No announcement yet.

Riiight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly flying under the radar: RT has finally been switched off in the EU, along with Fox News which was taken off the UK channels a few years ago (not sure if it has ever been available in continental Europe).

Good riddance to both of them.

Comment

• I know feelings on this subject are bitter even hateful. So ,I do not venture back into the discussion to argue. I am just wondering has anyone's opinion changed about the vaccine because of any recent information they have read. I am not sure how accurate it is but a report, from England, claims that 9 out of every 10 new covid deaths are fully vaccinated. The fact checkers claim that the study is misleading because of England's high vaccination rate. Fair enough but the obvious questions is why is fully vaccinated people dying at such a high rate. What do some of you think about Dr. Brix saying she knew the vaccine would not prevent people from getting vivid?

Comment

• it is misleading for the simple fact of mathematics.

the highest number of daily ddaths ( 7 day average) was 1100 a day in January 2021. only a tiny proportion of the population was vaccinated at the time.
        ​​​​​
        The current 7-day average is around 5 deaths per day. that's around 0.4% of the fatality rate we had in January last year.

source: https://www.google.com/search?q=covi...obile&ie=UTF-8

the vaccination rate in England is 80% for one dose and 76% for "fully vaccinated" which means that statistically, vaccinated people are likely to be amongst the dead. For example, if 100% of the population is vaccinated, then 100% of the dead will also be vaccinated. what matters in this context is that we are now from 1100 down to 5 dead a day nationwide.

so no, i have not changed my view on the vaccine. i am fully vaccinated and boosted and i went to visit a friend in the UK in March who had covid at that time and I didn't catch it. i have also had no ill effects following any of my shots or heart attacks and i am a 49 year-old ex-smoker with average health.

cheers.

Comment

• Wow that is incredible England is down to only 1825 deaths a year? I guess the vaccines have beat vivid in England thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• What do some of you think about Dr. Brix saying she knew the vaccine would not prevent people from getting vivid?

I think her statement was taken out of context and anti-vaxxers are jumping on it. The vaccine will not prevent you from getting Covid just like a flu shot will not prevent you from getting the flu, taking birth control will not prevent you from getting pregnant and seat belts will not prevent you from getting injured in an accident. The purpose behind the shots was to lessen the chances of getting Covid and having a less severe reaction if you do.

c.d.

Comment

• what the hell is vivid? is that like virtual covid?

Comment

• Originally posted by celee View Post
                I know feelings on this subject are bitter even hateful. So ,I do not venture back into the discussion to argue. I am just wondering has anyone's opinion changed about the vaccine because of any recent information they have read. I am not sure how accurate it is but a report, from England, claims that 9 out of every 10 new covid deaths are fully vaccinated. The fact checkers claim that the study is misleading because of England's high vaccination rate. Fair enough but the obvious questions is why is fully vaccinated people dying at such a high rate. What do some of you think about Dr. Brix saying she knew the vaccine would not prevent people from getting vivid?
                I've noticed that a lot of the original vaccine tub-thumpers have changed their tune. They can't say they weren't warned.

Disgusting behaviour to shame people into taking a rushed-out, experimental vaccine, but that's par for the course these days.

Religion might not be at the centre of our society anymore, but that moral grandstanding never left.

Comment

• I have been vaccinated twice with Moderna and twice boosterd.

I am in the rare American pool of "never caught COVID-19" (I tested myself twice with free at-home test kits sent out by my state)-- but medical experts say don't be so sure!

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2022...-yet-wanna-bet

They think some people had very mild cases, or without any symptoms at all. I got those free test kits because I had gone to the movie theater in mid-March of this year, and got cold symptoms afterwards. The tests didn't offer a COVID-19 result. So that's... a relief?

I've sheltered at home most of the time, worn masks, stayed alone.
                  And they still keep telling us about new variants.
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

I've noticed that a lot of the original vaccine tub-thumpers have changed their tune. They can't say they weren't warned.

Disgusting behaviour to shame people into taking a rushed-out, experimental vaccine, but that's par for the course these days.

Religion might not be at the centre of our society anymore, but that moral grandstanding never left.
                    Please provide evidence, Harry, for your statement that vaccine "tub-thumpers" have changed their tune.

Yes, the vaccine was rushed but there is absolutely zero evidence that standard protocols were not followed or that safety corners were cut.Yes, it is experimental because the world had not faced that virus before. So what?

As for religion, isn't it the anti-vaxxers that said God would protect them and that the vaccine was made from aborted fetuses and that it contained luciferase meaning that Satan was behind it? Talk about moral grandstanding.

c.d.

Comment

• Moronic.The vaccines helps you from dying from covid not contracting it. Millions and millions have taken it.I expect ant-vaxxers not to visit a hospital ever again otherwise their frauds.Science is a standard.
                      As for religion what does it do to help people during the pandemic or any pandemic.Nothing.Just a bunch of words which is all they have.Its up to science again to rescue.like previous vaccines like polio smallpox.etc ,electricity,cars.computerd etc...
                      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                      M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Please provide evidence, Harry, for your statement that vaccine "tub-thumpers" have changed their tune.

Yes, the vaccine was rushed but there is absolutely zero evidence that standard protocols were not followed or that safety corners were cut.Yes, it is experimental because the world had not faced that virus before. So what?

As for religion, isn't it the anti-vaxxers that said God would protect them and that the vaccine was made from aborted fetuses and that it contained luciferase meaning that Satan was behind it? Talk about moral grandstanding.

c.d.
                        I've lost count of the amount of people whose health has inexplicably nosedived since they took the vaccine. Some of the most vociferous critics of "anti-vaxxers" now admit they would've thought twice about taking it.

The vaccine has proven to be worthless, and you're better off taking your chances with the virus. The vast majority of people who caught the virus didn't even require hospital admission. However, now millions of people's health has been jeopardised by an experimental vaccine with no legal course for being a human guinea pig.

You can keep taking shots at the Bible Belters if you want. They're low-hanging fruit and you obviously prefer to punch down.

Comment

I've lost count of the amount of people whose health has inexplicably nosedived since they took the vaccine. Some of the most vociferous critics of "anti-vaxxers" now admit they would've thought twice about taking it.

The vaccine has proven to be worthless, and you're better off taking your chances with the virus. The vast majority of people who caught the virus didn't even require hospital admission. However, now millions of people's health has been jeopardised by an experimental vaccine with no legal course for being a human guinea pig.

You can keep taking shots at the Bible Belters if you want. They're low-hanging fruit and you obviously prefer to punch down.
                          You’re a liar and an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by String View Post

You’re a liar and an idiot.
                            And you're a real intellectual powerhouse. Big Pharma loves you.

Comment

can you provide sources here?

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                              The vaccine has proven to be worthless, and you're better off taking your chances with the virus.
                              ​​​​​
                              Again, can you provide sources here or medically accepted studies?

cheers.

Comment

And you're a real intellectual powerhouse. Big Pharma loves you.
                                I want to believe you.I'll believe you if you never visit a hospital again.There are a lot of things in there from Big Pharma you know.Along with HMO's they want your money.
                                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                                M. Pacana

Comment

Working...
                                X