Best Ripper walking tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Annoyingly my trip was cancelled last minute due to a friend I planned on spending time with cancelled. I received the guide in plenty of time as well. Will have to try again in the New year!

Oh. Sorry to hear that Ero.

That's a shame.

I hope it works out next time.

I'll be trying the guide out in November, so I'll post a little review of how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Oh. Sorry to hear that Ero.

That's a shame.

I hope it works out next time.

I'll be trying the guide out in November, so I'll post a little review of how it goes.
      Please do!
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

I have only been on 1 tour. If I was to go on another, I'll probably choose the tour run by Richard Jones. As recommended by the A-Z apparently!

All of our tour guides are widely acknowledged for their expertise in the field of Jack The Ripper studies. Read about each of our guides here.

Comment

I haven’t been on a Richard Jones tour but it’s bound to be a good one. Ditto Phillip Hutchinson.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
            I have only been on 1 tour. If I was to go on another, I'll probably choose the tour run by Richard Jones. As recommended by the A-Z apparently!

All of our tour guides are widely acknowledged for their expertise in the field of Jack The Ripper studies. Read about each of our guides here.

Yeah, that's probably the pick of the crop now that Donald Rumbelow has retired, Martyn.

Personally, I'm looking forward to constructing our own walk based on the Edgar's Guide.

That way, we don't have to stick to any prescribed schedule and can follow our noses wherever they lead us.

They usually lead us imainly nto interesting looking pubs, but don't worry, I'll ensure that we are still coherent and perfectly well behaved by the time we arrive for the WS meeting, I promise!

Comment

Regarding pubs - I used to live in the area in the 1980s and the Jack the Ripper as it was then was pretty decent. It was renamed back to the Ten Bells just before I left London. Even back then there would always be a group of people on a Jack the Ripper tour stop by whatever evening you were there. It was strange the looks you'd get, as if they were wondering which of you was Jack the Ripper, or possibly his great grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Yeah, that's probably the pick of the crop now that Donald Rumbelow has retired, Martyn.

Personally, I'm looking forward to constructing our own walk based on the Edgar's Guide.

That way, we don't have to stick to any prescribed schedule and can follow our noses wherever they lead us.

They usually lead us imainly nto interesting looking pubs, but don't worry, I'll ensure that we are still coherent and perfectly well behaved by the time we arrive for the WS meeting, I promise!
                Well, you will be the only ones!

(Joke)

BTW Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Edgar's Guide?

Comment

BTW Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Edgar's Guide?

Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Thank you.

Sounds a good way of guiding yourself around the JTR locations. Like the idea of the additional video guides.
                    Last edited by mpriestnall; 09-26-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

A ripper tour where all the tour guide talks about is the Maybrick diary would be good.
                      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                      M. Pacana

Comment

heygo.com is repeating their London Ripper Tour on Tuesday, October 12th.

Explore places to visit within the UK and around the world on Rest Less. Get inspired and plan trips to holiday destinations with us.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                          A ripper tour where all the tour guide talks about is the Maybrick diary would be good.
                          Or Lechmere.

Or the Shawl.

Comment

Or Lechmere.

Or the Shawl.
                            Yeah. Non-refundable.
                            Last edited by Varqm; 10-01-2021, 05:11 AM.
                            Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                            M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post

Yeah. Non-refundable.
                              Extended, non-abridged versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X