortunately only about 2/3 of the total survives (about forty minutes).

A crime drama, it is about Ned and his friends - not about poor Mary.

Jeff

This is a bridge in Gut's neck of the woods

Last edited by DJA; 07-10-2016, 10:59 AM. Reason: Wrong link. New one also malfunctioning :(

Leave a comment:

• Mayerling
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Hi Jeff

Hi Robert,

Died with their shoes on?
    Err, "Boots". Caught on that one.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Mayerling
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    All you movie nuts, know where the first feature film was made I presume?
    In your neck of the woods GUT - it was "The Story of the Kelly Gang". Unfortunately only about 2/3 of the total survives (about forty minutes).

A crime drama, it is about Ned and his friends - not about poor Mary.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• mucher1
    replied
    I re-watched "Shadow of a Doubt" the other day, and noticed something funny in the opening scene. The bills on the floor are not US currency, but Mexican one Peso bills, just like this one:

http://www.cdncoin.com/product-p/400165973.htm
    Last edited by mucher1; 07-10-2016, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    All you movie nuts, know where the first feature film was made I presume?
    Melbourne

Leave a comment:

Working...
X