Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicola Bulley, what does everybody think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monty View Post

I do not understand why the dive team would need to be informed of the MISPERS personal circumstance.

There was no evidence, until yesterday, that this person had fallen foul of anything sinister.

Monty
    Ask the dive team, Monty. They were working on the police theory that Nicola fell in the river accidentally and have said it could have made a difference in those early days to know about her specific vulnerabilities.

What's this new evidence that she fell foul of something sinister? I haven't seen that.

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Its a tough issue for sure, but IMHO as soon as the police knew of her "specific vulnerability" they should have let everyone know, especially the dive team. Again, I think full transperancy is best in these types of situations. In the case of a missing person--The more the public knows, the more they can be of assistance, and less confusion. but thats just my opinion.
      I agree to a certain extent, Abby, but the finer details could have been kept back. Millions of women have to cope with similar problems with the menopause, so it doesn't follow, if one goes missing, that nobody else has harmed her.

Just a heads up that Nicola was considered high risk due to recent health concerns would surely have been sufficient.

Love,

Caz
      X

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

agree DK
        and im firmly in the first camp. and i like how you said health issues too, because mental health issues is the same thing. would police hesitate to tell the public if a missing person was diabetic, and needs medication? no they do it all the time and rightly so. we need to get rid of the stigma that mental health issues are somehow embarrassing or something to be ashamed of.
        Is the menopause now to be defined as a mental illness??

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

I think "private" vulnerabilities could refer to some problems in the marriage or relationship, too.
          Did police try tracker dogs and still fail to find any trace of Nicola? Very weird, if so, though I guess that area might be cluttered with the scents of all sorts of people and other dogs.
          Cadaver dogs probably aren't warranted, as they assume she was alive at the time of her disappearance.

Edited to add another thought: How could she assure drowning in the river? Do as Virginia Woolf, and load her pockets with stones to weigh her down.
          I don't buy the river as a 'solution' to Lancashire Police's problems.

Comment

• The police are certainly coming under fire for releasing those details.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• The text arranging the play date sent at around 9.00 surely has to point toward something sinister? Let’s hope not though.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• The police are certainly coming under fire for releasing those details.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...st-as-it-comes

I'm not surprised, Herlock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  The text arranging the play date sent at around 9.00 surely has to point toward something sinister? Let’s hope not though.
                  If Nicola's 'significant issues' were so bad that they sent her over the edge - possibly quite literally - at 9.30 that morning, I can't understand why she was still driving the children to school.

Something is still not making sense.

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

If Nicola's 'significant issues' were so bad that they sent her over the edge - possibly quite literally - at 9.30 that morning, I can't understand why she was still driving the children to school.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    yes there is still a niggle that something is a bit off. Why was the dog running backwards and forwards between the bench and the metal swing gate behind the bench (away from the river) that leads into the field from a path? Te play date text, walking around the field listening to the teams call before she event got to the bench. Let's hope the police have't been totally blinded by there initial info. Given all the diving that has been done I'm amazed the lake at the caravan park hasn't been searched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

yes there is still a niggle that something is a bit off. Why was the dog running backwards and forwards between the bench and the metal swing gate behind the bench (away from the river) that leads into the field from a path? Te play date text, walking around the field listening to the teams call before she event got to the bench. Let's hope the police have't been totally blinded by there initial info. Given all the diving that has been done I'm amazed the lake at the caravan park hasn't been searched.
                      The dogs location seems to depend which report you read, in todays Kent Online giving a minute by minute account it says
                      “At 9.33am, another dog walker found her phone on a bench beside the river, with Willow darting between the two”
                      Last edited by Yabs; 02-17-2023, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

exactly. the caravan park is close to the bench and the gate just across a field. it even looks like you have to go directly through that gate to get to the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yabs View Post

The dogs location seems to depend which report you read, in todays Kent Online giving a minute by minute account it says
                          “At 9.33am, another dog walker found her phone on a bench beside the river, with Willow darting between the two”
                          saw it on the news the other night. the reporter showed the bench and the gate. Most reports I've seen say the bench and the gate into the field, but I didn't know which gate they were talking about until I saw the report from the scene.

Comment

• Interestingly the Lancs Police have referred themselves to the watchdog, it’s almost like they are doubling down on how they have handled this whole case.

Hopefully the watchdog will concur with most reasonable people’s opinion that releasing that information about Nicola was in no way beneficial to finding her.

I still think she entered the river one way or another but if she is still alive, as Caz points out, this publicity over her personal life would not be helpful in finding her in the slightest.
                            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                            JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              It’s certainly strange Caz. If she was having issues then she appears to have been acting perfectly normally up until her disappearance and not only that but she was thinking ahead by arranging the play date. Can the effects of those kind of issues hit in an instant causing someone to act in a way that was completely out of character? It seems unlikely to me but I’m no expert on mental health issues.

Im still veering towards something sinister involving a second person though but who knows. I don’t know if it would be expected that she’d have been found by now if she’d ended up in the river but wouldn’t they have expected to have found her had she simply gone to ground? To us it’s a mystery but to family and friends it’s a nightmare.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

It’s certainly strange Caz. If she was having issues then she appears to have been acting perfectly normally up until her disappearance and not only that but she was thinking ahead by arranging the play date. Can the effects of those kind of issues hit in an instant causing someone to act in a way that was completely out of character? It seems unlikely to me but I’m no expert on mental health issues.

Im still veering towards something sinister involving a second person though but who knows. I don’t know if it would be expected that she’d have been found by now if she’d ended up in the river but wouldn’t they have expected to have found her had she simply gone to ground? To us it’s a mystery but to family and friends it’s a nightmare.
                                Where I live in Ireland, we have one of the highest rates of suicide in the country. I have been to two funerals in the last three years that were due to suicide.

The reality is if someone is committed to killing themselves they will most likely try and throw as many people off the scent as possible. They often slightly overcompensate by appearing slightly more jovial or making lots of plans with people.

If it was suicide, it would not have been something she just decided to do on a whim. She would have planned it and played it over and over and over again in her head.

Suicide is not a rational mindset so you cannot apply normal rules of rational thought to anything she did or didn't do.
                                Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                                JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X