X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    A few things I noticed.

Trump hit the deck like a trained soldier, no hesitation at all, straight down.

Where was the adrenaline? When he got up he was as ruddy as before, no sign of any paleness, absolutely no sign of shock whatsoever.

When he got to his feet, rather than try and get out of there asap, he was doing clenched fist salutes shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!
    His tweet after this event was both generous, empathetic and non-inflammatory, and with perfect grammar and spelling to boot. Maybe that's attributable to shock? I was certainly shocked.

In seriousness, though, Trump has probably had numerous drills of this nature with the Secret Service. And shock may set in at a later stage, once the events have been processed.
    Last edited by Karl; 07-14-2024, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Oswald was only 24 and he hit JFK a few times through a tree and whilst the car was moving.... oh hang on wait a bit...
      Oswald had more training with a firearm than every other Presidential assassin or would-be assassin combined. Yet he's the one people question.
      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        His tweet after this event was both generous, empathetic and non-inflammatory, and with perfect grammar and spelling to boot. Maybe that's attributable to shock? I was certainly shocked.

In seriousness, though, Trump has probably had numerous drills of this nature with the Secret Service. And shock may set in at a later stage, once the events have been processed.
        I was impressed with his reactions. Most bullies are cowards.

I'm still never going to vote for him.
        "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

It has been reported that the shooter had no criminal record and no identification on him at the time. It is reported that he was identified from DNA. While Rapid DNA provides a quick profile, does anyone know how authorities could so quickly match a DNA sample to an identity without resort to a criminal database? Just asking about something I don't know.
          Last edited by GBinOz; 07-14-2024, 01:24 PM.
          The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
            It has been reported that the shooter had no criminal record and no identification on him at the time. It is reported that he was identified from DNA. While Rapid DNA provides a quick profile, does anyone know how authorities could so quickly match a DNA sample to an identity without resort to a criminal database? Just asking about something I don't know.
            Hadn't heard the DNA angle yet, i just assumed fingerprint matched to a drivers license database or something.
            " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
            Sherlock Holmes
            ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Duran duren View Post

Hadn't heard the DNA angle yet, i just assumed fingerprint matched to a drivers license database or something.
              Perhaps it was a reporting error, it's early days yet. But watching the video and noting that Trump said that he felt a bullet rip through his ear, I saw blood on his ear and on his face, and would have expected to see blood on the right hand that clutched at the wound.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

I'm still never going to vote for him.
                Good point Fiver.

Am I the only one who immediately thought of the pivotal scene in the movie "The Dead Zone"?

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
                  That's what I've been wondering with Bin Laden as well. Immediately there was a DNA match with his family members. No pictures or footage - oh, except there was, but we're never going to show them to you, sorry. And a hasty and clandestine burial at sea because... well, we wouldn't want his burial site to become a pilgrimage site, or something.

As for courage under fire, I didn't see anything courageous or cowardly. Just a reaction. Here is the sort of reaction that impresses me:
                  King Charles deals with shots fired near him in Sydney in 1994 | RetroFocus (youtube.com)
                  Last edited by Karl; 07-14-2024, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    I’d say that someone else wrote it for him Karl.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I’d say that someone else wrote it for him Karl.
                      No hsit, Herlock. I saw the golden opportunity for a joke and I took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

His narcissism is so great that he seemed furious that someone had the effrontery to shoot him. As he yelled "Fight! Fight! Fight!" his face was a mask of sheer rage - all tightly pursed lips and glaring, angry eyes.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I've read the shooter was identified by a rapid tracing of the rifle, which was owned by the shooter's father. He was a registered Republican at the time, but prior to that had some links to supporting the Democrats? Basically, probably not someone strongly connected with either party, rather someone who didn't feel strongly connected to any particular part but rather someone who felt disconnected from everything. Generalised anger towards society and so targeting someone who many strongly support would be part of their motivation I bet. If you take down someone who is idolized by many you can extract revenge for your own sense of being rejected by inflicting damage on a large number of people (take away their idol). As more becomes known about the shooter, I suspect we will see they are a typical loner, who felt rejected by all, and so in their mind this was their moment in the sun - a chance to become "known". While there might be some writings where a political motive is mentioned, even that will just be a mask for their own sense of inadequacy, or their belief they have not received the recognition they believe they deserved. Latching on to various political ideologies, particular extreme ones, is not uncommon for those who feel they are being unjustly ignored. What also tends to be found is that they are being rejected by others because their beliefs, and actions, are in truth extreme, selfish, and unpleasant to be around. They blame others for not accepting their unacceptable actions.

