Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I saw something on here about a former poster (sadly no longer with us) who had a toy cat called Diddles. I thought that you may have known her.
    Ahhhh! I see.

No, there's no connection.

I saw that post too..

She seemed like a lovely person.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Ahhhh! I see.

No, there's no connection.

I saw that post too..

She seemed like a lovely person.
      I never knew her but she certainly did appear to have been well loved.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Startled by a dog that didn’t bark?
        im thinking more likely by something going on downstairs

Comment

May I just say thank you to Herlock for starting this thread. I am enjoying it very much :-)

Comment

I’ve often wondered where some posters names come from? Some are obvious - my own, Wickerman, Dupin, Fisherman for example but some aren’t.

Does anyone want to enlighten me/us without giving anything away that you don’t want to of course?
            Just my initials combined with an espionage television show I'm old enough to recall watching, and which I had rediscovered in the 2000s or so.
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Bingo Abbey!

No reference to a previous poster.

Just an excuse to use a picture of my cat as an avatar and a general love of animals.

I was fostering some ex racing greyhounds at the time I signed up, so I did toy with Ms Burgho or Ms Barnaby, but in the end, I went with the feline reference and my much loved siamese!

My avatar picture is of my much loved tortie cat Emma, who passed away the summer of 2019. I miss her and still feel guilty. I have two longhaired'cats now, but of course their personalities are different.
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

I saw something on here about a former poster (sadly no longer with us) who had a toy cat called Diddles. I thought that you may have known her.
                Mike.
                Would you be referring to Jules?
                It's just that Jules was a guy from Oz, he kept referring to his cat Diddles, the name of Praters cat.
                You may mean someone else, if so my apologies.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I’ve often wondered where some posters names come from? Some are obvious - my own, Wickerman, Dupin, Fisherman for example but some aren’t.

Does anyone want to enlighten me/us without giving anything away that you don’t want to of course?
                  This is a thread I must have missed until tonight.

I can explain 'Wickerman' ..honestly, "there's nothing to see here"...

I used to post under my own name back before 2004, from that time I took a hiatus for 4 years from Casebook until about 2008 which is why 2008 is part of my thingy at the side, as opposed to 1998 when I first joined.

So, during those 4 years I was away from Casebook we got a new plant manager at Westinghouse where I worked, and it went around the office that he was looking up employees on the net and following their posts and basically sticking his nose in for god knows what reason.
                  In this time the old classic Wickerman movie had just been (poorly) remade, but as the old one was a bit of a classic favorite I just decided to use that for an online name instead - because of prying eyes.
                  I've tried to change it back a couple of times but I guess Ally (or Admin) have been otherwise engaged.

I'm retired now the name doesn't matter anymore.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Mike.
                    It's just that Jules was a guy from Oz, he kept referring to his cat Diddles, the name of Praters cat.
                    Yes, I think there was a long time woman Ripperologist who was known by many. I saw an obituary which included a photo of her at a meeting. She had a stuffed cat named "Diddles". Alas, I don't recall her real name. But I think she is the one people are mentioning.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------

Comment

• Hmm, a mystery within a mystery....

Jules (Julian Rosenthal) sadly passed away while I was away from Casebook in Jan. 2008.
                      His photo is at the very end of this thread - funny guy, well liked by everyone.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Speaking of seeing musicians -- I saw the great Chuck Berry many years ago in Tampa. It was a rainy night and it was clear from the get go that Chuck did not want to be there. Probably owed some money to the IRS and wanted to get them off his back. Anyway, he came out and started to play a completely uninspired version of Johnny B. Goode. Played for about a minute and the power went out. Chuck had to leave the stage. He came out about five minutes later and started again. Again completely uninspired. A minute or so into the song the power goes off again and Chuck has to leave the stage. Now it is about a ten or fifteen minute wait before they get the problem fixed and he comes back out. I don't know what happened in the interim. Maybe Chuck was pissed off. But he came out and absolutely tore it up. Played behind his back and did his famous duck walk. Probably hadn't played like that in years. The people went crazy.

c.d.

Comment

• Sounds like he finally got paid cash in hand and his roadie stopped flicking the switch.
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Mike.
                            Hi Wick,

I think that the lady’s name might have been Suzy? I saw an old Ripperologist fairly recently (a hard copy version) and there was a photograph of her with Caz.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Suzi from Wickham,not posted for 7 years?
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

My avatar picture is of my much loved tortie cat Emma, who passed away the summer of 2019. I miss her and still feel guilty. I have two longhaired'cats now, but of course their personalities are different.
                                Yes!

I remember reading your thread entitled "Goodbye, Sweet Emma Cat" or similar, and getting quite a lump in my throat.

As a lifelong animal lover, who has been owned by a few cats, I've been there, and know how heart wrenching it can be.

Emma looks like a beautiful girl!

Glad to hear you have taken the plunge and have a couple more furries.

They will be different to Emma, but I'm sure they will bring you joy!

Comment

Working...
                                X