This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

The AR15 uses a 55 gr projectile and at 100 yards it is moving at around 2800 ft/sec with an energy of around 1000 ft-lbs (one ft-lb is the energy transferred upon applying a force of one pound-force through a linear displacement of one foot.). In its military application a solid projectile is used, designed to neutralise, but not necessarily kill its target. A dead man lies on the field of battle, but a wounded man generally removes 2 to 3 other men to carry him behind the line with the accompanying demoralisation due to the blood and the screaming. When hunting rounds (hollow points) are used in the AR15 there is a catastrophic explosion when the projectile encounters resistance such as the harder cartilage attaching the ear to the head. Had Trump been hit by a hunting round as shown in the second illustration the release of energy would not have left him in any condition to enact his theatrics.

Cheers, George
    I agree - I only posted the image for the sake of the brain-joke.

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
      Lo and behold, the return of the magic bullet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Butler5.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	838126

This is purported to be the trail of the bullet that hit the top of Trump's right ear.

Cheers, George
      The picture was taken from on the ground in front of the stage, looking upwards at Trump. That makes the bullet look lower than it would have in a picture taken horizontally, level with Trump. There's nothing magic about this bullet.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post
        The picture was taken from on the ground in front of the stage, looking upwards at Trump. That makes the bullet look lower than it would have in a picture taken horizontally, level with Trump. There's nothing magic about this bullet.
        I honestly can't see it being the same bullet, after all if it's the bullet that hit him it's not that 'far' behind him. I suspect that it's a different one. Regardless I could not give a **** so I do not even know why I'm commenting haha...

Comment

The camera isn't that much lower. It's practically horizontal. The bullet, however, is very much lower. And if the bullet is supposed to be a head's width from his left ear, then it clearly does not fly by the top of his right ear. But, as GBinOz has pointed out, Trump wasn't actually struck by the bullet. Can't have been. The tip of his ear must have been hit by debris, eg. a glass shard, sent flying by the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            The camera isn't that much lower. It's practically horizontal. The bullet, however, is very much lower. And if the bullet is supposed to be a head's width from his left ear, then it clearly does not fly by the top of his right ear. But, as GBinOz has pointed out, Trump wasn't actually struck by the bullet. Can't have been. The tip of his ear must have been hit by debris, eg. a glass shard, sent flying by the bullet.
            Where was the glass?

Comment

The camera isn't that much lower. It's practically horizontal.
              Follow the link I shared. It shows the actual height the shot was made from and the uncropped picture, which clearly show the picture was taken at an upward angle. To get a near horizontal shot, the photographer would have had to b about 12 feet tall.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Where was the glass?
                There are screens of bulletproof glass on all sides. A bullet could knock loose tiny fragments. It could also be debris from any object in the proximity.

Comment

Follow the link I shared. It shows the actual height the shot was made from and the uncropped picture, which clearly show the picture was taken at an upward angle. To get a near horizontal shot, the photographer would have had to b about 12 feet tall.
                  It doesn't load. That is to say, it keeps loading in perpetuity.
                  As for the camera angle, the further away on the X-axis, the more horizontal the shot is going to be. Also, the Secret Service agents behind Trump are not offset downwards like that bullet allegedly is, even though they are farther behind Trump than the bullet's supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

I honestly can't see it being the same bullet, after all if it's the bullet that hit him it's not that 'far' behind him. I suspect that it's a different one. Regardless I could not give a **** so I do not even know why I'm commenting haha...
                    I can only say that the photographer, Doug Mills, presented the sequence of photos show below as depicting the bullet that allegedly hit Trump:
                    Metadata: Sony a1 with a 24mm 1.4 GM, aperture 1.4, ISO 50, 1/8000 sec, 30 fps

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mills-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.8 KB ID:	838236

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mills-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.7 KB ID:	838232

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mills-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.6 KB ID:	838233

I need to correct my previous error when I stated that I couldn't see blood on Trump's hand. The third photo clearly shows blood on his right hand.

In the following photo the wounded ear can be seen. I have added a zoom in on the relevant area.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mills-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.8 KB ID:	838234

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mills-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.0 KB ID:	838235

From a different photo:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Butler7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.9 KB ID:	838237

There appears to be damage to the edge of the ear, and to the cartilage where the ear joins the head. Trump categorically stated that he was hit by a bullet. IMO neither apparent wound seems sufficiently severe to have been inflicted by a 5.56 hunting round. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of the physician that treated the wound(s).
                    Last edited by GBinOz; 07-18-2024, 01:41 AM.
                    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

I have come across a sharper photograph of the wound(s):

Name:	Butler8.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	838239

Name:	Butler9.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	838240

There appears to be blood emerging from a wound in the cartilage joining the ear to the head. There also appear to be glass fragments in that area. To reiterate, if a 5.56 hunting projectile had hit in this area, IMO there would have been extensive damage to the side of the head.

Cheers, George

Comment

That wound is caused by either a shard of glass and/or a ricochet, possibly a small projectile.

Any wound from a bullet of any considerable velocity; ergo, from a rilfe, would have caused extensive damage and obliterated the side of his head.

Regardless, he has now won the election before its even started.

A perfect piece of drama to win the day.

We are all doomed

RD
                        Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 07-18-2024, 07:32 AM.
                        "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

There are screens of bulletproof glass on all sides. A bullet could knock loose tiny fragments. It could also be debris from any object in the proximity.
                          There wasn't looking at the videos I've seen. Two prompt screens but they remained in tact. Where was these bullet proof screens?

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	838247

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
                            That wound is caused by either a shard of glass and/or a ricochet, possibly a small projectile.

Any wound from a bullet of any considerable velocity; ergo, from a rilfe, would have caused extensive damage and obliterated the side of his head.

Regardless, he has now won the election before its even started.

A perfect piece of drama to win the day.

We are all doomed

RD
                            Trump supporters were going to vote Trump anyway, and no Democrat or independent is going to change their vote over this. The only ones who might be swayed are Republicans who have had enough of Trump and were considering sitting this one out, but this is going to depend on how Trump and his cronies behave in the coming months - no one is going to vote Trump out of sympathy.

Comment

​Too soon?

Name:	image.png
Views:	78
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	838252
                              Last edited by Tel; 07-18-2024, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Any wound from a bullet of any considerable velocity; ergo, from a rifle, would have caused extensive damage and obliterated the side of his head.

RD
                                Hi RD,

Are you suggesting that Trump may have lied???.....Who would have thought?

Cheers, George

Comment

Working...
                                X