Tour times are for what time zone?

c.d.
    The times that I see are UK times c.d.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
      Good find, Herlock - thanks for sharing, it looks really interesting.
      I’ve just been walking around Naples and I’ve been inside Buon Pomeriggio Cathedral and San Paulo Maggiore. I’ve also seen a Banksy in a case outside a pizzeria and some great backstreets and entrances to apartments that used to be palaces.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Here is a nice review of the website that I came across. Note what she says about which browsers to use. Apparently Firefox is not supported.

Believe it or not, virtual tours are a super resourceful way to prepare for future travels, especially when you follow these pro tips inspired by Heygo’s free, real-time virtual tour offerings.

c.d.
        When I first went on there c.d. it was via a link on Safari. The sound was awful. I followed their advice and logged out and back in on Chrome and everything was perfect. You’ll get a guide occasionally hitting a spot with a poor signal which might last a very few seconds but these don’t occur very often and certainly not for long.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

The times that I see are UK times c.d.
          It looks like the times listed correspond to the time zone that you are in. What time does it say the Ripper tour on the 13th starts for you?

c.d.

Comment

It’s brilliant Barn. I just did a tour of the Dean Village in Edinburgh which is a UNESCO world heritage site. A village built by a mill owner. You’ve probably heard of it Barn, I can’t recall if you’re Scottish but I seem to remember you mentioning a link to Scotland? I’m off to Naples at 5.00 I think.
            What a brilliant idea!

Thanks for putting this out there, Herlock.

I quite fancy the Daniel Liebeskind Berlin one, as I lived there briefly many years ago.

Agreed, Dean Village is lovely.

It feels like you're somewhere completely rural and not in a capital city at all.

The Modern Art Gallery there is great too.

I'm planning a visit to the cemetery there to visit John Irving's grave as soon as lockdown eases a bit.

Comment

I’ve just been walking around Naples and I’ve been inside Buon Pomeriggio Cathedral and San Paulo Maggiore. I’ve also seen a Banksy in a case outside a pizzeria and some great backstreets and entrances to apartments that used to be palaces.
              Sounds really interesting.

Do they suggest a level of tip for the guide? I guess the usual cost of a walking tour would be a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Sounds really interesting.

Do they suggest a level of tip for the guide? I guess the usual cost of a walking tour would be a guide.
                The FAQ says pay what you are comfortable with.

c.d.

Comment

"The majority of the tips go to our guides, and the remaining is put towards covering the streaming and transaction costs, growing the number of tours we offer and improving the user experience."

c.d.

Comment

"The majority of the tips go to our guides, and the remaining is put towards covering the streaming and transaction costs, growing the number of tours we offer and improving the user experience."

c.d.
                    Thanks c.d.

Comment

Do you think we get to see each other on screen, kinda like a zoom meeting while the tour is going on?

That would be great.

We could instigate a kind of Ripper cliche drinking game......

"Charles Cross sees what he thinks is a tarpaulin". DRINK

"Liz screamed three times, but not very loudly". DRINK

It would help us identify other casebookers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                        Do you think we get to see each other on screen, kinda like a zoom meeting while the tour is going on?

That would be great.

If we took a drink ever time Charles Cross gets mentioned we would all become alcoholics.

c.d.

Comment

If we took a drink ever time Charles Cross gets mentioned we would all become alcoholics.

c.d.
                          Ha! I was thinking more of all the old classic tropes and quotes which crop up in every book and documentary.

"See what a lovely bonnet I have now" etc

Comment

Just did Paris and now walking the Brooklyn Bridge.

Great recommendation Herlock
                            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                            JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

That would be great.

God help the tour guide who gets a bus full of Ripperologists asking them questions they already know the answers too.
                              Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                              JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

God help the tour guide who gets a bus full of Ripperologists asking them questions they already know the answers too.
                                Now you've given me an idea..

Comment

Working...
                                X