Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As was indicated above, it’s pretty much been established that Trump was hit by either a piece of glass or some other debris. An AR-15 bullet is going to cause serious damage when it hits someone. You also tend to bleed more from head wounds. They patched him up pretty quickly, so this tells me that this was likely a small abrasion that didn’t require stitches and that he’s probably had a tetanus shot already.

Of course Trump is going to milk this for everything he can. I would ignore him since he’s a less than reliable narrator. I do think there was some incompetence on the part of the Secret Service and we will hear about that, though.

Comment

• Of course a bullet is going to cause damage, its clear though he was just slightly nicked. Surely if that's the case if a moving bullet very slightly nicks/grazes a slightly flexible object then the damage could be quite minimal.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
        This is an interesting graphic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Butler14.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	838457

However, the aerial shots of Crooks body show him at the other end of that building, where he may have been obscured from the northern pair of snipers. A line towards Trump from the location of the body would seem to put both bleachers on his line of fire. The first three shots sound different, to me, than the other five, but the alignment shown on the diagram does fit better with the direction of Trump's head at the time. But Crooks didn't have time to change position. Was there a second gunman on the roof of the building behind?

Cheer, George
        It also appears to be incorrect on the location of the gunman. The dot should be approximately where the "n" in "gunman" is.
        "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
          This is an interesting graphic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n838457[/ATTACH]

However, the aerial shots of Crooks body show him at the other end of that building, where he may have been obscured from the northern pair of snipers. A line towards Trump from the location of the body would seem to put both bleachers on his line of fire. The first three shots sound different, to me, than the other five, but the alignment shown on the diagram does fit better with the direction of Trump's head at the time. But Crooks didn't have time to change position. Was there a second gunman on the roof of the building behind?

Cheer, George​

It also appears to be incorrect on the location of the gunman. The dot should be approximately where the "n" in "gunman" is.
          Isn't that what I pointed out?
          The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• For those who are still interested, I would commend these two videos as indicators of what may have actually happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVn_56UcCIc&ab_channel=TheFieldCraftSurviv alChannel

In this in-depth Donald Trump shooting analysis, Jeff Ostroff walks you through a thorough and detailed analysis of the attempted assassination of former Pre...

There is another technical video that details the ballistics, and the view the shooter would have had through his chosen weapon, which I hesitate to nominate, as I find the ghoulish attempts at humour of these galahs to be reprehensible and in no way indicative of the thought patterns of responsible shooters. WARNING! Anyone who is at all squeamish should not watch the last part of this video where there is a simulation of the effect of the police sniper's shot on Crooks (and the effect on Trump had he been hit in the cartilage between the ear and the skull) ...suffice to just watch the result of a shot that might have clipped Trump's ear and stop there. MODERATORS please decide whether this link should be removed.

Today we use ballistic data and high speed imagery to put to be some of the myths and conspiracy theories around the attempted assassination of Donald Trump....

Having watched the new information in these videos I can only conclude that Crooks was the only shooter and acted alone, as no one would engage this poor shot with a poor choice of weapon to either promulgate a staged event or to actually attempt to assassinate Trump.
            Last edited by GBinOz; 07-21-2024, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• So Trump has released a "medical" statement from a no longer registered doctor who happens to be a republican Senator.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Butler22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	838530

According to this document, the wound was 2 cm wide and located "less than a quarter of an inch from entering the head". So a hole nearly an inch wide and only a quarter on an inch from his head?

I am unable to reconcile this description with the photographs of the "wounds", and it seems to be obvious that he has resorted to a report from a minion rather than the actual physicians that treated his injuries. I wonder, do they think everyone is as stupid as their fearless leader?
              Last edited by GBinOz; 07-21-2024, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
                I am unable to reconcile this description with the photographs of the "wounds", and it seems to be obvious that he has resorted to a report from a minion rather than the actual physicians that treated his injuries. I wonder, do they think everyone is as stupid as their fearless leader?
                This is precisely the discussion I had with Celee, a Trump supporter, on this forum about 4 years ago. And now, 4 years later, I am still none the wiser if Trump really is this stupid, or if he assumes that everyone else is stupid (which in turn would suggest that he is stupid).

This is the same thing that he did in 2016. He had his gastroento-something-ist wrote up a letter which sounded like total bollox and was later confirmed by that doctor that he basically pulled it out of his arse....

btw, we have never seen Trump's cognitive test that he apparently "aced". He keep talking about it but he never released it. We all know why. And trumpers also know why but they don't care. The while thing is a clown show.
                Last edited by Svensson; 07-21-2024, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post

This is precisely the discussion I had with Celee, a Trump supporter, on this forum about 4 years ago. And now, 4 years later, I am still none the wiser if Trump really is this stupid, or if he assumes that everyone else is stupid (which in turn would suggest that he is stupid).

