True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the oldest picture in my top 25.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Of course a true crime move doesn't have to include a murder but all the ones on my list do.

Stan Reid

Comment

• That's just me. I know many like movies about the likes of D.B Cooper and such.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Did anyone see the Drew Peterson movie tonight - any good?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            That's just me. I know many like movies about the likes of D.B Cooper and such.
            I like "caper" movies of all kinds, fictional and "based on true events".

But usually the "true" caper movies are so fictionalized that however good they are (The Great Train Robbery is one of my favourite movies ever), it's kind of hard to consider them really "true crime" movies.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• My favorite true caper movie is Fool's Gold about Brink's-MAT. It has some killing it also though.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Honeymoon Killers was pretty good.

I see someone mentioned a movie named Swoon about Leopold and Loeb, never saw it but would like to. Really liked Compulsion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                  Honeymoon Killers was pretty good.

I see someone mentioned a movie named Swoon about Leopold and Loeb, never saw it but would like to. Really liked Compulsion.
                  Those are all good and in my top 102.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Coming out on the 14 May 2012.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71M8OiIfT8L__AA1417_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	663452

Directed by Ian Merrick, this intelligent crime drama charts the infamous killing spree which Donald Neilson, aka The Black Panther, perpetrated across England during the mid-70s, culminating in the kidnapping and murder of a 17-year old girl.

Told with uncommon accuracy and refraining from any measure of sensationalism, this fascinating and disturbing film fell foul of a media-driven campaign upon its original cinema release which resulted in an effective ban.

Now newly mastered from original film elements preserved at the BFI National Archive, this impressive and powerful film is at long last made available for new audiences. The Dual Format Edition also includes Bob… more » Bentley's intelligent 1981 short film, Recluse, which is based on reports of another real life crime, as an extra, as well as an extensive booklet with contextualising essays, full credits and original promotional materials.
                    (from advertising materials)

Rob

Comment

Thrilling 35:

35-Ed Gein (2001-U.S.-1:28) The same said Wisconsin serial killer

34-The Black Panther (1977-U.K.-1:30) British arch-criminal Donald Neilson

33-Swoon (1991-U.S.-1:35) Black and white rendition of Leopold and Loeb

32-The Deadly Tower (1975-U.S.-1:33) Charles Whitman's murder spree

31-In Broad Daylight (1991-U.S.-1:30) Unsolved murder of town bully Ken Rex McElroy
                      Thanks Rob

Stan Reid

Comment

• Not sure if it really counts, but I saw "Notorious" yesterday--a biopic about Notorious B.I.G.

Considering I have zero interest in either rap in general or Biggie Smalls in particular, it was a pretty good movie.

Comment

• Is his murder a major part of the film Magpie?

Stan Reid

Comment

Is his murder a major part of the film Magpie?
                            It starts and ends the movie, more or less.

It deals with the tensions leading up to the murder, but doesn't really dwell on the murder itself.

Comment

• OK Magpie - thanks for the tip.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hopefully the HBO Borden miniseries will warrant mention.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X