Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Fishy, I didn't think this theory had any serious supporters, but I'll take your word that there is more evidence that supports it that I have missed. Maybe a fuller discussion on another thread.
    no worries
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

At no point have I claimed to be an expert, but I have certainly done enough reading on the subject to discount this particular theory.

I would certainly refute the claim that the weight of evidence in favour of the Royal Conspiracy is equal to the evidence to the contrary.

Each to their own though!

In relation to this thread however, this theory has it all in terms of intrigue and entertainment value so will likely take the gold medal.

I would certainly refute that refute
      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

As we all know, the Royal Conspiracy/Knight/Sickert Theory is baseless nonsense. Enjoyable and entertaining yes, a valid theory....no. A theory can’t remain plausible when so many of its basic tenets have been so thoroughly dismissed. The fact that someone might still attach substance to it is a testament to wish-thinking.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

He's back!
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Having considered the posts, the most entertaining theory awards go to:

In third place: an ape is JtR
            In second place: giant birds committed the murder

First place in the category of most entertaining theory goes to : the royal conspiracy theory.

Comment

So, I think the second award has to be the award for the most likely authentic ripper communication. Please make your nominations.

My nomination for the most likely authentic ripper communication is the Lusk Letter. It has:
              * an attempt at authentication which no other communication has (the kidney)
              * been sent to someone the murderer might have been angry with
              * a reference to cannibalism designed to shock (in the same way the posed bodies are designed to shock)
              * it is generally the letter most consider to be most likely to be authentic.

Does anyone have a better contender?

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

He's back!
                As ever, trying to balance out the twaddle with logic and reason.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

In the real world,it's called stalking

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                    So, I think the second award has to be the award for the most likely authentic ripper communication. Please make your nominations.

My nomination for the most likely authentic ripper communication is the Lusk Letter. It has:
                    * a reference to cannibalism designed to shock (in the same way the posed bodies are designed to shock)

I think I’d go for the Lusk Letter too Eten although I’m not convinced by any of them. If I had to throw in a wild card I’d go for the Moab and Midian Letter. There’s something authentic sounding about it for me. Would I put money on it being genuine? Nope
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Nope.

And the winner is .....etenguy!

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                        In the real world,it's called stalking
                        The Blunder From Down Under speaks.

I’ve spent a year being a victim of trolling by your two new pals. I won’t make another response to you or your new buddy on here as I don’t don't want to derail the thread. There’s no point in wasting time responding to a waste of space.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Having considered the posts, the most entertaining theory awards go to:

In third place: an ape is JtR
                          In second place: giant birds committed the murder

First place in the category of most entertaining theory goes to : the royal conspiracy theory.
                          I think Van Gogh deserves a Highly Commended rosette too!

Comment

Yeah, the Lusk letter has to be the favourite in this category!

I also find the (I hope I've remembered this correctly!) Nov 10th letter to Leman St Police Station kinda interesting. I'm paraphrasing here (as I've not yet worked out how to cut & paste from other threads ), but the writer denies having written any previous letters and states that they accept the name which they have been given, and promises to live up to the sobriquet.

For me, the jury is out on the letters. I'm not convinced that the murderer wrote them, but nor do I "detect the ink stained hand of a journalist".

I've always felt that there is something quite authentically unhinged in the mocking tone and cadence of the letters, but that is purely instinct / conjecture with no hard facts to support it. Sorry!!!

Comment

GSG? Does that class as a communication? For the record, I doubt any of the letters are real but the Lusk Letter gets my vote for originality.
                              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

That's a whole lotta refutin' goin' on!

Comment

Working...
                                X