No announcement yet.

escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait....what... I can get all kinds of watches and chocolate there to get to my ladies.... I'm in.....can I get there on a motorcycle?

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      wait....what... I can get all kinds of watches and chocolate there to get to my ladies.... I'm in.....can I get there on a motorcycle?

Steadmund Brand
      If I make the tunnel big enough.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Plurality

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
        wait....what... I can get all kinds of watches and chocolate there to get to my ladies.... I'm in.....can I get there on a motorcycle?

Steadmund Brand
        '...my ladies..' How many ya got, darlin?
        From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
        "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Vote?

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          You heard folks, change of plan the tunnel is now going to Switzerland.
          Was that put to a vote that I missed? Is it because I'm just a cadet or there's a problem because I'm from Louisiana & we are considered in-bred ijits by some, or what? I don't remember a vote. My hubs has relatives there. I don't wanna go to Switzerland. I can't do cold, just a swamp bunny. how will that affect GUT with his spoon?
          "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
            '...my ladies..' How many ya got, darlin?
            well....let's see......hmmmm... too many... I'm tellin ya.. it's not easy being the American hero in this escape... Amanda and her gals are a bit needy

Tell them i'm on my way with all the goodies Amanda... and this weekend will be special... it's July 4th!!!! (U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A)

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Was that put to a vote that I missed? Is it because I'm just a cadet or there's a problem because I'm from Louisiana & we are considered in-bred ijits by some, or what? I don't remember a vote. My hubs has relatives there. I don't wanna go to Switzerland. I can't do cold, just a swamp bunny. how will that affect GUT with his spoon?
              No votes in this mans army.

Besides as I'm the only one gigging we go where I say we go.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Tyranny

Originally posted by GUT View Post

The Cult of Personality...the Tyranny of the One..that be you

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post

Quit "gigging" and get to "digging", man!
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

• Gigging

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                    Quit "gigging" and get to "digging", man!
                    Just so you'll know, in the Deeep South, gigging means 'giggin for frogs.'
                    Sha 'ti bébé

Comment

Just so you'll know, in the Deeep South, gigging means 'giggin for frogs.'
                      Sha 'ti bébé
                      Pick on my rotten typing.
                      G U T

Comment

• To most people I know gigging would mean playing music at a performance of some sort.
                        G U T

Comment

Well Rosemary let's see if I can explain it for you:

I'm actually 'The General' in charge of the mission (that didn't go to vote either), so I try to co-ordinate the mission, arrange supplies and keep the brigade in order. However:
                          Gut pretty much has a mind of his own & it's useless to try to control him, besides he's the number one 'digger' around here, albeit very slow digging due to him using a teaspoon, the man is awfully useful.
                          Steadmund is the charmer of the pack, but he does go where we tell him, arranges the goodies that we need and treats every day as if it's his birthday
                          Pinkmoon is a bit of a mystery, never around when you need him, full of excuses that he's been kidnapped by some dragon (have you ever heard such a tale!) and then when he does show up he's like a headless chicken, always good for a joke or two though
                          PCDunn & Mayerling pop in from time to time, usually with a few fresh ideas & books, mmm, for some reason they've always got books
                          Cissy and the girls are holed up in an attic in a France, working for the resistance (think they're trying to resist Steady's charms more than anything!)

So there you have it! As a new cadet, your mission will be to do the ironing. Might seem like a trivial task for now but I'm a Brit & a stickler for trouser pleats
                          Oh, and Switzerland, well....Gut wants to go, so I guess we're all going!

Amanda (aka The General)

Comment

• Hey wasn't my idea to go Swiss some bloke called WhereIsMyMind said it was Switzerland so I just changed direction.

By the way in just 111 days I'm going AWOL "SHE" says a holiday calls.
                            G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Hey wasn't my idea to go Swiss some bloke called WhereIsMyMind said it was Switzerland so I just changed direction.

By the way in just 111 days I'm going AWOL "SHE" says a holiday calls.
                              Permission for leave granted Gut.

Don't forget to send the troops the customary postcard from your travels.
                              Oh, and don't forget to take tea rations with you (those foreign places don't know how to make a decent cuppa old chap).

I actually think Switzerland might be a good place to set up HQ. With all those cuckoo clocks Pinkmoon will never be late, the chocolate will ensure Steady has a constant stream of ladies hanging off his arm, and while they're busy you & I can dig a tunnel under the bank & help ourselves to a bit of gold bullion.
                              Ooh, and Rosemary, she'll make a good lookout & can drive the getaway cart.

Amanda

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                                Permission for leave granted Gut.

Don't forget to send the troops the customary postcard from your travels.
                                Oh, and don't forget to take tea rations with you (those foreign places don't know how to make a decent cuppa old chap).
                                Thank you Herr General. I don't drink tea so I am safe but SHE will have about 100 different types.

We aren't going anywhere really foreign, one day in Bali a few in NZ the rest in Aus, but on a ship.

I actually think Switzerland might be a good place to set up HQ. With all those cuckoo clocks Pinkmoon will never be late, the chocolate will ensure Steady has a constant stream of ladies hanging off his arm, and while they're busy you & I can dig a tunnel under the bank & help ourselves to a bit of gold bullion.
                                Ooh, and Rosemary, she'll make a good lookout & can drive the getaway cart.

Amanda
                                Now there's an idea, but I bet HERSELF wants it spent on another cruise.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X