Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Ripper walking tour?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by erobitha View Post

    Annoyingly my trip was cancelled last minute due to a friend I planned on spending time with cancelled. I received the guide in plenty of time as well. Will have to try again in the New year!

    Oh. Sorry to hear that Ero.

    That's a shame.

    I hope it works out next time.

    I'll be trying the guide out in November, so I'll post a little review of how it goes.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post


      Oh. Sorry to hear that Ero.

      That's a shame.

      I hope it works out next time.

      I'll be trying the guide out in November, so I'll post a little review of how it goes.
      Please do!
      "When the legend becomes fact... print the legend"
      - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

      Comment


      • #18
        I have only been on 1 tour. If I was to go on another, I'll probably choose the tour run by Richard Jones. As recommended by the A-Z apparently!

        https://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com/tour-guides/

        Comment


        • #19
          I haven’t been on a Richard Jones tour but it’s bound to be a good one. Ditto Phillip Hutchinson.
          Regards

          Sir Herlock Sholmes



          “Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason – they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple about their wingnut delusions.”

          “If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment.”

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
            I have only been on 1 tour. If I was to go on another, I'll probably choose the tour run by Richard Jones. As recommended by the A-Z apparently!

            https://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com/tour-guides/
            Yeah, that's probably the pick of the crop now that Donald Rumbelow has retired, Martyn.

            Personally, I'm looking forward to constructing our own walk based on the Edgar's Guide.

            That way, we don't have to stick to any prescribed schedule and can follow our noses wherever they lead us.

            They usually lead us imainly nto interesting looking pubs, but don't worry, I'll ensure that we are still coherent and perfectly well behaved by the time we arrive for the WS meeting, I promise!

            Comment


            • #21
              Regarding pubs - I used to live in the area in the 1980s and the Jack the Ripper as it was then was pretty decent. It was renamed back to the Ten Bells just before I left London. Even back then there would always be a group of people on a Jack the Ripper tour stop by whatever evening you were there. It was strange the looks you'd get, as if they were wondering which of you was Jack the Ripper, or possibly his great grandson.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                Yeah, that's probably the pick of the crop now that Donald Rumbelow has retired, Martyn.

                Personally, I'm looking forward to constructing our own walk based on the Edgar's Guide.

                That way, we don't have to stick to any prescribed schedule and can follow our noses wherever they lead us.

                They usually lead us imainly nto interesting looking pubs, but don't worry, I'll ensure that we are still coherent and perfectly well behaved by the time we arrive for the WS meeting, I promise!
                Well, you will be the only ones!

                (Joke)

                BTW Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Edgar's Guide?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post



                  BTW Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Edgar's Guide?
                  https://www.edgarsguides.com/product...ppers-east-end

                  Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thank you.

                    Sounds a good way of guiding yourself around the JTR locations. Like the idea of the additional video guides.
                    Last edited by mpriestnall; 09-26-2021, 10:01 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      A ripper tour where all the tour guide talks about is the Maybrick diary would be good.
                      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                      M. Pacana

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        heygo.com is repeating their London Ripper Tour on Tuesday, October 12th.

                        https://www.heygo.com/tours/jack-the...ictorian-times

                        c.d.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                          A ripper tour where all the tour guide talks about is the Maybrick diary would be good.
                          Or Lechmere.

                          Or the Shawl.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

                            Or Lechmere.

                            Or the Shawl.
                            Yeah. Non-refundable.
                            Last edited by Varqm; 10-01-2021, 05:11 AM.
                            Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                            M. Pacana

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Varqm View Post

                              Yeah. Non-refundable.
                              Extended, non-abridged versions.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X