This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
    I've read the shooter was identified by a rapid tracing of the rifle, which was owned by the shooter's father. He was a registered Republican at the time, but prior to that had some links to supporting the Democrats? Basically, probably not someone strongly connected with either party, rather someone who didn't feel strongly connected to any particular part but rather someone who felt disconnected from everything. Generalised anger towards society and so targeting someone who many strongly support would be part of their motivation I bet. If you take down someone who is idolized by many you can extract revenge for your own sense of being rejected by inflicting damage on a large number of people (take away their idol). As more becomes known about the shooter, I suspect we will see they are a typical loner, who felt rejected by all, and so in their mind this was their moment in the sun - a chance to become "known". While there might be some writings where a political motive is mentioned, even that will just be a mask for their own sense of inadequacy, or their belief they have not received the recognition they believe they deserved. Latching on to various political ideologies, particular extreme ones, is not uncommon for those who feel they are being unjustly ignored. What also tends to be found is that they are being rejected by others because their beliefs, and actions, are in truth extreme, selfish, and unpleasant to be around. They blame others for not accepting their unacceptable actions.

- Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Sounds very much like my view of Lee Harvey Oswald, who, I suspect, would be spinning in his grave to see all the 'glory' shooting out in every other direction but towards himself, for taking out JFK - who was popular and unpopular in equal measure.

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

Hi Jeff,

Sounds very much like my view of Lee Harvey Oswald, who, I suspect, would be spinning in his grave to see all the 'glory' shooting out in every other direction but towards himself, for taking out JFK - who was popular and unpopular in equal measure.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Hi Caz,

I agree. Lee Harvey Oswald, with his fantasies about becoming glorified by Cuba and Russia, were sort of what I refer to as his "abstract violence" against society. When that didn't win him the recognition he believed he deserved, he moved on to more physical measures.

- Jeff

Comment

The USA is obviously going through a tough period where they have a serious skills shortage. You can’t even find a decent assassin these days.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
          The USA is obviously going through a tough period where they have a serious skills shortage. You can’t even find a decent assassin these days.
          That's a problem with many conspiracy theories. They supposedly have infinite power and money when it comes to hiding evidence and suppressing witnesses, but they always go cheap on the shooter and the weapon.
          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

That's a problem with many conspiracy theories. They supposedly have infinite power and money when it comes to hiding evidence and suppressing witnesses, but they always go cheap on the shooter and the weapon.
            Couldn’t agree more Fiver.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Baldwin would not have missed... [apologies]

Comment

The toddler conman traitor Trump,who tried to steal the election - caught in Georgia, and lied conning people it was not him stealing,fomented violence. The boomerang came back to him.
                When thousands of Americans could have been saved if he took the virus seriously,he did not care.
                "The virus will go away"(30x) - Trump
                ​​​​​
                ​​​​​Worms swimming in phlegm would be better at the White house than Trump..
                Last edited by Varqm; 07-16-2024, 11:51 AM.
                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                M. Pacana

Comment

Haven't been on the boards long enough that I forgot why. Now I remember. Sick. And so are some of the rest of you.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post

Haven't been on the boards long enough that I forgot why. Now I remember. Sick. And so are some of the rest of you.
                    The humour is lost on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

The humour is lost on this one...
                      Normally I'd be poopooing jokes about an assassination attempt. But Trump is deserving of no man's sympathy or respect. Besides, if his reaction to the brutal assault on Paul Pelosi is anything to go by, he'd want us to have a good laugh about it.

Comment

In comedy clubs around the free world people will be making jokes about this already. How is it possible, when we live in a world where horrific things happen every day, that we have some people who have the over sensitivity of a Victorian-era children’s Governess falling into a swoon of irate disapproval over some comment involving the deranged criminal billionaire that’s possibly about to become the most powerful man in the world again!!
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Normally I'd be poopooing jokes about an assassination attempt. But Trump is deserving of no man's sympathy or respect. Besides, if his reaction to the brutal assault on Paul Pelosi is anything to go by, he'd want us to have a good laugh about it.
                          AH yes, I remember that. He did this routine in his speeches for a while like "Hey, Paul Pelosi, how is he doing these days?" and the MAGA-crowd errupted in laugther. And then his son poked some more fun, referencing the fact that Paul Pelosi was tied up in his underpants and atacked with a hammer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4362c2925cd760ea2c6e303a5d1024e2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	838106

A real knee-slapper this one, judging by the reactions of his goon-followers. And just last month, a MAGA-candidate in North Carolina went up on a podium and said that

Some folks need killing!” [...] “It’s time for somebody to say it. It’s not a matter of vengeance. It’s not a matter of being mean or spiteful. It’s a matter of necessity!

Mark Robinson, the GOP nominee for governor in North Carolina, has a long history of incendiary comments. But he may have topped himself this time.

MAGA is an ideology that considers violence acceptable. So what goes around comes around. I had about 3 days to think about this now and I can confirm that I am relatively comforable stating that I'm sorry the guy missed. It's not my proudest moment by as they say, "it's a matter of neccessity"....​

Comment

In comedy clubs around the free world people will be making jokes about this already. How is it possible, when we live in a world where horrific things happen every day, that we have some people who have the over sensitivity of a Victorian-era children’s Governess falling into a swoon of irate disapproval over some comment involving the deranged criminal billionaire that’s possibly about to become the most powerful man in the world again!!
                            Corey Comperatore, a fireman who was there with his family and obviously a Trump supporter was killed shielding his wife and children from the gunfire. Did he deserve the fate you people wished upon Trump?.would it not have been better if the assassin was taken out before he harmed anyone? However deranged people think Trump is, this has to be the pot calling the kettle black.
                            Best Wishes,
                            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Corey Comperatore, a fireman who was there with his family and obviously a Trump supporter was killed shielding his wife and children from the gunfire. Did he deserve the fate you people wished upon Trump?.would it not have been better if the assassin was taken out before he harmed anyone? However deranged people think Trump is, this has to be the pot calling the kettle black.
                              And your hand-wringing is all an act. Not only in comedy clubs but in every workplace and in every pub in the land people will be telling Trump assassination jokes. A million texts, a million emails with people passing on whatever joke is flying around the airwaves.

Ricky Gervais got it right:

"With comedy as well I think you've got to deal with taboos and contentious issues and sometimes you deal in irony and some people don't get that but you know you can't legislate against stupidity otherwise you'll be doing nothing,"​
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Lo and behold, the return of the magic bullet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Butler5.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	838126

This is purported to be the trail of the bullet that hit the top of Trump's right ear.

Cheers, George
                                The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Working...
                                X