- Jeff

Comment

The U.S. came within a whisker of returning to some state of normalcy yesterday.
                            I don't have any sympathy for a man who himself thought he should have the right to assassinate his opposition, that women should be punished for getting pregnant out of wedlock, and who wants to pull the U.S. out of NATO, and fully intends to make himself the first U.S. Dictator - President for life.

I've heard a lot of Brits support this fool, I can't imagine why.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
                              I've read the shooter was identified by a rapid tracing of the rifle, which was owned by the shooter's father. He was a registered Republican at the time, but prior to that had some links to supporting the Democrats? Basically, probably not someone strongly connected with either party, rather someone who didn't feel strongly connected to any particular part but rather someone who felt disconnected from everything. Generalised anger towards society and so targeting someone who many strongly support would be part of their motivation I bet. If you take down someone who is idolized by many you can extract revenge for your own sense of being rejected by inflicting damage on a large number of people (take away their idol). As more becomes known about the shooter, I suspect we will see they are a typical loner, who felt rejected by all, and so in their mind this was their moment in the sun - a chance to become "known". While there might be some writings where a political motive is mentioned, even that will just be a mask for their own sense of inadequacy, or their belief they have not received the recognition they believe they deserved. Latching on to various political ideologies, particular extreme ones, is not uncommon for those who feel they are being unjustly ignored. What also tends to be found is that they are being rejected by others because their beliefs, and actions, are in truth extreme, selfish, and unpleasant to be around. They blame others for not accepting their unacceptable actions.

- Jeff
                              Hi Jeff,

It seems that we are once again suffering from conflicting press reports. I saw it reported that he was a registered Republican, but had donated $15 to a Democrat cause around the time of the attack on the Capital building. I also saw an interview with a former classmate who said that he was well liked at school and excelled at science and mathematics.

Stepping back from reports to actual video, it can be seen that some of the audience and the secret service snipers were aware of his presence before he fired a shot. It almost seemed that they waited for him to get a few shots away before eliminating the "patsy"? The more probable explanation is just incompetence. I do wonder how Trump managed to grab his wounded ear without getting blood on his hand, but there is probably a reasonable medical explanation.

Best regards, George

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                                A few things I noticed.

Trump hit the deck like a trained soldier, no hesitation at all, straight down.

Where was the adrenaline? When he got up he was as ruddy as before, no sign of any paleness, absolutely no sign of shock whatsoever.

When he got to his feet, rather than try and get out of there asap, he was doing clenched fist salutes shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!
                                A good deal of chatter on my Threads account is about these strange details. Saner heads are telling us not to spread conspiracy theories, as that is what the Far Right want us to do.

Still, I think these things are odd, to say the least:
                                -- Prior to the shooting, numerous shouts of "He's got a gun! It's on the roof, don't go over there!" are heard on a rally attendee's video.

-- As soon as the shots start, Trump clamps a hand to his ear, then drops to the stage, before an agent even gets to him.
                                -- When we see him standing again, after the agents assure him "We got him, he's down", we can see a red streak on the top of his right ear and down his cheek. (Some posters remark on possible stagecraft with a razor blade or fake blood pack.)

--The audio from the Secret Service agents' m
                                ics include crosstalk, the instruction, "hold your hand up to your ear, you're bleeding,"
                                then a short pause and "we're waiting on you; on you, let's move!" while Trump mutters about needing his shoes, then insists on fist-pumping and mouthing "Fight!" 3 times.

-- Some posters say a bullet of that type would have done much more damage. They think Trump was hit by a shard of glass from the teleprompter, but others say it seemed to be undamaged.

Finally, far-right Republicans are calling for Biden's "arrest"(!) and claiming he is responsible for the violence. Yet the dead young gunman was a registered Republican, using his father's rifle (which was legally purchased). I have seen speculation that Trump's recent distancing himself from Project2025 might have been a motive for this attack. Others just say Crooks was mentally ill.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X