President Trump and First Lady Have Tested Positive for Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
    It's not Fox issuing the death threats against AOC, its their coverage that results in some knuckleheads issuing death threats against her. It's an example of stochastic terrorism which we have already seen in the Trump world.
    And right on cue, we have half a dozen knuckleheads plotting to kidnap Governor Whitmer. According to initial reports, these guys are white-supremacist anti-government radicals. I bet they were watching Fox News' constant attacks back in April/May because she dared to be outspoken about their Dear Leader but I guess we will see over the next few days.

Comment

Here's a story that probably won't make its way onto Fox News:

"Trump's [Covid-19] treatment was tested with fetal tissue-derived cells."

Just this morning he called Kamala Harris a "Monster and a Communist" whereas a couple of weeks ago, he wished Ghislaine Maxwell well.
      Another fun fact:

Trump donated $5000 to Kamala Harris's campaign in 2011 and gave her another $1000 in 2013. Ivanka wrote Harris a check in 2014. Of course, this is chump change for most millionaires, but Trump isn't known for his generosity, so, for him, it was a big donation. Now he raves she is a communist?

But that’s just it. It’s what Trump supporters don't get it. They think he's a Republican. Or they think he's a conservative. Or they think he’s a populist. Or—bizarrely-- they think he’s for them. The fact is, Trump is nothing. He doesn’t have any political beliefs; he doesn’t have convictions or allegiances; he only has angles. He is the very swamp creature that he was elected to defeat.

Harris, by the way, kept the money but eventually "donated it to a nonprofit that advocates for civil and human rights for Central Americans..."
      Last edited by rjpalmer; 10-09-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

It's not Fox issuing the death threats against AOC, its their coverage that results in some knuckleheads issuing death threats against her. It's an example of stochastic terrorism which we have already seen in the Trump world.

Democratic presidents starting overseas wars? Please help me complete the following list of overseas wars which I have just done from memory:

Obama -
        Bush Jr. - Afghanistan, Iraq
        Clinton -
        Bush Snr. - Iraq
        Reagan - Grenada, Nicaragua, Panama
        Complete the list? Is this some kind of pop-quiz? I am too adult to go in such "online games" , spare me please.

You can easily google the life and times of all post-war presidents, starting with Harry Truman who launched two offensive wars, and i am not even going to debate the A-bomb drops on Japan, war crimes by themselves against civilian population... one might argue...

No need to remind you the republican presidents' wars, though you missed Nixon (!) who continued the Vietnam escalation and launched a war against Cambodia, resulting to the well-documented tragedy.

I should add though that only two post-war presidents didnt launch a war during their tenure, and on the other hand promoted detente: Eisenhower and Trump. Both on the Republican ticket, though both were outsiders really.

Last but not least, if you're really into IT you should know that "stochastic" is by definition impossible to pair with any deliberate strategy, such as terrorism, literal or otherwise. Stochastic processes refer to random events where at least two conditions (S;t) come into play therefore any deliberate plan cannot be implemented VIA stochastic means. It can be however implemented in a stochastic environment that cannot be altered but restraint. : )

Comment

Correct but I don't think there is a deliberate strategy, just that that Trump and Fox don't care if anyone gets hurt. They run all these hit pieces with the intent to get the vest majority of their viewers onto their side if the argument and if this sends some people over the edge, who cares. This still fits the general definition of stochastic Terrorism. Trump meanwhile just needs to hold on to power to stay out of prison (in his mind), and he is okay with others, including tens of thousands of US citizens, to be collateral damage in his quest.

Trump got pretty close to war with Iran though didn't he? Do you really think he has Anti-war policies? I don't he think he is actually aware of what a policy even is. This is a guy who just watches TV, trolls a nation in Twitter and calls into TV shows complaining that his enemies have not been locked up. He's literally living la viva loco.
          Last edited by Svensson; 10-09-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Trump got pretty close to war with Iran though didn't he? Do you really think he has Anti-war policies? I don't he think he is actually aware of what a policy even is. This is a guy who just watches TV, trolls a nation in Twitter and calls into TV shows complaining that his enemies have not been locked up. He's literally living la viva loco.
            I think you identify Trump and Fox way too much. It's the other way round -- most other corproate networks were on the Clinton establishment side as was the moderate Republican faction.

And frankly, whereas Fox "opinions" are mostly Trump-sympathizers, the "news" segment is much more moderate. I can hardly call Chris Wallace or Bret Baier Trump supporters.

