Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Names

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Sounds like he finally got paid cash in hand and his roadie stopped flicking the switch.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

      Hi Wick,

      I think that the lady’s name might have been Suzy? I saw an old Ripperologist fairly recently (a hard copy version) and there was a photograph of her with Caz.
      Ah yes, Suzi. I know her & Lyn were close, I didn't know she knew Caz.
      Ok then, mystery solved. Thanks.

      Also, thanks Dave.
      Regards, Jon S.

      Comment


      • Dear Suzi Hanney, RIP.

        We used to have such fun over a few vodkas and high jinx with her soft toy cat, Diddles, mischief maker supreme. He used to accompany her to conferences and meetings sporting his latest ripper related outfit. Suzi embroidered his name on one of his knitted jumpers, and unpicked a rogue apostrophe when I pointed out that it didn't belong in DIDDLE'S.

        I imagine Suzi and Jules up there having a real belly laugh together, whenever they see us down here, taking ourselves and our various theories too seriously.

        Love,

        Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

          Yes!

          I remember reading your thread entitled "Goodbye, Sweet Emma Cat" or similar, and getting quite a lump in my throat.

          As a lifelong animal lover, who has been owned by a few cats, I've been there, and know how heart wrenching it can be.

          Emma looks like a beautiful girl!

          Glad to hear you have taken the plunge and have a couple more furries.

          They will be different to Emma, but I'm sure they will bring you joy!










          Thank you so very much, Ms. Diddles, for your sage advice. Your cat is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for Siamese and color point kitties. My boy Shiloh back in the Eighties was a seal point born to a black long-haired outdoor kitty at my parents' place in the country. I loved his blue eyes so much!
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

            Thank you so very much, Ms. Diddles, for your sage advice. Your cat is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for Siamese and color point kitties. My boy Shiloh back in the Eighties was a seal point born to a black long-haired outdoor kitty at my parents' place in the country. I loved his blue eyes so much!
            Oh! Shiloh sounds like a beauty!

            Seal Point combined with black long hair sounds gorgeous.

            Yeah, I have had Siamese cats all my adult life.

            I kind of inherited one from a friend of mine who went off travelling round the world.

            At first I thought that the cat was a complete weirdo, as he was so different to the moggies which I had had previously.

            Once we got to know each other though, I realised he was completely amazing.

            I've been Siamese all the way ever since.

            They are extremely high maintenance though, and continuously demand attention, but they are also amazingly intelligent, affectionate and hilariously funny sometimes too.

            My current girl (Conchita - see avatar) has a special Miaow to let me know if there is an unseemly crease in her favourite towel over the radiator!

            She has me well trained!









            Comment


            • Originally posted by caz View Post
              Dear Suzi Hanney, RIP.

              We used to have such fun over a few vodkas and high jinx with her soft toy cat, Diddles, mischief maker supreme. He used to accompany her to conferences and meetings sporting his latest ripper related outfit. Suzi embroidered his name on one of his knitted jumpers, and unpicked a rogue apostrophe when I pointed out that it didn't belong in DIDDLE'S.

              I imagine Suzi and Jules up there having a real belly laugh together, whenever they see us down here, taking ourselves and our various theories too seriously.

              Love,

              Caz
              X
              The moral of the story being, don't pretend to have a cat called Diddles, apparently it's no good for your health.

              RIP Suzi & Jules.
              Regards, Jon S.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DJA View Post
                Sounds like he finally got paid cash in hand and his roadie stopped flicking the switch.
                Ha Ha! The cynicism! That's a cracker Dave.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

                Comment


                • [QUOTE=Ms Diddles;n756393]

                  Oh! Shiloh sounds like a beauty!

                  Seal Point combined with black long hair sounds gorgeous.

                  Yeah, I have had Siamese cats all my adult life.

                  I kind of inherited one from a friend of mine who went off travelling round the world.

                  At first I thought that the cat was a complete weirdo, as he was so different to the moggies which I had had previously.

                  Once we got to know each other though, I realised he was completely amazing.

                  I've been Siamese all the way ever since.

                  They are extremely high maintenance though, and continuously demand attention, but they are also amazingly intelligent, affectionate and hilariously funny sometimes too.

                  My current girl (Conchita - see avatar) has a special Miaow to let me know if there is an unseemly crease in her favourite towel over the radiator!

                  She has me well trained!

                  [QUOTE]

                  She sounds very typical of the tribe. Shi "talked" too.

                  No, Shilo's MOM was a long haired black cat. Her original name was "Punky" and my mother changed it to "Spunky". I remember seeing her bring the kittens a half-dead mouse and dropping it in front of them. They didn't know what to do, and it ran underneath something in my Dad's tool-shed. (He was not amused when I told him!) I imagine Spunky took care of Mousie in due time.

                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

                  Comment


                  • I read many threads on this forum enthusiastically before joining this "exclusive club", and noticed that we had a Sherlock Holmes, albeit one apparently taught by Dr Spooner, but there didn't seem to be a Watson, so I thought Ok, give it a go. But "spoonered" it became "Woctor Datson", which sounded like a Japanese car manufacturer re-located to Eastern Europe. So I decided to simply distort the name slightly instead. I thought there was no inspiration whatever for this, but I have wondered since whether an ancient memory resurfaced....

                    I recall now the crazy short story by John Lennon called, I think, "The singularge experience of Miss Ann Duffield", which featured, if memory serves me well, Doctored Whopper, with something like Shamrock Wombs and Jock the Nipple. If you don't know it, and why should you, it's a manic mix of nonsense, twisted English, and one or two slightly pythonesque moments, though it pre-dated Monty Python by several years. I don't actually recommend it, it probably is best left in the mid nineteen sixties where it belongs, although it was quite popular for a while. If you do check it out, don't do it when you're sober!

                    Comment


                    • [QUOTE=Doctored Whatsit;n764323]I read many threads on this forum enthusiastically before joining this "exclusive club"/QUOTE]

                      Mate, I'm in it. It ain't exclusive.
                      Thems the Vagaries.....

                      Comment


                      • Watership Down.

                        Comment


                        • Welcome, Dr. Whatsit. There are many on this list who are Sheockians and Holmesians. I am one of them.

                          I've recently read the first two mysteries featuring Joseph Bell and A.C. Doyle as investigators. Interesting twist on The Canon. Pretty good.
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            Welcome, Dr. Whatsit. There are many on this list who are Sheockians and Holmesians. I am one of them.

                            I've recently read the first two mysteries featuring Joseph Bell and A.C. Doyle as investigators. Interesting twist on The Canon. Pretty good.
                            Hi Pat,

                            The David Pirie books are really good. Have you seen the tv series Murder Rooms with Ian Richardson as Bell? I love them. Well worth a look if you haven’t seen them yet.
                            Regards

                            Sir Herlock Sholmes



                            "Tis but a part we see, and not a whole."

                            ”Baroni licitum est dicere troglodytam”

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

                              Hi Pat,

                              The David Pirie books are really good. Have you seen the tv series Murder Rooms with Ian Richardson as Bell? I love them. Well worth a look if you haven’t seen them yet.
                              Hi, Herlock,

                              Yes, I know I've seen at least some of the "Murder Rooms" on our PBS channel. They were great!
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

                                Hi Pat,

                                The David Pirie books are really good. Have you seen the tv series Murder Rooms with Ian Richardson as Bell? I love them. Well worth a look if you haven’t seen them yet.
                                Murder Rooms is brilliant, five episodes. I keep them with my set of Sherlock Holmes video's
                                Regards, Jon S.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X