This is the same thing that he did in 2016. He had his gastroento-something-ist wrote up a letter which sounded like total bollox and was later confirmed by that doctor that he basically pulled it out of his arse....

btw, we have never seen Trump's cognitive test that he apparently "aced". He keep talking about it but he never released it. We all know why. And trumpers also know why but they don't care. The while thing is a clown show.
                  Hi Svensson,

Jackson, AKA the Candyman for his propensity to hand out un-prescribed Fentanyl, described Trump as weighing 205 lbs, and claimed that Trump would live to be 200, and was the healthiest president in history. High praise indeed. BTW, clowns all over the world are objecting to your inclusion of Trump among their ranks.

Cheers, George

Comment

• Biden stepping down.

Join Tousi TV+ https://www.tousi.tvSponsored by TAD Media (https://tadmedia.co.uk/). Definitely check them out if you need website design or development. ...

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      Biden stepping down.
                      Biden withdrawing from the 2024 presidential race, not stepping down.

Comment

I suspect Trump is probably smart enough - just - to have worked out by now that he can influence the stupidest people with virtually no effort on his part, but trying the same trick on the smarter ones is a waste of time and way beyond even his own super powers of persuasion.

Love,

Caz
                        X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Many of his supporters may indeed be stupid, but I don't think that explains Trump or Trumpism.

He knows his supporters hate the same things and the same people that he hates, so he knows that he doesn't need to sound either logical or accurate. He can act the part of the buffoon and they will still love him, the same way Mussolini mugged and acting like a buffoon to adoring crowds.

Indeed, saying illogical and nonsensical things is part of the appeal. "I can say stupid $%# and you'll still applaud and there's nothing anyone can do about it." It's an understood contract between he and his supporters.

It's similar to what Jean-Paul Satre wrote about anti-Semitism.

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert."

Personally, I think that explains Trump better than mere stupidity. He knows windmills don't cause cancer, and he knows his followers don't care if windmills kill birds.

But he says it all anyway, because he also knows his followers will clap and nod their heads and laugh, because he knows they hate "green energy" because they hate the left and they hate scientists, and they hate the tech industry, and they hate do-gooders.

There is also stupidity, but it is incidental.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

I suspect Trump is probably smart enough - just - to have worked out by now that he can influence the stupidest people with virtually no effort on his part....
                            On the contrary Caz, Trump exclaimed "oh, how I love the uneducated", when he first threw his hat in the ring in 2016.
                            He's always known he can manipulate the most ignorant members of society, which was recognised by Hilary Clinton as the "deplorables".
                            She was right, but as is often the case when one speaks the truth it hurts, and she was ridiculed by wokists for it.

One of his problems in his first term was the "deplorables" who supported him had a distinct hatred for Jews, which he tried to redirect towards Muslims, in his attempt to ban them from entering the US.
                            Trump has Jewish blood in his family that he must defend, which we will see how he handles it this time.

He has already said he will finish the Wall, that he agree's that females should be punished for getting pregnant out of wedlock, that he intends to be the last President, making the US into a dictatorship and apparently, grooming Baron for the job in the future.

Politics isn't boring anymore, but it is getting potentially more dangerous.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Biden withdrawing from the 2024 presidential race, not stepping down.

American voters react to Biden stepping down

https://youtu.be/Pp_TKf5cDM4

Americans react to Biden's withdrawal

https://youtu.be/ZNlxZdLRMLE

Is the glass half full, or half empty?
                              Last edited by Wickerman; 07-22-2024, 07:18 PM.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

On the contrary Caz, Trump exclaimed "oh, how I love the uneducated", when he first threw his hat in the ring in 2016.
                                He's always known he can manipulate the most ignorant members of society, which was recognised by Hilary Clinton as the "deplorables".
                                She was right, but as is often the case when one speaks the truth it hurts, and she was ridiculed by wokists for it.

One of his problems in his first term was the "deplorables" who supported him had a distinct hatred for Jews, which he tried to redirect towards Muslims, in his attempt to ban them from entering the US.
                                Trump has Jewish blood in his family that he must defend, which we will see how he handles it this time.

He has already said he will finish the Wall, that he agree's that females should be punished for getting pregnant out of wedlock, that he intends to be the last President, making the US into a dictatorship and apparently, grooming Baron for the job in the future.

Politics isn't boring anymore, but it is getting potentially more dangerous.
                                I wouldn't disagree with you, Jon, but putting it more simply, if Trump is right to believe that the majority of people in America are uneducated enough to fall for whatever crap he claims to stand for, then he will have the majority eating out of his hand.

At the risk of being called sexist, I would like to think that the women remaining in his fan club over the coming months will be vastly outnumbered by the men.
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X