Herlock Sholmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

i dont beleive thats our Michael Banks. he lives in England, not California.
    Yes, he’s based in the Black Country, I believe. Wednesbury or somewhere like that.

Nice guy, from the dealings I’ve had with him.

Comment

Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post

No, I have emailed with him personally and my closest friend has been corresponding with our Michael for years, which is who I got the art from.

It is extremely good, very talented, so I'm not sure why he'd want to have kept it secret. Just the pieces are very depressing - as said, typically cute critters like kittens or bunnies looking suicidally depressed with broken hearts labelled "LOVE ME" and such against black backdrops.

Another piece has a skeleton pulling its heart out as cotton candy. Ironically seems a bit more upbeat than the woodland critter tragedy type pieces.
      well now im really confused because thats exactly the kind of art that Ms Diddles Michael Banks on Etsy is selling. but thats out of CA.

maybe you can ask Josh if hes OK?
      Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-30-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

well now im really confused because thats exactly the kind of art that Ms Diddles Michael Banks on Etsy is selling. but thats out of CA.

Is Michael Banks his real name? I had assumed he was using the Mary Poppins' character name in the same way as he uses Herlock Sholmes here.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Is Michael Banks his real name? I had assumed he was using the Mary Poppins' character name in the same way as he uses Herlock Sholmes here.
          i assumed it is. he was using that name on the other forum, which encourages you use your real name I beleive. also his email address to me has MB in it, so yes I beleive it is his real name.

Comment

Yes it's my mistake, Josh read this thread and thought it was Herlock and sent me those pieces.

He hasn't spoken to him recently.

He's probably just struggling being alone right now. Lockdown has been a particularly tough time for lonely people without family and such. That's one of the risks the government failed to assess entirely...

As per usual they don't understand people in emotionally difficult positions and the dangers of that.

I'm sure he will resurface? If he had contracted COVID would he have posted here?
            Last edited by WallaceWackedHer; 06-30-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

It's so long since I registered I can't remember the protocol (and with registration currently disabled by admin I can't check) but usually when you sign up to a site you need to register your RL details (eg name, mobile number, email addy etc) so presumably admin will have RL contact details for Herlock (in some shape or form).

I really hope he is ok; I always much enjoyed reading his contributions. Everything crossed that we will see him again before too long.

Comment

Hi!

This seems to have become a bit confused.....

There is another artist called Michael Banks, but I'm sure the guy I found on Etsy is Herlock. He is selling his profile picture of Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes as a print and other similar work.

That's how I found him.

The other dude is American, born 1972.

Totally different guy...

Comment

Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thanks Ms diddles and Al
                    i didnt find this when I searched for him on Etsy for some reason, but yeah this looks like our Michael Banks (and not the one from CA that does depressed cats lol).

BTW his art is amazing. and as someone who likes to paint but cant do portraits to save my life, i am very impressed! I didnt even know he was an artist!

hopefully he responds to someone soon!

Comment

Thanks Al!

I was trying to work out how to cut & paste the link.

I've not received any response, but it was always going to be a long shot, and I just urged him to log on or email Abby simply to confirm he's ok.

TBH I was half expecting a Restraining Order after tracking him down and trying to get in touch in such a bizzare fashion.....!!!

I felt like a total weirdo, but thought it worth a shot in the circumstances.

Comment

Thanks Ms diddles and Al
                        i didnt find this when I searched for him on Etsy for some reason, but yeah this looks like our Michael Banks (and not the one from CA that does depressed cats lol).

BTW his art is amazing. and as someone who likes to paint but cant do portraits to save my life, i am very impressed! I didnt even know he was an artist!

hopefully he responds to someone soon!
                        Yeah Abby!

I thought his work was really good when I saw it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                          Thanks Al!

I was trying to work out how to cut & paste the link.

I've not received any response, but it was always going to be a long shot, and I just urged him to log on or email Abby simply to confirm he's ok.

TBH I was half expecting a Restraining Order after tracking him down and trying to get in touch in such a bizzare fashion.....!!!

I felt like a total weirdo, but thought it worth a shot in the circumstances.
                          dont worry diddles I Facebook messaged a Michael Banks in Wolverhampton thats probably not our Herlock.

a total stranger lol gonna think whos this nutjob?!?

Comment

dont worry diddles I Facebook messaged a Michael Banks in Wolverhampton thats probably not our Herlock.

a total stranger lol gonna think whos this nutjob?!?
                            Hahaha!

Oh well, desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that!

Comment

As I said, Elamarna had met him personaly before and probably has his Mobile number.

The Baron

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                                As I said, Elamarna had met him personaly before and probably has his Mobile number.

The Baron
                                I asked Steve, he's not heard from him since Feb either, and likewise is concerned.
                                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                                X