On the other networks, though, you see only weird fanatics attacking anything Trump would say or dare think. IT is so partisan it's absurd, whereas the doings of Aunt Maxine or AOC or Pelosi or Biden himself go unnoticed and their every action/word praised....I mean give me a break.

For these people, the media and political establishment of DC, the hand-picked next president was HRC.
            The "wizard" had brought out an "African American" president out of the hat, why not a woman next? It would make one hell of a magic trick.

However the "orange man" came out -- woops.

"Free will - it's a bitch, right?" said Al Pacino in "Devil's Advocate".

As per imperialist warfare:
            I stated a fact that you cannot ignore: only two US presidents after 1945 did NOT declare an offensive war, open or "covert". Eisenhower and Trump.
            Their "intentions" are irrelevant to the facts.
            Many presidents came "close" to war with Iran, not just Trump. Again, we are talking facts here, not what might have been.

Comment

All other networks were happier with Clinton because she was sane as compared to Trump who was clearly insane. It is not surprising that the one insane network gravitated towards the one insane candidate, which actually underlines my point exactly.

Again, to sum up my impression of this thread is that you're confusing cause and effect. The attacks of all other networks on Trump are predicated by him holding completely irresponsible super-spreader events in the middle of a pandemic. In fact, you see the partisan commentary on Fox where the tone of the commentary in support of the Dear Leader is altered at the expense of the objective fact that these types of events are irresponsible right now.

The war discussion does not get us anywhere IMO and besides, I think it is irrelevant to the discussion what effect Trump and trumpism has had on american society and the world. I'm more intrigued by the ever more complex alternative reality you need to keep creating in which a monster like DJT is actually a good guy. For example, how about that GOP plot in CA to put fake ballot-drop boxes all over the state? Do you think that DJT, who is sooooo worried about voter-fraud will step in and bang their heads together along the lines of "Hey, we are trying to run a clean election here. What the hell were you thinking?" Somehow I doubt he will ever mention it....
              Last edited by Svensson; 10-13-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Is anyone a member of this?

Welcome to the Most Patriotic Place on the Internet. Here we love God, Country and our Constitution. If you are a Patriot, Come Join Us, and Remember, NO Cussing, Dang-It. Conservative News and commentary can be found on YackNow.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Nah. Each to their own (safe space) I think.

Comment

Nah. Each to their own (safe space) I think.
                    I'm so tempted to join, but I dare not enter the world of TrumpChat enthusiasts. I wonder how many posts read it takes to cause an aneurysm?
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

But, is it fair to be critical of something I have no experience of? Seems a little judgemental. Something of a conundrum.
                      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Holy Crap, I joined TrumpChat, and literally the first topic I found was shockingly, and shamefully racist. And still, I was surprised. Why?

I've screenshot the page, but I'm not posting it. And yes, I've reported the topic, for whatever point, my own moral compass maybe.

Well, my curiosity is satisfied, and I can slag them off with a clear conscious now.
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Just out of interest, how does it measure up against r/Trump in your opinion?

Cheers.

Comment

Just out of interest, how does it measure up against r/Trump in your opinion?

Cheers.
                            I've never actually seen r/Trump, so I can't compare. The offending racist thread has finally been removed. Wether that's connected to me starting a rather rude one about Donald and asking the moderator if he was going to stop my thread before the racist one is as yet undecided. I found a totally genuine, non satirical post stating that many Black Americans can go on to contribute to society as equals, if only they can lay off the Voodoo for long enough to find Jesus.

Really, it's a very low activity group. Not much going on, but what is, is just a reassuring echo chamber for Trump's uber fanatics. You can post any old pish, as long as it's pro Trump, no one will question it. It's far from being any kind of politics based forum. It's not even massively bigoted. It's just a safe space for people who get challenged about their nonsense elsewhere.

There's an amusing fantasy thread ( with one post ) wondering if the CCTV from Epstein's sex slave island has footage of the Bidens. Doubt it, but it will feature The Donald. His old mate. Literally no one will question the irony of that thread. That's TrumpChat in a nutshell. I've soiled my eyes, so you don't have to.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Maybe not such a genius.

Victor Gevers claimed he had access to president’s account, De Volkskrant reported, but Twitter said ‘we’ve seen no evidence’

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                                And because it's a password, it has to contain at least one one 'bigly' letter and a number.
                                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                                X